How can we improve OneNote for Mac?

OneNote Importer for Mac loses Loses Note Titles

The community appreciates that OneNote Importer exists for Mac to migrate notes from Evernote to OneNote. However, Note Titles are completely missed -- I have several thousand notes and this happened for roughly half of my notes. Please fix this bug.

31 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • R commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm using for business. Made the full switch to O365 but cannot bring my Evernotes into OneNote because missing titles.

• Mark Henderson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dear Microsoft,

If you want people to migrate content to your ecosystem, you should probably make sure the migration tool you vend actually works.

• Rich Brown commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same problem, many titles are missing. This needs to be fixed before I can migrate to OneNote. Please fix the issue.

• Fred Coyote commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same issue. Would REALLY love to convert from Evernote to Onenote, but cannot until a scalable and stable tool to convert over exists.
    fwiw, tried importing several different ways, on mac, on windows, exporting an evernote file, doing the straight-over convert with the importer tool Version 1.0.4 (1). Note titles are missing on half or more of the notes.

• Joel Jones commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I first tried it with a single note from a Macintosh to a .enex file, using the MacOS One Note importer. That note didn't have the title. I tried exporting two notes, and the first one had no title, but the second didn't

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Tried to migrate from evernote to onenote, but this is stopping me since almost thousand notes are missing the titles. I had a specific format for date and topic in all titles to easily find meeting-notes and other notes back. Watching this to find out when I can move over.

• Jonathan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This needs to be fixed for me to move to OneNote. I have checked on a few notes the the XML actually has the title...

• Jordan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seems like such an obvious bug that everyone is experiencing. How hard can it be to grab those values from the evernote file and load them into the page titles on OneNote? Not any harder than grabbing the content itself...?

• Mark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would Love to move everything into OneNote and get all my notes under one program, but have to agree with the others. Cannot move with confidence since each time I try, a few notes are missing or partial notes. Keep working on the fix!

Feedback and Knowledge Base