OneNote for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

We do not troubleshoot bugs on this site. Do not post them here! 
Please visit the OneNote section of the Microsoft Community site or Contact Support for help.
  1. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. OneNote for Mac needs a word count function.

OneNote for Mac needs a word count function. I've been using OneNote for essays, but having to copy text into Word to get a word count is kind of a pain.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Sync Mac iCal with OneNote

I see there is the ability to sync outlook calendar but not iCal. It would be nice for Mac users with no outlook calendar to make notes quickly based off meetings.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow Disabling of the automatic shifting of the screen when typing notes

When typing notes, OneNote will automatically begin shifting the screen with every keystroke I input. It's very distracting when typing notes and creating lists requires me to move my screen back each time.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. search function

similar to microsoft word, allow us to search through all the key terms in the document by clicking a "next" button that will take you there, instead of having to scroll through each page to look for the highlighted term yourself

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Mark Down Support

Pleas add support for the MarkDown format. As a developer this would be a great way for me to store code snippets.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Cornell Notes

In the View tab/Paper Style there should be a Cornell Notes template, with the line on the left side and a moving line at the bottom.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Adjustable colours...

I would like to suggest if you could make the colors adjustable, for example last time my teacher gave us a task to highlight keywords with a certain color and I couldn't find it so I wanted to suggest if you would add a color picker or something. Thank you so much and I want to mention that I absolutely love your app and I use it on a daily basis.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. "Set Proofing Language" for Spell Checking is BROKEN!

The spell checking is done in English US for me.... so I have to select the text and go to: Tools > Set Proofing Language, and then select "English UK". But then when I create a new page or new section of the text, I need to keep changing the spell checker from US to UK English. It's very annoying. We should be able to change the default language for ALL Notebooks, Pages, Subpages and sections.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. line height

Should be able to edit line-height of text - as a designer this is kinda important for me when working

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Strikethrough shortcut/hotkey

I wish command+x would add a strikethrough on the highlighted text. This is how MS Work and Google Docs work.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Convert a page into a section

Sometimes I want to take a page from an existing section and make it its own section. It'd be nice if when you drag a page to the Sections area of the app if there was an option to create a whole new section. Current workaround is to create a new section and then drag the page into that new section.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow the '&' sign (and other symbols) in the names of Sections or Notes

Symbols are currently not valid in the names of Sections or Notes - why? Please build this in. Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Wikilinks or Backlinks

Hi,

I love OneNote. To make it even better, could you think about incorporating backlinks or wikilinks into the OneNote arsenal? Currently there is just option to copy/paste links to sections, notes, etc. However, these links don't update or sync in a live manner as in, if I make changes to the title of a note then the pasted link gets corrupted. We can overcome this problem using wikilinks or backlinks. This will make OneNote an amazing Knowledge base akin a digital brain for all my collected notes. Please consider including this seriously 🙏.

You can look at RoamResearch, Obsidian…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Paper color should not be an aspect of Dark Mode

I should be able to set the UI to dark mode and still work in a page that will look like it will when I print it. In other words: UI <> Document color. You currently restrict paper colors to dark colors if the UI is set to Dark Mode. Ridiculous - no other app that creates documents does this. Open the paper pallet up to any reasonable color, including the ineptly named "no color" white page.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. When a sub-page lot is opened in a notebook, a grey lightness highlighting the pages just in that open page would make it more distinct

When a sub-page lot is opened in a notebook, a grey lightness highlighting the pages just in that open page would make it more distinct, and in turn, help to focus. Currently, all the pages and sub-pages are the same colour (the dark mode on One Note) making a notebook of pages seem rather undifferentiated. If another page with their sub-pages is also open, then it could be a different opacity of grey to distinguish that one too. All unopened pages with sub-pages or pages w/o sub-pages could remain as is, in the just lighter than darkmode colour.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Copy and Paste Section Groups

While I know that there is an option to copy a LINK to a section group, I would prefer a feature where users can copy/paste section groups directly (with their contents). Currently, a user would have to create a new section group, and copy each section individually- which is not ideal.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Tags with set text or highlight colours

I want to be able to create tags like the pre-existing definition tag in OneNote where instead of an icon used to indicate the tag you can have a set text colour and highlight colour. Basically I want to be able to make tags like you could in OneNote 2016 on Windows.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Import PDF Table of Contents as a notebook outline

Usually courses follow a set text, these are generally given as PDF's. I would like to be able to import the table of contents of the PDF as a notebook. For instance:
    File -> New Notebook from PDF, creates the notebook with the name of the PDF. Creates tabs for the relevant Level 1 headings in the table of contents. Creates pages with the relevant Level 2 headings and insert a link to the relevant page in the pdf

Now I will be able to follow and take notes on the relevant sections in the course.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 91 92
  • Don't see your idea?

OneNote for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base