How can we improve OneNote for Mac?

Export/Download Notebooks

Please allow us to export/download/transfer notebooks to our personal computer or another account. I'm going to lose my notes because we have to switch accounts for storage and I can't transfer my notes.

201 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Katja commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes. A MS helpdesk rep and I tried quite hard to transfer notebooks from a personal account to a business account on a Mac. It seems that this is not possible. I'll try again with a Windows computer, but that should not be necessary ...

• Ibrahim Senol commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"OneNote client" on Macbook doesn't allow to export a "local" OneNote notebook. It only supports to save a page in PDF.

• Dan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If the two accounts will be active at the same time, you can connect them both at the same time to Onenote. Then you can use the move command to move/copy them from notebook to another.

If you will not have two accounts at the same time, you could open personal account and do the same thing.

• Steven commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

All that is synced to OneDrive is a url link to the online editing. This is an incredibly basic feature and I'm not sure why this is not possible, but it's making seriously consider whether or not OneNote will work for my needs. I don't want to spend a few years taking notes only to have them disappear because I have no local copy and I either leave my organization or my school account no longer is active.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same problem as this poser. And no, you can't download the files from OneDrive or sync them locally.

• Justin Novack commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

They should be on your OneDrive (if you've stored them there). Just download them from there and upload them to your new account?

Does that work?

Feedback and Knowledge Base