How can we improve OneNote for Mac?

Printing

Why doesn't OneNote for Mac have the same printing capabilities as OneNote for PCs, Evernote, and Noteability. Makes OneNote useless for me as a student.

221 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Amanda Simmons commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This seems so simple to fix. Currently, I use One Note for all of my classes but I end up having to cut and paste all of my notes in to Word just to print them. Such a waste of time, but it just looks so weird to print directly from One Note. Also, a lot of the formatting for outlining is lost when you import in to word, and for law school, when you live and die by outlines, that is a colossal pain ********** to lose formatting.

• David P commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please provide a page orientation option in the printer dialogue box. Printing works fine from the online version of OneNote, but not the app.

• Stephen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Windows version of OneNote has the ability to show the the current page size thus enable user to correctly print pages. This should be available in the Mac version

• Dan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When I print a note on Mac, what ends up on paper is huge compared to what I see on screen. I have have to reduce it to the lowest point font setting to get it to look like 11 or 12 point on paper.

Or I have to copy the content to Word, format, and then print. We shouldn't have to go through these hoops to print something...

OneNote for Win10 does not have this issue.

• Adam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Mac still shifts everything to the right and makes it huge, and there are Zero formatting options to fix it. FIX YOUR PRINTING BUG MICROSOFT. For those who are having this issue, try printing from the web version in your browser, I've had no issues so far with that.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please ADD margin and scaling options for printing!!! The fact these options are missing is baffling. I've had to move most of my OneNote work to Word solely because of these missing features.

You have to go back to OneNote 2016. This new version, even on Windows has better performance, but you can't print a page or do all the extra fancy stuff. It was a nightmare trying to figure that out. If I'm wrong and someone knows the shortcuts, please post them.

Mac needs to be able to print to PDF entire notebook. How could this not be possible????

Agree - basically have to make everything tiny to make it print on a single page

• Keith Martinkus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My OneNotes notes print just fine on a Windows machine but on the Mac it's all out of proportion, if I want to print a not I have to go to a Windows machine. Evernote prints fine on the Mac, Notes from Mac prints fine. And it's not the printer I've used 3 different printers.

Feedback and Knowledge Base