How can we improve OneNote for Mac?

Mac: Find Tags and Summarize Tags

add "Find Tags" & "Compile/Summarize All Tags" on the Mac. Very hard to believe that Microsoft does not include it for the Mac, very base feature.

2,880 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Philip Woody shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

499 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • HG commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a desperate need feature! I switch between Mac and Windows and can't use the tags on Mac.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Incredibly disapointing.... I wasted precious time creating notebooks to try the organization structure/layout in one-note, only to find useless search/tag choices on my mac. I pay for office!

Searching by flags is a must-have feature. This thread was started over 2 years ago. Why hasn't this feature been implemented? Without the ability to search for tags, I will have to consider alternative note keeping solutions.

How long is it going to take to get this functionality? Onenote is useless on a mac. Back to evernote I go. Please let me know when you take the time to make your product work for everyone.

I agree this MUST be implemented !
        More people use a Mac for different reasons, let us use those things Microsoft is good at
        URGENT !!!!

Jep... it's really time NOW... desperately looking for a mac update to provide the at least the basic features available in the windows version... if not soon....----> probably Evernote will have to do

• Conor Barry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft you need to provide feature parity across all platforms or you risk loosing market *********** as people will simple move to Evernote.

• Conor Barry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft you need to provide feature parity across all platforms or you risk loosing market *********** as people will simple move to Evernote.

Seriously? I cannot summarise tags or create custom tags - what's the point of storing notes if I can't find the ones that are tagged (even using the provided tags) ????? This is a "BASIC" feature of managing notes.
        You have got to be kidding me!!! Tell me I have missed something - if not - I'm sticking with Evernote.

• Darran commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

100% agree with these comments. You just killed OneNote for me. I was ready to move from Evernote - not any more!

• Eric commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Uninstalling. One of the key features of this product is not available? Unbelievable...

• Matt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I stumbled onto this topic after trying to find a work around for OneNote in Mac lack of ability to sync tasks with Outlook.... it appears OneNote Mac also cannot search and consolidate tasks inside a given notebook. If you use OneNote as designed with different notebooks, sections, pages, etc its impossible to go back and find all of the different tasks you've assigned yourself throughout the day. Its seriously easier to use pen and paper for a To Do list than it is to use OneNote Mac.

Its like the software developers just decided to skip the task functionality for OneNote Mac. Why do you hate Mac users?? The 365 package isnt as valuable if the programs cant interact like they do for PC!!

• David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, find tags please!! N.B., Love OneNote but would then adore it!

• Chris Murr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add the feature. It's not competitive with Evernote without this basic feature. Doesn't seem hard to add to the product.

• Michael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just moved from a PC to Macbook and discovered that I cannot search for tags, particularly my to do list. This is so critical that the tool is unusable to me without it.

And I see that this post is over 4 years old now. I guess it's not a priority.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 24 25

Feedback and Knowledge Base