How can we improve OneNote for Mac?

PAGE SIZE OPTION!!

You really need to add the same options that the PC version has. Not knowing where one page ends and the next start is a huge pain when you wanting to print things on one page!.

754 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Robbie shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

147 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Jon Thorington commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why is this still not implemented? The print options on the 365 version are garbage. Notes taken split into multiple pages with no clear way to scale them. How is this acceptable?

• Thamme Gowda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Page size option, please.
    I am switching to something else soon.
    Looks like there are plenty of alternatives.
    WAKE UP!

• Raul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft 2019 - still the company that won't listen. Nominated for 'dreckstool of the year'.

• RimBamByte commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Switched to cherrytree, python, one free-time developer but at least the export and print features works!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a few issues with OneNote on my iMac and iPad:
    1.) There isn't a way to convert notes to text. I would imagine it wouldn't be able to convert math symbols anyway;
    2.) When I copy and paste a PDF into OneNote, it doesn't look like the original document (in other words, I have to edit the heck out of it);
    3.) I cannot find a way to adjust the width of my nates to print on an 8.5x11 page properly.

Anyone have any suggestions?

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Cant print my notes because of sizing, wish I used paper now and not MS one note. It used to work great, and had a lot of functionality. Guess MS wants to phase it out by attrition.

• Fabi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thie problem is already pretty good explained by all the others. I just add another comment in hope that the devs will answer before Office 2025.

• Kristian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please give us page scaling. Whats the point of using this app on iPad if i cant print my A4s

• Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't believe this still isn't a thing. I really need this.

Page scaling so you can print what you write!!! Also printing from my iPhone....like in the earlier versions.

• Jonathan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This program is worthless without this option. must use another program instead.

• Sam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Roll back to 2016 PC Base features, the app is truly a piece of ****!
    Has product management gone to seep on this application.

Totally unbelievable, I will wait a bit because I have invested so much time on this program but in 90 days I am switching to Evernote

• DrFunmore commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have found a solution to this. First, you export it to 'Single File Web Page (*.mht') using the export option. Now you can open the .mht file using chrome or any other web browser and print using the correct page setup. It looks like the browser printer is more intelligent than the OneNote print option because I see there are no broken diagrams or broken words when I print using the browser.

i am actually going to switch to other note taking apps because of this. it is so frustrating. i need to print out my notes that took me hours to type out., only to find that i cannot fix the page size on mac, and that i cannot insert a page break. boo!

onenote is almost perfect. if developers add this in, i would be very happy and gladly switch back to using their product.

• MM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Especially considering it USED TO BE an option on onenote 2016, and it appears to no longer be an option in the new version. Just like "email page" is ALSO not an option anymore.

Terrible "update" - it's a major digression that removed many features. I wish microsoft would fix it.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

Feedback and Knowledge Base