OneNote for Android

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. App is very slow to start up

The Android app is very slow to start up. Often times you just need to check something and want to get to your notes quickly (or jot down an idea), but the app needs 3-5 seconds to startup even on a faster phone. That is very frustrating many times and counter-productive always.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please include options to insert multiple images in one go (More than 10)

Multiple image insertion in computer as well as in android device. Now we need to insert individually.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. In-app "Send feedback" option should acknowledge feedback was sent

I tried submitting an idea first using the "Send feedback" option in OneNote (in the "..." menu on the screen that lists notebooks) but after doing so nothing happened... no popup acknowledging that I'd sent feedback, no email saying you would look into what I suggested, nothing showing up on this UserVoice so that others could vote for it.

From this I got the feeling that maybe the send feedback option is a black hole. Does it even work at all?

So, I suggest you improve it so that it does acknowledge, somehow, that the feedback was received. Maybe it…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. OneNote support for current generation of amazon Fire Tablets

I don’t understand why Microsoft won’t have OneNote on fire Hd tablets considering their popularity particularly in academia! Totally unacceptable!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Universal user interface as in iOS and windows

I have read a lot of comments about this an it would really be helpful if the User interface becomes universal as in iOS and windows.
    Onenote for Android looks really dull and abandoned
    The tags, text formatting and drawing functions are really basic and turn OneNote into a really bad note taking app. It doesn’t take OneNote into its full potential and that’s a shame for Microsoft
    As a current user I would appreciate if this points are taken in consideration for the development of the app

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Change size of the page

It would be great if I you would add an option to toggle on and off infinite scrolling both diagonally and horizontally and if you could instead use the size of the page you want like A4 or A5. I just want to use one note like I would use normal notebook, (kinda like app bamboo paper).

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. record sound and type at the same time

While I record the sound , I can not write note in the same time.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Hide badge overlay

I like to hide the badge overlay which is distracting and just use the notification bar shortcut to add quick notes.
    (Just like Evernote's notification bar shortcut for simple notes)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Adding more custom pens

I want to be able to add more pens! As of now, I can only have 4 personalized pens. On the Desktop version, I can add many many more (although overall still not as good as the 2016 version). This is a must-have feature for me on the Android version.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. [Feature Request] Let us choose the default section that automatically opens in OneNote app Android

Let us choose either of the 3 sections (Note Books, Search, Sticky Notes) as the default when we open OneNote app on Android.

for example I use OneNote app on Android mainly to stay in sync with my Sticky Notes on my Windows PC so I want to see Sticky Notes section first when I open OneNote app on Android, but it's on the far right side.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. [Feature Request] Selecting multiple StickyNotes in OneNote app on Android is Not possible

Can't select or mark multiple Sticky Notes in OneNote mobile app to delete, share or change their colors at the same time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Sticky Notes with no text and only picture in OneNote app

Sticky Notes created in OneNote app on Android that only contain a picture do not show up on the Windows 10 Sticky Notes app. user must at least add/type one word to the Sticky Note before it can be viewed on desktop.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. import pdf on Android version

It would be great if you could import a pdf in the android version of the app on chromebooks like you can in the online version.

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Create links from images and click them without Ctrl

Right now creating links from images is only supported for Windows, would love to see this option for android as well, image links are ignored at the moment.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Lasso and change ink stroke and color

It would be incredibly nice if I could lasso something that's already written and change the ink stroke or color. That would save me a TON of time when I realize that I want my ink in another color!

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Better font formatting for Android phones

Things like the ability to choose the type of font, and font size are crucial if you want to take notes properly. OneNote already has the ability to support these given that if I were to paste text from another source, OneNote is perfectly capable of showing the right font selection and font size so why can't the option to choose these myself also be added to the app? Even if you can't add the extensive customisation of Word, a simple option to choose between 3-4 different heading styles that many other apps already do with ease using markup would…

56 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add font styles and headers

This idea has already been posted, but the dumb Microsoft employ marked it as "complete" and cited an update completely different from the problem.

The ability to change text styles, such as to create headers, is a basic, essential, and EASY TO MAKE feature in note apps. It has been done in Google docs for a very long time. It should have been in this app years ago. YEARS AGO. Please add it.

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add basic geometric shapes. Lines, Circles, rectangles. Nothing fancy, just ... shapes

Its impossible to draw a perfect circle, but computers are amazing at it. Shapes please!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Straight lines and basic shapes

Graphing would be so much easier if this was possible. Having to graph on a line that looks like anything but a straight line isn't easy.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Ink to text Galaxy S4 Tab

Add the functionality for Ink-to-Text in OneNote for Android Tablets. Not everyone has, or wants, to own a Surface and this feature would be delightful for those of us who use tablets for note taking with customers. The Samsung Galaxy S4 Tab is an excellent device with a lot of capabilities, but the OneNote version for Android is seriously lacking in capabilities like Ink-to-Text

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

OneNote for Android

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base