How can we improve OneNote for Mac?

OneNote for Mac needs to have all the features of the Windows version

OneNote for Mac needs to have all the features of the Windows version.

OneNote could replace my todo app. In fact it'd be the best todo app - I've used them all.

But not until the Mac version is the same as the Windows version. So please update OneNote for Mac to match the Windows version.

1,070 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anon Ymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

35 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Zhengyuan Yue commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would especially like to see the improvement of export/print features of OneNote for Mac. Specifically (all the following is implemented in OneNote for Windows 10):

1. OneNote for Mac is still unable to export/print the ENTIRE notebook/section. So we have to export/print the notes one by one

2. OneNote for Mac cannot export the paper style to PDF or printer

3. The content exported is enlarged (bigger than 100%) and it often exceeds the paper width

• Jeff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Scanning. PLEASE add the ability to scan directly to OneNote. How can it be so hard, or take so long to add this simple (and critical) feature, especially if Evernote has had it for years?!?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add Sticky Notes support for Mac with sync to the cloud and maybe also the old clipping menu for Mac

I'm beginning to get used to (but still dislike) the fact that all my tabs are on the left. I liked them on top as they were in the 2016 version.

It should also have the integration with Outlook in it - I used to add reminders in Outlook for things I had to do, with the flag feature, but can't seem to do that now either.

• Susie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add templates and the ability to create a summary page of tag search results

• Josh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This pretty much sums up my feelings on OneNote for Mac. It lacks basic features that Windows has, like exporting notebooks and Outlook integration.

• Lowray commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please bring the templates over from the Windows version. I'm shocked to see the lack of support for Mac users!

OMG - Onenote on the MAC still does not provide templates, while the Windows version has many templates. This feature couldn't be easier to provide in Mac version and add so much value to customers.

I don't want collapse the section & page side window automaticlly when I typing. Just do what I see in Windows. This is the most comfortable way I'm using.

The features I am used to on the desktop version of OneNote and am missing now because there is no desktop version of OneNote on mac are:

Reviewing tab: providing other options like a translation;
    Reviewing options: providing a lot more proofing options like ignoring URLs and files;
    View --> Paper size: does not exist;
    Creating templates: does not exist;
    Styles for headers: just one instead of many and no ability to create custom styles that you can keep using, just the copy paste formatting tool.
    Outlook integration: does not exist;
    Export feature: does not exist;
    Pasting formatting: when pasting things from the web for example, on the desktop version you used to get pasting options like paste in the current style used in OneNote or keep original style etc;
    Insert excel spreadsheet: does not exist;
    History tab: does not exist;
    Office add-ins: do not exist, even the web version allows add-ins why not the regular os one?
    OS-wide hotkey quick notes: does not exist, in windows, you press crtl+n in windows and a quick note pops up;
    Sticky notes: the sticky notes that are part of OneNote on ios and windows do not exist on this version, what is the use? going to onenote.com/stickynotes every time to handle your notes is too inefficient;
    OS-wide screen clipping: does not exist here. In the windows desktop app, you could press a hotkey combination and take a screenshot selection anywhere in the os.
    Convert table to excel spreadsheet: does not exist;
    Insert symbols: does not exist;
    Equation tools: does not exist. I really don't see the purpose of the insert equation in this version of OneNote.
    Ink to text: does not exist;
    Ink to math: does not exist;
    Images formatting: does not exist;
    Tags: fewer tags, no custom tags and limited hotkeys for tags (just first 9 tags have a hotkey). I know there is a release introducing custom tags coming in January 2019, so this one might be resolved for a part.
    that's what I am missing, these features made OneNote great.

Cheers,

i've been using onenote since it's start. i've moved to mac and it's insanely dissapointing that there isn't feature parity... especially things like docking to the side and custom tags.

It's nothing short of false advertising to advertise these features and they simply are not there.

I'm actually switching back to a laptop because the new company I work for uses Microsoft and it's impossible to get anything done.

• Catherine Brickell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't open any of my old .one files from when I was a PC user, making using OneNote app and OneNote Online completely useless on my Mac.... all that work that went into my old notebooks is effectively destroyed. Apparently I can work around by using a PC and exporting. NO! It should be as simple as just opening the file. Why sell it to Mac if there is not full functionality?

Please enable the option to adjust line-spacing! It's incredibly stupid that I need to ask for this when you have it across every other Microsoft product you have.

• Halina commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes!
    Missing templates (now that Evernote started offering them - it's an issue).

• Ahmed commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

OMG come on guys add the GD paper size option, it's making the app useless!

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base