How can we improve OneNote for Mac?

Multiple windows

Multiple windows is not working on the new version (15.36). Could you please fix it?

1 vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Completed  ·  AdminOneNote Team (Admin, OneNote Team) responded  · 

We have shipped multi window support for Mac OneNote. Here are the various ways to create a new window -
    • View Tab → New Window
    • Application ‘Window’ Menu → New Window
    • Right click on Dock icon → New Window
    • Right click on a Notebook/Section Group/Section/Page → Open in New Window
    • Shortcut Key: CTRL + m (matching Windows)

Let us know if there are any issues with the design.

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Ian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was sure I had the latest version from the App store, but having checked the version of the app on Application 'One Note' menu I see that I'm running 15.33, much older than the version mentioned above (15.36). App store had no updates, so I did a search for One note and sure enough, the latest version is 15.41. Installed it and multiple versions are there.

I do, however, now understand what all the fuss about section tabs being moved from the top. Having two layers of navigation on the left is ugly, and there needs to be an option to put it back how it was.

• pk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I had version 15.34 but App Store does not indicate an update. I searched for MS OneNote anyway and realised it's got 15.37 so I installed it. This provides the multiple Window function.

• John commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm on version 15.34 and none of the above work for me either. No issue with the design as described above. I ran the update and don't find anything more current than 15.34.

Feedback and Knowledge Base