How can we improve OneNote for Mac?

OneNote for Mac needs to have all the features of the Windows version

OneNote for Mac needs to have all the features of the Windows version.

OneNote could replace my todo app. In fact it'd be the best todo app - I've used them all.

But not until the Mac version is the same as the Windows version. So please update OneNote for Mac to match the Windows version.

704 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anon Ymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

24 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i've been using onenote since it's start. i've moved to mac and it's insanely dissapointing that there isn't feature parity... especially things like docking to the side and custom tags.

It's nothing short of false advertising to advertise these features and they simply are not there.

I'm actually switching back to a laptop because the new company I work for uses Microsoft and it's impossible to get anything done.

• Catherine Brickell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't open any of my old .one files from when I was a PC user, making using OneNote app and OneNote Online completely useless on my Mac.... all that work that went into my old notebooks is effectively destroyed. Apparently I can work around by using a PC and exporting. NO! It should be as simple as just opening the file. Why sell it to Mac if there is not full functionality?

Please enable the option to adjust line-spacing! It's incredibly stupid that I need to ask for this when you have it across every other Microsoft product you have.

• Halina commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes!
        Missing templates (now that Evernote started offering them - it's an issue).

• Ahmed commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

OMG come on guys add the GD paper size option, it's making the app useless!

Basically, fix PDF search in Mac version and I will be happy. Have tons of PDF documents that I can't use in OneNote yet :,(

Add the basic features like exporting and scaling for printing! Mac users have waited long enough! This is maddening and unacceptable, when we are being charged the same price as Windows users. I understand product differentiation, competitive advantage, monopoly and all the reasons why Microsoft would want to keep some of the advanced features as Windows only; however, Exporting and Scaling to Print is NOT an advanced feature! It's a basic feature. I plan to contact Microsoft's Office of the President over this as there has been ample time to rectify this issue. It's 100% Unacceptable when there is no price differentiation between mac and windows.

Microsoft, it really is incredible that we even have to ask for this. You know full well that OneNote is not integrated across Windows and Mac in the enterprise. Everytime I can't go into a colleague's OneNote because you guys have not enabled the features it further erodes your reputation and your good work in other areas. When are you going to finally enable this?

• Tanya commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd also like to mention the integration of Outlook Meetings into OneNote is a major setback. The option tags has also been a big disappointment with OneNote for Mac and the iPad. Please try to incorporate some of the basic features available on the windows version.

• Tuan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Remember the fact that 'OneNote' owner is also the owner of the Mac O/S's competitor, by ignoring so many important feature requests, I believe they want people to switch back to their O/S.

I recently converted to OneNote. The functionality was good. However, losing the ink to text feature on the Mac is a non-starter for me. Please update and reinstate this feature on the Mac and ios version.

• Leon Kuhn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Especially the option to draw formulas, objects and convert handwritten text into normal text!

• bhandty commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Completely agree - and this is true across the entire microsoft office platform. the Mac versions should have the same capabilities as the windows versions. I find it incredible that this overall issue has not been resolved by Microsoft yet.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base