How can we improve OneNote for Mac?

We need dark theme for notes.

Dark theme is supported in most of the apps. It would be better if you support the same.

387 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

48 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Justin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I always have to minimize OneNote b/c it is too bright next to all my other dark mode apps. You can do it!!

• Rainer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add a dark mode for Onenote!
    It feels so good on other Office 365 products ( macOS Mojave ) with a dark mode, Onenote, maybe is the last product in Office ecosystem lacking this feature.

• Ryan VanLeeuwen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add the dark theme to OneNote for Make. I use it extensively and I have installed a Windows VM on my mac just to use OneNote 2016 with the dark theme. It would be such a huge help to have it in OneNote for Mac. I use OneNote daily and hourly, and my eyes are so much less strained by the end of the day in Dark Mode. PLEASE ADD IT!!!

• Doug Plank commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please do... OneNote deserves to remain a useful program in the Mac environment!

• Yannic commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Other applications & providers already provide this and voting is not needed even there.... but Microsoft wants voting on something that is (already) so essential (or basic setup)?..... Bizarre...

• Yannic commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Indeed, completely unlogical other Office apps have Dark modus and Onenotes not.... Please some logical thinking on releasing updates/versions? Is there ANY good excuses you have why not to release Onenote in Dark mode? At least let the user/customer decide if he wants to use Dark mode or not... We need (and want) this, that is clear ! So many applications work already in both modes, and Onenote not?.... Bizarre and not really giving a professional image since so many people use Onenotes... So now we are using Word, Excel, Powerpoint in Dark mode, but cannot in Onenote?... Hm, yes, logical.... Please Microsoft, get some logical thinking on releases!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dark Mode for OneNote of course! I think this is very obvious and I agree with ChilldogDaddyo =)

• Christian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please implement dark mode on MacOS for OneNote, the look & feel between OneNote and all the other office apps is terrible.
    Thank you

• Franck L commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

we need dark mode for one note Mac, because you know, its 2019 and even ever note has a great dark mode.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base