How can we improve OneNote for Mac?

Better printing for the Mac

Printing support on the Mac is very primitive currently. You cannot change the page layout or reproduction size, so you often find that what you have drawn simply will not fit on the printed page.

995 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

MS shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

214 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • KrisJ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Idea raised in 2014. Still no fix. How on gods green earth can this be? Seriously...

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Because this essential feature is not supported, I do not think I am going to rely on this product.

• Max commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not being able to print, or correctly format for PDF output is such a pain that I think I'm going to stop using this product.

you're being to nice with "primitive", it's unusable! How are we supposed to use OneNote in classroom as a study help, if students can't print the worksheets or the notes they take in class? My colleagues have started to move away from OneNote again for that exact reason! Microsoft, please make that happen for both versions - windows and mac! We have kids with both types of laptops!

PS: and I know that in the MS Desktop version you can print, however, what's up with the single A4 size page? How am I supposed to work with one single A4 page?

• Nicole commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

WE NEED A PAGE LIMIT!!! without being able to print our notes this app is useless, come on guys its 2019!!

GUYS online version of the app! it fixes your problem. On your device, first click the page width button so that you can see what scale % fits all of your notes, (I recommend using 100 for an iPad cause its pretty similar to conventional paper margins)

Then, whatever % is shown on your device is the % you set the print scale from the online version of Onenote (found on Onedrive) after you click "print".

I don't understand why it doesn't allow us to make the page an a4 size, isn't that the most requested feature and the easiest to implement? You have done it on other platforms so why don't you do it here, I don't understand. It would make everybody's life a lot better... Please... That would be the best Christmas present ever!

• hater commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

****, ITS BEEN 3 YEARS, WHAT THE **** MICROSOFT, YOU SUCK! HOPEFULLY SOME OTHER COMPETITOR JUST COMES AND TAKES THE MARKET SHARE YOU`RE JUST NEGLECTING BECAUSE OF NEGLIGENCE

• hater commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

THIS IS JUST A DEAL BREAKER, what a shame such a simple and basic feature isnt available, otherwise would be my number 1 note app

• David LaCroix commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Still no way to change from portrait to landscape on OneNote for Mac - seems pretty darn basic. I had to copy and paste the table into Excel to get it to print correctly.

• Aish commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really love the app BUTTTTT cannot use it for my notes because I want to print out my notes! Absolutely heartbreaking!

• Marcus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The UI and functionality is scarily similar to Evernote. Is this a white labelled product?
    They both share the identical printing to one page flaw.

As per the comments below, this is very frustrating. There still does not appear to be any way that a page size can be easily set up for mac users to make pdf's meaningfully readable (or indeed printable). Any ideas when this function will be added for Mac users?

← Previous 1 3 4 5 10 11

Feedback and Knowledge Base