How can we improve OneNote for Mac?

Leaving (or option to leave) the section tabs at the top on the page instead of on the side

Of the new experimental features is the sections tabs moving to the side of the page instead of displaying at the top. This kills screen space as it takes a huge chunk or horizontal space for people who work with two windows side by side. If the feature is coming, please leave an option to revert back to displaying these tabs at the top of the notebook.

920 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Pedro Gomez shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

649 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please give the notebook sections at the top back. MS please do not ruin the customer experience.

• CC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It si such more easy to move between tabs with the keyboard... 10 times faster than going to selecting a section!!!!

I thought I was going crazy...I kept thinking "this doesn't look right". Please make the tabs horizontal!!

• Drew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Huge deal breaker. I've used, loved, and recommended OneNote for seven years. I even taught several college classes helping students learn to use this tool––but if you don't fix this, Microsoft, I'm leaving. And it looks like almost everyone in this thread feels the same. Why would you do this?

• JU commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please give the option to have the section tabs horizontally across the top!!

• Bruce Kratz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The tabs and pages should be setup to match the metaphor they are representing. Tabs being the top of folder tabs in a file cabinet - which is the way they were before. It is killing the screen real-estate. Hate the new layout. Thanks

• Doug commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I do not like the navigation panes on the left side. Please leave the option for right side or top

• Amber Morgan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This update is terrible. Please allow all users MAC and PC to change it back to tabs on the top

OMG - the tabs on the side is not useful. On my 13" Macbook half of the screen is empty with the navigational tabs - this is very unnecessary. Please change it and give us back the tabs on the top!

• Saad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The new look is not helpful, especially when have a small monitor. If the purpose of the update just to bring consistency across the OneNote platforms, you will be losing many of your old users. I've been using the new update for a long time, and still can't stand it.

We NEED the option to leave the section tabs at the top.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 32 33

Feedback and Knowledge Base