How can we improve OneNote for Mac?

Move the tabs back to the top

Move the tabs back to the top, do it now.

Stupid engineers.

535 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

150 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I do not understand why these things are not left for the user to decide instead of
        implementing on top of them how someone else wanted too. Very Bad Design

Just installed on new machine and am now stuck with tabs on left. Takes far too much screen real estate. Please give us the option to put it back on the top.

Tabs on th side? Are you kidding? two tabs and you've destroyed 20% of the screen real-estate. this idea is dumb, dumb, dumb. What kindergardener w/ a crayon got hired to head the UI Design team?

I agree! Please move the tabs back to the top or at least give us an option to change around the layout for personal preference!
        I cant see why we wouldnt be able to choose!
        Thanks!

• ex OneNote user commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So much for the customer is always right.

Used to love using OneNote now it's rubbish. All because they moved the tabs to the side.

Unless its moved back then this is getting uninstalled. What a shame.

• Peter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thought I was the only one missing my tabs at the top. Have just spent an hour browsing the net for a solution. The ARROGANCE of this forced change is staggering. Used to be a OneNote champion at my work place...now I'll just look for the next best product.

• Elton Aguiar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

for the tabs on top, you can get onenote 2016 there isn't a 2019 office version of onenote,. the windows app is the one without tabs.

• Michael Quiroz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I prefer having section tabs at top and pages to the right. At least put an option for desktop app.

• Ammar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please do it. I hate, hate, hate having to search for my notes because getting to them by clicking is taking too long...
        I get that you're trying to make this a tab/phone friendly thing, but there is a reason I'm using an actual laptop here!

• Vasil Michev commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah, so we cooked this half-baked replacement on a beloved app and we didnt even bother to add options to control the navigation. But to make sure you will use this ****, we removed the desktop app from Office installs. Gotta love them...

Dear Microsoft OneNote program manager,

How do I roll back my OneNote app to an earlier version (with the TABS across the TOP)? I am running Windows 10 with all updates and am seriously upset about this mess of an "update".

Bad idea.

Screen real estate hog.

this is ridiculous! my surface pro 3 (running updated Win OS 10) just stopped working. No reboot (volume up + power button, etc.). Using another laptop, signed into my O365 MS account and if I can't restore my Surface, I'll have to use my go-to OneNote in this odd, unwelcome format.

please give we users who rely on OneNote (tabs atop) an option to keep them horizontally across the top!

• FUCK ONE NOTE commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seriously. Do you guys even use this program? The tabs on the side take up half the screen. I wish Apple had started sooner and put Microsoft out of business. You guys suck.

agreed. I don't know why msft does this. Most other times they offer too many options that clutter up the app or workspace. Often times the options/features do the same thing in like 3 different places.
        Please change it back!

• NellyInChicago commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ugh! I used to LOVE using OneNote. Had I known this new version moved the tabs to the side (without an option for users to change the view to tabs on top) I never would have upgraded. This is awful! I can't believe any program designer would possibly think this was a good idea! Change it back!!!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

Feedback and Knowledge Base