How can we improve OneNote for Mac?

Move the tabs back to the top

Move the tabs back to the top, do it now.

Stupid engineers.

608 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

183 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Put the tabs back on top!!!!!! Who thought taking that option away was a good idea?

This is incredibly annoying. I now have much less usable space on my screen because of this. Give us the option. Terrible idea.

• Angry Windows OneNote 2016 User commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Who was the moron that decided to force your loyal OneNote 2016 users into this poor poor version? For the first time, I'm considering switching to Evernote. I HATE ONENOTE without the tabs on top. And I used OneNote 2016 all day long for work. I'm a consultant and LIVE in OneNote. PLEASE let me change the format back to OneNote 2016!

• Mya commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For what it's worth (just how long did it take microsoft to actually make tags customisable across devices...) yes, please PLEASE allow users to put the tabs back at the top.

This change to the tabs on the left instead of the top sucks. TOO MUCH CLUTTER! Give us our tabs back

• anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Well, where should I begin. As an older user of your program, and a former advocate for using said program, I am in complete shock that it appears you haven't taken into consideration any of your current end users before making this change. Does anyone who had something to do with this format change even use OneNote (spell checking OneNote on the OneNote site, really?) Who thought it was a good idea to infringed upon the document space with a new tab format. If you needed to make such a change, why not work within the current format. Since I am certain that customer service is one of your highest priorities, please advise how I can switch back to the original format. Unless, of course, you don't give a **** about customer service and in that case I will be actively looking for and supporting a competitive company that will put customer service first.

571 votes? Come on... I'm all for new layouts but not when you take away the end user's ability to choose. Why does Microsoft ALWAYS cram their "brilliant" ideas down our throats? What happened to this whole user experience program where you test things and gather feedback before executing a change??

Clearly everyone here is ****** and probably many more who don't have time to voice their opinions. Give us back control of our OneNote layout!

571 votes? Come on... I'm all for new layouts but not when you take away the end user's ability to choose. Why does Microsoft ALWAYS cram their "brilliant" ideas down our throats? What happened to this whole user experience program where you test things and gather feedback before executing a change??

Clearly everyone here is ****** and probably many more who don't have time to voice their opinions. Give us back control of our OneNote layout!

• [Deleted User] commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a real mistake (moving tabs from the top). I'm going to be forced to go for another notes program now. this functionality was the only reason I stuck the MS office. Poor, poor, upgrate

• Bob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, one of the dumber moves by MS. I can't believe that this isn't highlighted in every article written about the sunsetting of 2016. It messes with the flow.

Help!! How do I get my tabs back to the top?? I had them when I started organizing and now they're on the side

I am new to OneNote and have 2016 at home and 2013 at work. I loved the OneNote at work with the tabs on top. the 2016 at home, not so much. The Notebooks do not all show. I have more notebooks on my phone app than appear on my desktop version. I can search and it says the notebook is not there, but if I try to add it into my Desktop it says that there is already a notebook by that name. Renders this useless in many ways. Please update the 2016 version to have the tabs at the top and to enable us to see the different workbooks. I can not even figure out how to have more than one workbook on 2016. Please listen to the users. Someone made an awful error here.

Please put the navigation tabs back at the top!! It's too confusing with these big sections on the left side. I agree with everyone else!

• MM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For visual people having the section tabs at the top allows an organized snapshot of the overall picture. With page tabs on the left side with sub-pages- those of us that are overwhelmed with a lot of data being provided at once- it was an organizational dream. Miss the check boxes and alarms. Not as user friendly. a plus not worrying about having to save. Might as well use excel spreadsheet. Very disappointed.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10

Feedback and Knowledge Base