OneNote for Android

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Allow user to choose where to add new pages (top or bottom of page list)

Ipad and Windows versions of OneNote allow users to choose where new pages will be added in the Navigation settings (top of page list; bottom of page list; or below current page). This is missing from the Android version of OneNote.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please give the capability to convert ink to text on Onenote for Android. This is very useful especially in the Mathematics classroom.

Please give the capability to convert ink to text on Onenote for Android. This is very useful especially in the Mathematics classroom.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Automatically remove empty note if exited

I click "add" in order to summarize, but finally I have nothing to write and I exit the note. The not is saved empty and with no title. There is no point to those notes.
    I would like them to be automatically removed or at least have a cleanup option.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. OneNote for Wear OS

OneNote for Wear OS is available but it crashes right after you open it. Looks like the last Wear OS update broke it. Fix?

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Dark Mode NOW!

Come on people let's send this query to them because it's so necessary and all other important Note Apps have it. But yes, Microsoft aaalways slower. Too big seems they can't handle.

Please give us Dark Mode for our eyes.

Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Recent View - Way to return to parent section

When opening items from Recent View there is no way to display the book structure and so it is impossible to go to a parent page from a recent page. This means you have to find the notebook and open it that way to get the structure

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Chinese font on the mobile phone is abnormal!

OneNote for Android has a problem for a long time:
    I set the Chinese default font XX on the computer version of OneNote, so now the first few Chinese characters entered on the mobile version of OneNote are the default font XX, and then suddenly changed to Microsoft Yahoo font. This is simply ridiculous! !
    Many Chinese users have the same problem, but OneNote has not fixed this bug, never.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Notebook List navigation bug regression

The OneNote for Android "new icon" release contains the Notebook List navigation bug. This was fixed previously during this year.

The Notebook list will change the list focus to the last accessed notebook when synchronizing each notebook. This impacts a user's ability to navigate the notebook list when the number of notebooks require scrolling.

Videos documenting the issue within Android Emulator.
    https://youtu.be/zU1gePCrm3w
    https://youtu.be/OdvbqoSTzwc

The issue is reproducible on any Android hardware device.

This has been reported in the Android Google+ group before it was shutdown.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Sticky notes for ordering tasks and priorities/memos, notebook for notes and plans

Would be nice if sticky notes could have more colors like the onenote sections, and you could give them a label, and reorder the sticky notes by priority within a label

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Full screen to draw or read

I would like there to be a full screen mode to draw like the one on the windows 10 app, with a single bar with all the drawing tools, gaining the space of the bar where there are the section name and the home keys, insert, draw, view.

Also I would also like a full-screen mode with a single bar like the one described above to read the notes where for example the keyboard is not opened when you touch the screen.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Include find tags function

Please add find tags function to Android. So often, I want to remind myself of the tasks I have created at work but am unable to do so without accessing a PC. It would be such a shame to have to go to another provider and use their apps to be able to do this when I am happy with OneNote in every other respect.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. onenote android app search function

Dear Community,

I'm using onenote very active and it's a great tool. Nevertheless there is one thing I would like to have improved on onenote Android app.

I'm collecting contact data in onenote, from email, from telephone , from anywhere, just as a quick container to get all new contact details in one place.

So my notes can have hundred of lines. If I'm going to search in onenote on my computer, cursor will jump to the matching text strings.

If I search on my mobile phone Samsung S7 edge, I only get the pages, where the text string is…

61 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Unsynchronized notes are completely lost after logging out and logging back in on Android

When synchronization is lost (don't know why), the user needs to log out and log back in. But the unsynchronized NEW notes are completely lost. PLEASE fix this !!

First, the synchronization should synchronize the notes in BI-direction and overwrite a file only when it is a newer version by comparing the dates and times. It is NOT acceptable to just copy the online notes to the phone and erase everything else on the phone. That is just a ridiculous design!!

Second, the deleted notes on the phone by user and those erased notes by the app itself should be…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Let OneNote work in slow / not working wifi

OneNote keeps on "loading notes" if on slow / not workiing wifi.

See https://pasteboard.co/I88AEXr.png ( i couldn't upload the pic directly here, why not?).

As long as OneNote hasn't synced using wifi it should work as if it would be offline.

At the moment, slow / not working wifi will prevent you from using onenote. That's a problem. Please fix this.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Improve Search Functionality on Android

Dear onenote team and community, I beg you to vote on this suggestion,

As I see it, there are two tenants of a virtual notebook:
    1) Content Creation (often from a laptop or tablet)

2) Content Retrieval (both platforms; but very critical function of a phone, as it is a information consuming device)

In order for android onenote to become a useful app for consuming content it needs to add:

1) search within notebook
    2) search within page (with a next button to take you to the next term)

Currently, android search can only retrieve results from ALL notebooks, and…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Full functions from OneNote desktop to mobile and window 10

Please add full functions OneNote desktop for example tag, customize font/color font/font size, customize page/section, highlight ect. to mobile Android/iOS and OneNote for Windows 10

192 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Ability to Draw (or at least View) Ink Effects

I would like to be able to draw/write in the same inks that I have in the UWP version - rainbow, gold, etc. If I can't WRITE in all the inks, I still expect them to SHOW on the screen in the ink that I used in the Windows app version. Everything is just graphics, so it should APPEAR the same on all versions.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Navigation Panes improve

First of all I would like to have the possibility to adjust the width of the columns of notebooks, sections and pages as I like on the windows 10 app.

Furthermore it is essential to have the possibility to choose whether to show the sections or pages permanently.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. More text editing features

Hello, I think the android app is missing features on text edition, such as text font and size, styles (heading 1, heading 2...). These are available on PC edition and are very useful to organise and hierarchize ideas. Thanks in advance !

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20.  If I'm going to search in onenote on my computer, cursor will jump to the matching text strings. If I search on my mobile phone Samsung

If I'm going to search in onenote on my computer, cursor will jump to the matching text strings.

If I search on my mobile phone Samsung S7 edge, I only get the pages, where the text string is matching, but I do not get the result on the page.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

OneNote for Android

Feedback and Knowledge Base