How can we improve OneNote for Mac?

Mac: Compile all To Do tags into a summary page / sort by tags

In OneNote for Windows, you can create a new blank page and have it search all other existing pages for items tagged as To Do items. It will then make a single compiled list of all To Do items and copy them on the new page.

This is a great tool and would really like to have it on OneNote for Mac.

2,106 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Mark Spagnuolo shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

247 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Laura commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just started using OneNote for Mac (2018 version). So we have the ability to tag, but then no way to easily go back and see where we have applied those tags? That seems pointless! I saw a thing on windows OneNote where you can pull up a summary page with all your tags, and that's apparently not included in the Mac version?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How has this not been solved by now. Major disappointment. I will go back to my other tools.

• Nicolas R commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Don't do this : make a way to have *arbitrary* query. The presence of the tag "ToDo" is just one. It would be preposterous to have it hardwired specifically for this tag, when there is so much value in having EXPRESSIONS like "tagged todo + updated last 7 days" etc..

This omission is a huge oversight. Plus the inability to save a search that's updated LIVE, not a snapshot like the Windows version's "Crate Summary Page"

Want to comment and follow, this is nuts this is the 75% of the value of OneNote...

Please offer a timeline or suggestion of when this will be incorporated?

Echo the comments here. Not having a summary view eliminates 75% of the value of onenote!!

I wonder how many times people have to comment on getting this feature added before the product team responds.

• Sanjeev Kumar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Horrendous! I am not a MS user. Got into it less than a year back. Monstrosities such as this make me wonder if I made a right move! We cannot do this, we cannot do that, it is available on this platform, but not on the other one, and so on ... It just goes one. I even wonder if we need to complain about these things in 2018!

I am so sad to not have this feature now that I have switched to a Mac office. This feature is invaluable!

• Reza commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, Please add summary tag to one note for MAC!!!!!! this is the most valuable of one note!!!

• Johnny commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How many votes does it take before this basic feature is added? This thread is almost 4 years old and I'm on the latest version of OneNote for Mac and can't believe it still doesn't exist.

Why doesn't this exist for Mac?!?! This is an essential feature that makes OneNote valuable.

new to onenote and working on a pc in the office and mac and home and can't believe that there is no search function or summary of the tags... yes makes the function useless...

hate that i moved to a mac only office... i just wasted hours adding to-do marks to all my notes and it's across dozen's of pages. please help asap!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 12 13

Feedback and Knowledge Base