How can we improve OneNote for Mac?

Leaving (or option to leave) the section tabs at the top on the page instead of on the side

Of the new experimental features is the sections tabs moving to the side of the page instead of displaying at the top. This kills screen space as it takes a huge chunk or horizontal space for people who work with two windows side by side. If the feature is coming, please leave an option to revert back to displaying these tabs at the top of the notebook.

835 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Pedro GomezPedro Gomez shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

603 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is awful with taps on side? It is counter intuitive, hard to read tabs sideways, and accompanying real estate leave a TON of blank, wasted space on screen. Really awful Pls give us option to put it back!

• Ramesh BabuRamesh Babu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

from : https://onenote.uservoice.com/forums/327165-onenote-for-mac/suggestions/19470127-tabs

JavCee commented · July 02, 2017 17:44 · Flag as inappropriate
        YOU WILL THANK ME FOR SAVING YOUR LIFE :)

THE FOLLOWING WORKS 100% TO BRING BACK THE VERSION WITH TABS AT TOP.

READ INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY

Click the link below

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Release-notes-for-Office-2016-for-Mac-ed2da564-6d53-4542-9954-7e3209681a41?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US

Please choose 15.33.0 version. Download this.

Now don't install just yet. You need to remove the existing OneNote.

Firstly make sure you sync all your data on onenote across

You have to uninstall the current Onenote completely, otherwise, even if you re-install the 15.33.0, the layout will not go back.

Follow the link below for uninstall instructions.

https://support.office.com/en-gb/article/Remove-OneNote-from-the-Mac-b17944fc-2702-467e-8fec-0b3736054216

Make sure trash is empty

Restart your MAC

Install the Onenote you have downloaded.

Once installed, open the app and sign in as normal.

Viola your perfect version of OneNote awaits you.

Sync your data.

Finally click help, then click check for updates, and make sure manually check option is highlighted.

NEVER UPDATE AGAIN.

• Ramesh BabuRamesh Babu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Man it has been more than an year to enable tabs... Please fire the idot who removed tabs ... list of last of las accessed pages on the top with tab was useful .... Bring back the tabs

• ChristaChrista commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I hate the tabs on the side. I prefer tabs on top. Please give me the option.

• User AcceptanceUser Acceptance commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Move the tabs back to top before users move out of onenote. Disgusting change and painfully slow response by the development team.

• Discontent UserDiscontent User commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft, great job on messing up such a great product with another "innovative" update. The person(s) deciding this should spanked for making such a horrible change. I would like for the tabs to be back on top and the classic layout to be an option to revert to.

I hope someone ruins one of the applications you utilize most! I also hope the developers that made this change hit their desks as they are leaving their work areas, get Charlie Horses, and they limp for a couple of steps post making contact.

For the love of god... how many comments do you guys need to get here before you give us an OPTION to put the TABS BACK ON TOP??

Can you please get that your marketing department made a mistake by providing a "universal uniform user interface"

Section tabs back on top!

My tabs necessarily have long titles. Having them in this side pane obscures so much text compared to having the section tabs run across the screen like they used to. And, as many others have mentioned, there is so much real estate taken up by this current view. Just heaps of space that isn't doing anything.

• SeanSean commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

On the top please. I am new to this program and really don't find it friendly in this format ... now, how do I get it to the tabs on top view?

We've made our voices very clear in terms of this feature. Please return the ability to place tabs along top of window before you lose more customers. Are you guys mute, daft, or just plain apathetic?

• JoJo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please put the option in to be able to put the section tabs back at the top of the screen - the space wasted at the side makes it so difficult to work on more than one application on screen at a time.

• Jeff KingstonJeff Kingston commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please put the tabs along the top. OneNote on iOS is terrible. The interface take up way to much space now instead of space FOR TAKING NOTES!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 29 30

Feedback and Knowledge Base