How can we improve OneNote for Mac?

Leaving (or option to leave) the section tabs at the top on the page instead of on the side

Of the new experimental features is the sections tabs moving to the side of the page instead of displaying at the top. This kills screen space as it takes a huge chunk or horizontal space for people who work with two windows side by side. If the feature is coming, please leave an option to revert back to displaying these tabs at the top of the notebook.

231 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Pedro GomezPedro Gomez shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

125 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • JonneJonne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Indeed, one of nice things I like about One note is the section tabs at the top of the page. Please make it possible to choose where you want the section tabs. I was very surprised and not amused with this update. SO PLEASE CHANGE THE SECTIONTABS back to the top of the page.

• brandibrandi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

AT LEAST HAVE THE DECENCY TO GIVE US, THE PEOLE WHO PAY FOR YOUR PRODUCT, THE OPTION TO CHOOSE HOW WE WANT OUR LAYOUT! I HATE THE NEW LOOK!! THE TABS WERE A LOT BETTER ON TOP THE PAGE. PLEASE EITHER CHANGE IT BACK TO THE TOP, OR MAKE IT SO WE CAN CHOOSE.

• LMSLMS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please bring back the old format. The new one is terrible.

• Peter ZavalettaPeter Zavaletta commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can we move the tabs to the right side of the page, like a spiral notebook, instead of the left where it is now?

• Kevin WilsonKevin Wilson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What happened to innumerable requests to leave section tabs at the top and the page list to the left, as on a PC. Is someone playing funny buggers to force the new look on us because it supports pen devices?

• NN commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

TABS ON THE TOP! New layout takes up too much space and is hard to navigate. It blows.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Make it configurable. I'd like to see tabs on the right - where they would be on a three ring binder.

Been using OneNote since version 1 because of it's awesome interface. Please don't move my tabs and pages around!!!! Also, let me pin the notebook list on a Mac like I do on Windows. Thanks!!!

• BobBob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please RETURN THE TABS!!!!! It helps organize my notes and saves space.

Thank You!

• HannaHanna commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Tabs at the top saves space. It also saves time/effort clicking back and forth to view the left hand menu on a laptop screen (i.e. not enough room on screen to have that panel always viewable). Also, the tabs at the top are more like tabs in a physical notebook, which makes it more user friendly.

• Jason OtribinJason Otribin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just got the update and cannot find a way to put tabs back to the top. Using time machine to revert back.

• DennisDennis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this new interface SUCKS. I want to go back to the way it was with the tabs across the top. I HATE this....

Keep the old tabs on top look please. The new layout takes up far too much space.

• Wendi BrantWendi Brant commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Tabs at top please. That was the view I was attracted to in the iTunes App Store. If that is no longer a feature you need to update that photo. Misleading as hell. I would love for you to change it back or, as others have suggested, give an option. Thank you.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base