How can we improve OneNote for Mac?

local storage on Mac

How about giving Mac users the option to locally store their notebooks just like PC users get? If not why do you charge the same for a less feature rich product?

246 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Matt shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It needs to be possible to change ownership of Onenote notebooks to other Onedrive accounts. My friend accidentally set her OneNote (Mac) notebook to sync to a free account. She has been out of sync space for months now, but can't migrate her notebook to the school provided OneDrive account.

Thus, files she needs are stuck on her computer, while the early portion of the notebook is synced in the cloud. If it were possible to migrate the notebook to a different account, she could then sync the rest of it.

OneNote for Mac is pretty terrible, which is too bad because Apple is just going to copy your program and do a much better job for Mac users, which in turn will lose you a large part of your market (students)

I would generally make OneNote Mac more like OneNote windows, but this acute problem needs to be fixed.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am using one drive via O356 subscription, I have uploaded a onenote file which cannot be opened by O365 one note for MAC. Consumer support had passed me to commercial and commercial support gives me links to a 'bot'. Is anyone else getting the run around on this??

• Mark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree!!! I want to be able to use existing notebooks that I keep on a flash drive.

• anon 123 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Won't happen. They already closed the original thread on this. It had thousands of votes so they closed it to hide it from view. It's by far the most requested feature, but they're trying to force mac users to use their cloud service if they want to use one-note. It's the internet-explorer-bundling MS of old come back to life. This sort of thing is why so many of us former windows users switched to macs in the first place. I wish I was wrong, but you'll never see this one happen. It's what makes MS the company that they are.

Feedback and Knowledge Base