How can we improve OneNote for Mac?

Make the sidebar as small as possible.

The new sidebar for onenote is stupid. I don't want to have to scroll sideways to read my notes (i insert PDF and write to the right of them). The space should be for notes not for watching the sidebar. It is to big and takes up to much space inwards from the side. It was taking to much space before the last update but now it is totaly insane. This has ruined OneNote for me.

95 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

adnanadnan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Completed  ·  OneNote TeamAdminOneNote Team (Admin, OneNote Team) responded  · 

Thanks for using OneNote and sharing your feedback! I’m happy to report that the latest version of OneNote for Mac, which was released yesterday, includes the option to resize or hide the navigation panes. Simply use your mouse to drag from the outer edge of any navigation pane to make it bigger or smaller. Or, if you’d like to hide the panes altogether, open the View menu, click on Navigation Panes, and choose the panes you’d like to show or hide.

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Dan MillsDan Mills commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Have you guys not seen the new feature they added in Experimental or Fast Updates? In the upper right corner of the window is a "double arrow" button that hides the sidebar and gives you the content in full screen. There is a "back" button that will reveal the sidebar when you need it. This is the best of both worlds. I love it!

• SamSam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, just a button to minimize the side bar, like in Adobe reader... it's ridiculous, especially on a small screen like an iPad.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I prefer the sidebar to the old tab style, but we need the ability to resize it!, show and hide it!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Initially I likes the aesthetics but now hate it as it is a complete waste of screen space (we don't all have massive display screens like I assume MS developers do).

So bad that if a previous layout option is not available soon then I'll have to move back to Apple Notes.

• SusanSusan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

can we not have option for side bar to disappear so that we can have more working space

• Jesús GarcíaJesús García commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

the new sidebar can be fine in his way, but i do not understand why is not possible to hide it?, and also I don't want to see images in the sidebar.. at least put the option. Annd... in windows you can fold and group within subpages..

C'on what have you done?

• K8K8 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

agreed! the inability to adjust the 2-3 sidebars on the left is so frustrating. Why would they take all of the space away from having the sections across the top!? I really hope they go back to the old style soon. Otherwise I'm going to have to change my entire note-taking process for school. I was so attached to OneNote and how easy it has been to adjust it and cater it to how I learn at Uni, but it's latest appearance update is SUCH a nuisance.

Feedback and Knowledge Base