How can we improve OneNote for Mac?

Move the tabs back to the top

Move the tabs back to the top, do it now.

Stupid engineers.

691 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

230 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • John M commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For crying out loud!!!!! Why would you not even give us the option of putting tabs where we wanted them!? Having them on the left truly bites! I want them back on top!!!!!

• Barry Schwartz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I add my vote to this to please allow relocation of the tabs to the top. The current orientation takes up way too much screen space.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE GIVE US THE OPTION OF HAVING SECTION GROUPS AND SECTIONS TO THE TOP. ONENOTE IS NOW UNUSABLE ON MACS WITH BOOKS WITH LOTS OF CONTENT. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE AT LEAST GIVE US THE OPTION

Microsoft.... love many of the improvements you're making but for the life of me I cannot understand why you would *take* *functionality* *away* that already existed before. We are now unable to move tabs and navigation of notes to the top of the screen??? Please listen to your user community and improve this on the next release!

sorry, microsoft...office 365 looks great, but I just got stuck with this awful change to onenote...please let us know when this has been fixed, or at minimum we have the option to put the tabs across the top and notebooks down the left side as before.

• Oscar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Come on, move the section groups & section tabs back to the top. Having them on the left takes up too much screen estate. I can't stand using the onenote app instead of onenote 2016

Please allow users to choose where to put the tabs. The top is SO much easier. I loved it with the tabs on top and lists on the right. At least allow us to decide if we want to use the old layout or new layout. Thank you.

• Scott Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Completely agree with the vote to move the tabs back to the top. It makes one wonder how much the folks at Microsoft really understand their customers. If they had done just a tiny amount of research, they would have known not to change this. Incompetence in design is the death knell for software.

YES!!! Glad to see I'm not the only one that is upset about this! I'm over here throwing a tantrum like a 2 year old!! What the heck???

• No Thanks commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please allow tabs at the top like in older versions. I don't understand why this had to be changed.

• Jason commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please move the tabs to the top, I’m still using 2016 version of OneNote because of this

• Dani commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Completely agree with so many others. Allow the option to view the Notebook tabs to the top of the screen and the pages along (either side). How hard can this be? I am going to go back to 2016. Software Engineers should allow multiple display options in the UI. Really short-sighted.

• Rick Francis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

At least give us the options to move the section and section group tabs back to the top and the pages to either the right or left. Why would you suddenly take options away and waste real estate on the monitor? You are acting like an Apple wanna be, and that is just dumb

• Ron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If we told you, you would not do it anyway? Been asking now for years, just like everyone else: Tabs at the top, pages on the right, intelligent tags ...

Please give us the option to move Sections tab to the top of the screen! Much appreciated.

Same here, at least give us the option to put it back, will look at alternatives

Agree with all of the comments. Move the tabs back to the top. This new format takes up valuable screen space and makes no sense.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 11 12

Feedback and Knowledge Base