How can we improve OneNote for Mac?

Mac onenote importer (evernote) not working

Tying out the importer in my mac, as soon as press get started app hangs.

2 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Riyaz Mohammed Ibrahim shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Closed  ·  AdminOneNote Team (User Researcher, OneNote Team) responded  · 

Thank you for reaching out. Make sure Evernote is not running in the background. More detailed help can be found here support.office.com/en-us/article/Import-not..

This site is not a support site so if you need further help, you should engage on this community site where questions are being answered about the converter answers.microsoft.com/en-us/mac/forum

5 comments

Comments are closed
  • Jim Armstrong commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same issue. The importer (v1.0.3) runs, opens Evernote on my Mac, exports all the notes, asks me what I want to import (I leave all selected) then I get prompted to login to my O365 account. That seems to work (it's a work account with 2 factor and it's a little slow but gets there eventually). Then the import starts and I get the "We weren't able to import because..." blank screen. There's a button that takes me to the Windows importer page, which is silly. Is there anyway to manually import notebooks? It seems all the Importer is doing is creating the export files then moving them to my O365 account.

• Amar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It doesn't work for me either. The last window says We weren't able to import your files because.....
    and this blank! This is so absurd!

• Michael Gleason commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Evernote was not running in the background and the same issue was observed. This seems to only affect work or school accounts - it freezes on redirecting...

I have run the importer on a personal account and it works fine. Ultimately, I needed it completed for my work account so I used the Windows tool in a Windows environment to achieve the same. I understand the importer is in Preview state hence I suspected it would not be 100% functional and it was not.

• Michael Gleason commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm experiencing the same issue. The importer tool hangs when I select to sign-in from my Work or School account.

Feedback and Knowledge Base