How can we improve OneNote for Mac?

Leaving (or option to leave) the section tabs at the top on the page instead of on the side

Of the new experimental features is the sections tabs moving to the side of the page instead of displaying at the top. This kills screen space as it takes a huge chunk or horizontal space for people who work with two windows side by side. If the feature is coming, please leave an option to revert back to displaying these tabs at the top of the notebook.

525 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Pedro GomezPedro Gomez shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

383 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • JenniJenni commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Top! I hate that they take up so much room on the side of my screen!!!

• lala commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

支持分区导航回到顶部!至少给我们用户这个选项。
        谢谢!

不知道开发人员能不能看到这么多人的建议啊?像是石沉大海一般。

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very poor design.. Section tabs at the side results in way too much wasted space. Please at least leave the option to use the previous much more efficient layout. Thank you.

• Dennis IngramDennis Ingram commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In support of the tab location - why, Microsoft, why? It's bad enough Mac and iOS are the poor cousins to the Windows version, but why make them more difficult to use?

I got this app when I saw my co-worker had it. The MAIN thing I loved about it was the clean way the tabs were on top. This is disappointing - please give the option to choose.

I got this app when I saw my co-worker had it. The MAIN thing I loved about it was the clean way the tabs were on top. This is disappointing - please give the option to choose.

I am trying Evernote now. It is much better than Onenote. I guess it's the time to change from Onenote to Evernote now.

Bye bye, Onenote!!!! Although I have been using you for 4 years now. But now you changed, I have to leave you.

Please put the tabs back on top. Makes it much easier to see all your projects and navigate between them quickly with one touch instead of two. At least provide the option. The side tabs are very inconvenient!

• MichelleMichelle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there a way to move the tabs back to the top. They moved to the left and it's really hard to look at. I don't have time to mess around with this.

• fjjfjj commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really liked the tabs at the top also. I agree with others, if there is a compelling enough reason for some to have them at the side could you make it an option? I'm visually oriented or something and tabs at the side not only take up valuable space but is uncomfortable to look at. Thanks for listening...

• Casper ReiningaCasper Reininga commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please allow to revert back to Classic Tab view! Really gave new design a try, but I really mis it and would agree with ergonomically comments below. Thanks, Casper

← Previous 1 3 4 5 19 20

Feedback and Knowledge Base