How can we improve OneNote for Mac?

We need dark theme for notes.

Dark theme is supported in most of the apps. It would be better if you support the same.

93 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I quit using OneNote because of this shortcoming. Zoho notes and many other competitors have had this for ages. Still, I like other features OneNote has so would be glad to use it again.

• Paul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add Dark Mode to OneNote like you do with other Office Apps. It is a "glaring mistake" not to have it, literally.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 please enable dark mode on OneNote to match the other Microsoft apps running on Mac Mojave!

• Matthew Cerny commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please release Dark Mode for OneNote. OneNote is a great daily program but it's missing Dark Mode like the other Office programs on macOS Mojave.

• Calvin Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The lack of dark-mode in OneNote is the major reason that I do not currently use it as my primary note taking solution.

It seems weird that all the other office apps have dark mode but one note. Please update it so it will honor dark mode.

I third this. If OneNote had a dark mode it would be the *perfect* app and I'd suggest Apple replace notes with OneNote.

• Ryan Panela commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is so true. Why would a company as successful as Microsoft make such a stupid move not to release the update all together. Its just common sense that users would want a uniform look at their devices.

Implement it through Mac System "Dark Mode" and it really is needed (OneNote is far more important than for Excel or Word which are more document based)

Feedback and Knowledge Base