How can we improve OneNote for Mac?

Give the option to resize sidebars in the experimental features

It would be great if we could resize the sidebars in the experimental UI. It'd also be great if the users could choose to have the sidebar appear as a bar along the top of the screen in a manner similar to the old UI but with the new look.

50 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Completed  ·  OneNote TeamAdminOneNote Team (Admin, OneNote Team) responded  · 

Thanks for using OneNote and sharing your feedback! I’m happy to report that the latest version of OneNote for Mac, which was released yesterday, includes the option to resize or hide the navigation panes. Simply use your mouse to drag from the outer edge of any navigation pane to make it bigger or smaller. Or, if you’d like to hide the panes altogether, open the View menu, click on Navigation Panes, and choose the panes you’d like to show or hide.

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

OneNote for Mac just updated and I'm sad to see that the section tabs have been moved from a horizontal to vertical runner. Not only that, but I cannot resize the vertical list of my sections! The problem is further compounded with a continued inability to dock OneNote to the side of my desktop.

I will make do...because I don't have an alternative I like near as much. But, Microsoft, hope you will hear our concerns and give Mac users the requested flexibility in use!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Or give option to select either tab based layout (which if much much better for those with smaller screens who do not have loads of screen space to waste).

Need option to keep old layout if new columned layout is to be included and if new layout is included (as an option) the column widths need to be adjustable.

• MarkMark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Unbelievable that the sidebar columns cannot be resized. All the example images on this site show nice wide columns. Must be the windows versions.

Feedback and Knowledge Base