OneNote for Android

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. code block formatting

I'm a developer and I'm constantly finding snippets of code that would be useful in the future. I was wondering if there is an in-app formatting option for code-blocks like Evernote has? This is very annoying:

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. inline

Keep pictures/drawings inline with text... Basically, when you add text the text below moves down with each enter. But when drawing something, for example, drawing an arrow to a specific line of text then you add text above the original text with the arrow the origninal text moves down but the arrow does not. Any drawing does not move with the flow.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Widget to display entire note

Would be awesome to have a widget similar to that of Google Keep that lets you display an entire note on your homescreen (e. g. a to-do list).
    Lacking this feature prevents me from switching to OneNote completely.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. add next/previous instance buttons in search/find on page

what's the point of a digital note taking software if it doesn't have the proper search/find on page function?
    onenote for android will highlight everything you search, but will only navigate to the first instance of the word you search. there is absolutely no way to jump to the next instance/word. this has made this software useless.
    i imported everything from evernote to onenote before finding out this defect. guess I have to stick to the evernote.
    please fix this! it is such a basic function and not that hard to implement!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. S-Pen button

The S pen (EJ-PT820BSEGWW) already have support in Onenote, but i would love if it was possible to also use the button on it for erasing.

I am able to do that on both my Surface Pro and Surface Book 2 with their original pens and a Wacom stylus and would love to have this function added for the S-Pen aswell since i use the Tab S3 at university for notes.

100 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Keep option to disable pressure sensitivity on android. Its irritating for taking notes

Keep option to disable pressure sensitivity on android. Its irritating for taking notes

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Dark Mode NOW!

Come on people let's send this query to them because it's so necessary and all other important Note Apps have it. But yes, Microsoft aaalways slower. Too big seems they can't handle.

Please give us Dark Mode for our eyes.

Thanks!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Have the Android app open for OneNote when a OneNote link is used from another app.

When I was using Evernote, I was able to copy the link to any note and past it in an event in Google Calendar. When I saw the event on my phone, I was able to click the link in the notes area and the mobile app for Evernote would open. The Notion app does this too. It's only OneNote that doesn't. Why?! Whenever I click OneNote's note links, it opens a web page in my browser where I have to log in. Please - have OneNote for Android open on mobile when links to notes in OneNote are used…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Bug: Pasting to MS Office Apps not working since upgrade to Android 10

Since upgrading to Android 10, pasting to Microsoft Office apps on my Google Pixel 2 XL is not working.

Example 1: I open a Gmail PDF attachment, selected all on page 1 then copied text. Pasted on Excel just fine. Did the same for page 2, but it's still pasting page 1 on Excel. If I paste on a different app (e.g. Viber, default messenger app), page 2 is pasted

Example 2: I copied a link from Chrome to OneNote. Nothing gets pasted. If I paste in a different app (e.g. default messenger app, LinkedIn), the link gets pasted.

Example…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. left hand

Currently using one note as an android app on my pixelbook, and loving it accept for one occurrence which I believe is due to the fact I am left handed. When ever I try and write something near the left hand side of my screen my palm triggers some short cut to swap to another screen. I would really love to use this app but with out a lefty mode to prevent those shortcuts from happening the app is just not usable.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Ability to turn OneNote file into a Office document easily from OneNote.

Ability to turn OneNote file into a Office document easily from OneNote.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Galaxy Tab S4 - S Pen Usability Issue When Highlighting Text

OneNote for Android has a basic usability issue when you highlight text using Samsung’s S Pen on the Galaxy Tab S4.

If you use the S Pen to highlight a word, you cannot drag the handles to highlight words either side of the selected word using the S Pen.

To select words either side of the highlighted word, you must use your finger or another non-S Pen stylus to move the handles to the desired location.

In contrast, Word for Android allows you to move the handles with the S Pen.

Can you please include this basic functionality to OneNote…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Option to turn off pressure sensitivity of pens in Onenote

I have just started using Onenote for Windows (the new one) and Android.

I want to turn off the pressure sensitivity of my s-pen (Samsung Galaxy Tab S4) and my Windows pen so that when I write the letters are of uniform thickness.

With pressure sensitivity on, the notes look very distracting.
    This was not a problem on Onenote 2016 and other Android apps that I have used (Squid).

Thank you!

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Remember last used notebook and section in clipper

I often save several web pages to the same part of a notebook. Each time I have to start with my default notebook and navigate from there.

Why not add the option to remember the last location where something was saved as the default location? It would save me quite a lot of time.

Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Improve Search Functionality on Android

Dear onenote team and community, I beg you to vote on this suggestion,

As I see it, there are two tenants of a virtual notebook:
    1) Content Creation (often from a laptop or tablet)

2) Content Retrieval (both platforms; but very critical function of a phone, as it is a information consuming device)

In order for android onenote to become a useful app for consuming content it needs to add:

1) search within notebook
    2) search within page (with a next button to take you to the next term)

Currently, android search can only retrieve results from ALL notebooks, and…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow user to choose where to add new pages (top or bottom of page list)

Ipad and Windows versions of OneNote allow users to choose where new pages will be added in the Navigation settings (top of page list; bottom of page list; or below current page). This is missing from the Android version of OneNote.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Feature parity with iOS

Make Android app have feature parity with iOS. It's an absolute disgrace that the Android version has been left in such a weak state. I'm forced to use the Samsung SNote app while I wait for OneNote to support even basic functionality like lasso select and redo actions. This is coming from a very long term supporter and advocate of OneNote on tablet PCs.

177 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. BUG: undo button doesn't work when palm touches the screen

if my palm touches the tablet, the undo button doesn't work anymore, I have to raise the palm and only then tapping the undo icon works.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

OneNote for Android

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base