OneNote for Android

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Zoom for android

Please include a Zoom in and out function.
    I have an S6 and I want to shrink Onenote so I can see the whole note on my screen. Currently it is just huge and can only see a small section of the page. So I want to be able to shrink Onenote to fit my screen

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Undo button for drawing

I have seen undo suggestions by people that accidentally delete stuff and have no means to get it back. If you don't add this please add an undo for drawing mode.

Drawing on a tablet in a digital format can suck, lets say you accidentally draw one line on top of a drawing. Time to erase, oops both lines were erased, time to redraw the original. It just makes no sense and is cumbersome. Please add undo

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Zooming (DPI?) on Android phones vs tablets

I wish for the ability to zoom out more on Android phones. Currently on my Android phones, I can only see part of my lecture slides and notes on my OneNote notebook even when I zoom out to the max. However, when I view the same notebook on my Android tablets, I can zoom out all the way and see all of my lecture slides and notes. I've already tried it on the Samsung Galaxy Note 4, LG G3 and Nexus 6 to no avail. There is no advantage to having a "phablet" since the app isn't maximizing the screen…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Better Share-to OneNote

I want a few options here. Keep the current share to. Add a "Share to specific notebook / page". Add "Share to last selected page".

The last case is most important: I often do research on my tablet, and it would be very nice to *not* have to concatenate every single clipping and shared link. It would also be nice to annotate and edit the about to be shared data, without switching to the app.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. The app is awesome but still missing some features.

I am using both pc and android app for about 2 months.i use mostly the drawing part for documenting my classes.

-the first thing which is bothering me a lot is there is no undo key!not in typing tab nor in the drawing tab.

-the second one is there is no save as button on the app!
    it would be better is there was a save button separate from syncing!

-there is no selection tool,resize,cut,paste or copy in draw tab.some times its needed to resize or copy the drawn object in documentation!

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Make the android experience faster and smoother

I'm grateful that OneNote exists for Android, but as it stands now, it is nowhere near as fast in booting and navigating as for example Google Keep. Part of this is slow syncing in the beginning, but there is an overall sluggishness as well. Any efforts to optimize the android experience would be highly appreciated.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Right to left Language support for Android app

Hi one note developer,

Please fix the Right to left languages support, in your android app !!!! check this (votes to fix the problem that did not appear at earlier versions)

https://goo.gl/98Z1Q0

I like this app a lot, but this is a real problem. we cant read Arabic or Hebrew text at all

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Ability to take multiple photos and upload the whole group when complete, instead of having to approve each photo individually.

It is a problem that you can only take one picture at a time with camera. Each photo requires your approval before it is saved. Add the ability to take multiple shots at one time. Evernote has this feature.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Don't remain running in the background unnecessarily

OneNote for Android currently forces itself to stay running in the background using on average 22MB of RAM. That isn't very much but if the app doesn't need to be running all the time it would be better if it didn't. Looks like it is because it leaves a Service called ONMSyncNotificationRemovalService running all the time. Perhaps it is just a simple case of a developer forgetting to call stopSelf or stopService when it has completed its task that requires it to remain running in the background.

The Android SDK documentation calls leaving a service (app) running unnecessarily "one of…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow users to minimize the ribbon in the Android version of OneNote

While the ribbon is useful, it would be optimal to allow us to minimize it when it is not needed, such as for long periods of text entry. I like to have my onscreen keyboard be fairly large, and with the size of the keyboard and the ribbon, the actual screen space of what I'm entering is quite small. It would be much easier if the ribbon could be minimized that way there would be more screen space for your text entry.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Please make OneNote available in more countries

It's not possible to install the application through Google Play because "This item cannot be installed in your device's country."

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. [BUG] OneNote for Android auto-scrolls to top after touch-input on slide past #40 (printed page)

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_mobile-onenote/onenote-for-android-is-scrolling-to-the-top/c3573cc3-111a-4bdf-a281-308c95951216?page=1&msgId=7624eee2-247b-40cc-b3d1-6afdda4c75b8

Device 1:
    Tablet
    Nvidia Shield Tablet
    Android 5.0.1 Stock
    Device 2:
    Phone
    SM-G900A
    Android 4.4.2 custom ROM
    I'm having a strange issue with my OneNote pages. Normally, I use my finger to tap in order to bring up the cursor to start inputting text. However, I have noticed that on any page consisting of multiple slides imported from powerpoint presentations, it will not let me tap to input text after the 39th page. When I tap an area beyond some invisible horizontal threshold occurring around the 39th slide, it automatically places the cursor at the top of the entire…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add Link to Text in Android/iOS

Especially for the Android Tablets and iOS (mobile). It would be nice if we could insert hyperlinks on text so we can record references to online materials. This would benefit students who take research notes on their tablets using OneNote on the go without needing to use the desktop app.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Synchronisation with OneNote files anywhere

Many people store their datas on a private NAS. This is possible with OneNote 2013, why not with Android version?

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I need onenote for Android and I am in Egypt and it is not listed as available in google play

Onenote for Android is not available in google play for my country, Egypt, we need it and unfortunately I couldn't find any promised plan for rolling it out to us any soon… .please make it available for all users worldwide.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Highlighting

On Windows, there is a method of highlighting in Microsoft Word, where the highlighter button can be clicked on with no text selected, so that the mouse cursor can then highlight text merely by selecting it. Such simple highlighting functionality would work wonders in the OneNote app for Android.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Long time OneNote user now has Galaxy Note 4. Need to know how to connect the stylus button to the eraser

Connecting the stylus button to the eraser is a much faster way to make corrections than going to the stylus bar to switch back and forth between inking and erasing. How do we make this work?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Galaxy Note 4 poor image quality.

I thought I had the perfect product for project estimating until I noticed that the pictures I was taking in One Note were very low resolution compared to what my Galaxy Note 4 will normally take. I need to take pictures of wiring diagrams and see detail when zoomed in but if the pictures can't maintain resolution than this product is useless to me. Please help

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. attachments android

Allow android the capability of attaching files. This would make moving to one note easier

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Create Nook HD+ patch

The OneNote app use to work with my Nook HD+, now the current version is not compatible with my device. I use onenote or I used Onenote daily.

Help, bring back oneNote the nook Hd+.

The software verses have always worked with the Nook until the current upgrade for Android 4.1.

The nook runs a nook software version of android currently nook 2.2.0 . I have checked and I have the most up to date verison nook has. Could ya' ll just patch the app to work with my device . Please :-)

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

OneNote for Android

Feedback and Knowledge Base