How can we improve OneNote for Mac?

Mac: Add support for offline (local) OneNote notebooks

In some cases you do not want or are not allowed to upload your notes to a cloud, therefore you should add offline notebooks to OneNote for Mac.

448 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

M.M.SOV. shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

42 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is ridiculous, why do you want to collect the user data from OneNote too? Why always companies hungry for user's personal data , is this how you make money? in the name of giving the product for free? Ugly

I use Onenote for my study at the university but I am not allowed to use it at my exams if it synchronises. PLEASE make an upgrade where it can be turned to an offline-mode!!

• VB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice if you can create offline notebooks, stored, for example in your local documents folder. Older versions of onenote (on Windows) could do that.

It would be nice if you can create offline notebooks, stored, for example in your local documents folder. Older versions of onenote (on Windows) could do that.

I made the unfortunate decision to install Office 365 on my Mac. I've even paid for a year. Now I realize why I ejected all things Microsoft from my home several years ago. I sat down to learn OneNote on Lynda.com and soom learned that their exercise files must be on the OneDrive server to have any hope of working. So far it looks like they don't. Thanks Microsoft for allowing me to revisit why you are such a horrible company to deal with.

We need the ability to open private, non-shared notebooks in various clients such as Mac and iOS or other mobile devices. Certainly storing data in the cloud should be an OPTION, not a MANDATE. Is the Russian influence really this widespread?

Yea, we have been asking for 3+ years. We KNOW that one of the big features of OneNote is to have out notes available across multiple devices via the cloud, but that does not mean that we want EVERYTHING to be on the cloud! Especially with intermittent syncing issues occurring!

Strange that is it not possible to save my OneNotes locally.
    I will not use it as long as this is not possible.
    GOODYE

• Carl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really enjoy the office version of onenote for windwos. The mac version is getting there, hopefully.

BUT, being able to save locally only is a must have feature for me. This sole design (business?) decision has made an Evernote customer.

• Steve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please give us a way to save OneNote notebooks locally...

Our corp. IT team won't allow OneNote otherwise.

• HSiffrin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have learned today, that OneNote for Mac is only available with online storage. While I can appreciate the free cloud service,I cannot understand why Microsoft wants to force me to move my information away from my private storage, especially since that option is available for the MSWindows version. I have decided to stop using OneNote for that reason.

Probably the only serious let down on OneNote - the interface and UI are great but if my notebook, , which is often very large, fails to back up and my Mac crashes. that's my entire notebook(s) gone. Please fix this.

• Brady commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't understand why there are thousands of mac users begging to be able to use OneNote without OneDrive, and Microsoft is not listening to any of them. My Office subscription is through my university, who did not sign up for OneDrive. My options are either keep the using university account, and I cant use OneNote, or make a new account, just so I can get OneDrive and pay for OneNote all over again. This is ridiculous since Windows users are still able to use OneNote without OneDrive. OneDrive is an amazing option, but we should be given the choice to use it or not. I do not want to use other software. OneNote is what I've always used. But if this isn't changed, I will have no choice but to use another company's software.

I spend much time offline and would like to be able to store and backup my OneNote notebooks locally on my Mac. Already in Windows. Would this be so difficult to add?

Thanks,

Bruce Beron

Dear One note team,
    I am a recent One note for Mac user. Currently there is no option to create a local offline note. I like to be able to store some of sensitive information in a notebook in the local network. It is a major problem for me as I can't use Onenote anymore which I have used since 2007. Please add this feature.

MS ONENOTE TEAM.

MY COMPANY DOES NOT ALLOW ONLINE STORAGE/SYNC. PLEASE PROVIDE FEATURE FOR MAC VERSION JUST LIKE YOU HAVE FOR WINDOWS VERSION. DO NOT FORCE PEOPLE TO SAVE ONLINE. VERY BAD VERY BAD. DON'T BE GOOGLE.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base