How can we improve OneNote for Mac?

Leaving (or option to leave) the section tabs at the top on the page instead of on the side

Of the new experimental features is the sections tabs moving to the side of the page instead of displaying at the top. This kills screen space as it takes a huge chunk or horizontal space for people who work with two windows side by side. If the feature is coming, please leave an option to revert back to displaying these tabs at the top of the notebook.

703 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Pedro GomezPedro Gomez shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

508 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • stazerastazera commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please have the sections tab on the top and pages on the right side, just like how it appears for Windows. Thanks for taking the feedback.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Put the tabs back on the top!!!! Or let the user have the choice. I am overwhelming frustrated with the OneNote 2016 update for Mac. I have PC-using colleagues who have done the 2016 update and are able to keep their tabs at the top. I am wondering if Microsoft is actively trying to anger its Apple users. We are a huge demographic of users. I cannot imagine that they want us to stop using Microsoft products. Keep the usability the same across PC-Apple users, PLEASE!!!!!!!!

PLEASE put the tabs back to the top!! That's what distinguishes onenote from other note-taking apps. Why would you take it away???

I beg of thee please put it back. No need to change a good thing. This new UI is not intuitive and wastes space. Coming undone.

• MeredithMeredith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

AT THE TOP. The left is a huge waste of space and is so much harder to navigate!!!!!!!!

I have wasted my evening looking at OneNote for MAC online tutorials ALL OF WHICH show tabs across the top! Can this please be addressed.

• SusanSusan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can't stand the new interface. I left Evernote for Onenote, might have to move back. Please make optional.

• Zoe XieZoe Xie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

prefer traditional one.. the latest navigation pane is taking too much space on left side while ppl usually look at, it's a waste of space.

• Liz McKeyLiz McKey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please give us the option to view the tabs across the top. It is more intuitive, like actual files.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 25 26

Feedback and Knowledge Base