OneNote for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

We do not troubleshoot bugs on this site. Do not post them here! 
Please visit the OneNote section of the Microsoft Community site or Contact Support for help.
  1. Onenote add in for Mac Calendar

In Outlook there is a OneNote add in so that from a dairy entry you can click on the One note icon on the ribbon and the meeting info will be pulled into a new Onenote note.
    Is this possible from mac calendar or Google calendar entries please.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Printing on Mac is a huge problem. Please make it work.

There does not seem to be a way of printing from one note within the boundary's of a sheet of paper. This is a huge issue. Apple's Numbers is a good example of good user control when printing but With OneNote it would bee good if we could just print within the width of the paper.

Thank you

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Display more tags and headings

Currently, the menu bar on the Mac version is giving up quite a bit of horizontal space on large monitors. Using the horizontal space to display tags and headers would be useful. Also, it would be great if there were a way to display the tags and headings in a side menu. When I need to mark up lots of notes at once, having ready access would speed things up.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Icon and functionality right from Mac Menu Bar

I think it will be ideal to instead of opening Onenote and letting it sit at the dock, have the option to have it sit in the Mac Menu Bar where one could immediately click on it and choose whatever one wishes to do. In a fast pace work environment, that helps a lot. I would actually leave Evernote if Onenote has that option and not having to open it all the way from Launchpad any time I wish to work in Onenote... and I am constantly working with Onenote. That will be very handy and technically advantageous.

For me,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Fix online OneNote Notebook Importer tool for Mac users

The OneNote Notebook Importer tool (link at: https://support.office.com/en-ie/article/export-and-import-onenote-notebooks-a4b60da5-8f33-464e-b1ba-b95ce540f309) does NOT WORK on an update Mac (OS 10.14.5) and OneNote (16.27). Notebooks can be exported by following the advice on this page, but the exported notebooks cannot be imported (directly) back into a Mac. After much difficulty (MS phone advisers!) and some assistance (some responses to questions on MS Community), I have found that is only possible to import the exported Notebooks on a Windows PC. It doesn't work on a Mac, despite what is said on MS guidance page (link above, which needs to be corrected and currently wrong…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Fix High battery consume in MacBook

It starts working fine but after a couple hours it starts consuming 40 times the normal usage, and ends my battery in less than 40 minutes, it's making me stop using it, please fix it (I use a MacBook Pro 2017

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. searching for more than one word is not efficient..

in case of searching for a phrase...it gives isolated instances of either words alone which is useless...
    for ex- if I search for "abdominal cavity" , instead of giving the exact instance it gives all results for abdomen alone and cavity alone...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. no auto correction is working despite activating it on setting...also please add text suggestion...fn+f5 /f5 alone is not working in one not

no auto correction is working despite activating it on setting...also please add text suggestion...fn+f5 /f5 alone is not working in one not

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Ability to avoid creation of "Untitled Page" each time a new section is created

Currently each time I create a new section OneNote creates an empty page with the title "Untitled Page". This is quite annoying especially while reworking my notebook's structure where I create a lot of sections and drag existing notes to them.

Deleting such notes is a hassle and on the other hand creating a note manually is just a single click.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. You tried. You failed. It happens. Now bring back Notebook in Word.

The Notebook template in Word 2011, with it's ruled lines mimicking an actual notebook, was far more user friendly than OneNote. You could write out a to-do list with check boxes next to them and then drag them up and down the lines to whatever order of priority you wanted. Why would you eliminate that? I get that you want to give your younger engineers' ideas a chance, but not every swing will produce a hit. You're doubling down on a strikeout here. Forget OneNote and bring back Word Notebook.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Ability to print

The current Mac version which I have paid for via my 365 subscription effectively makes printing impossible - this is quite ridiculous and would not pass a programming 101 university course - please rectify so that the page setup can correctly display on a page.

This is not up to the standard befitting a great company like Microsoft.

I know you can do better.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add people assignments to "To Do" items

Add a field for a name assignment next to each To Do item. I'd like to be able to see a list of all items I need to speak to an individual about when I see that person without having to search. As an added bonus. allow me to add due dates to items so I can see all To Do items due today or tomorrow separately.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Go Back (back button and/or keyboard shortcut)

I would appreciate this as a button or a shortcut - I tend to group my notes by topic, but sometimes the notes I need are in a different place altogether such that I need to use the FIND function (thank you so much for making that able to search across all notebooks). Once I get to the place with the notes I need, I would like an easy way to get back to where I was before

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Horizontal scrolling and Page Separation

Hi,

In Goodnotes, there is a possibility of viewing all your pages in a thumbnail mode and going to a particular page as per convenience. Also you can create a new page and horizontally scroll just like a physical notebook.

Can this feature be added in Microsoft OneNote?

I have been using OneNote for a while but i really miss the feature of horizontal scrolling and viewing all your pages at once in thumbnail mode. What do you guys think?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Custom template: OneNote for Mac and iPad

I would like to make a custom template based-off a Cornell style note format. Could you add a feature that can delineating columns with shading?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Why the **** do my keyboard short cuts stop working in onenote periodically?

the short cuts for cut, copy, paste, undo etc just randomly stop working in onenote all the time, what is up with that?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Save as PDF - PDF version standard

Export/Save as PDF should use the same PDF version standard across all Microsoft products for example version 1.7 regardless if using Mac, Windows, iOS, Android, or Microsoft Online and regardless of using the option use Microsoft online service to generate the PDF or using the local service.
    This consistency is critical to having a consistent and supported cross platform user experience with PDFs being used or printed which were created by Microsoft products.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. sidecar

Add sidecar, the next OSX feature

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)