OneNote for Android

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. code block formatting

I'm a developer and I'm constantly finding snippets of code that would be useful in the future. I was wondering if there is an in-app formatting option for code-blocks like Evernote has? This is very annoying:

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. App is very slow to start up

The Android app is very slow to start up. Often times you just need to check something and want to get to your notes quickly (or jot down an idea), but the app needs 3-5 seconds to startup even on a faster phone. That is very frustrating many times and counter-productive always.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Keep option to disable pressure sensitivity on android. Its irritating for taking notes

Keep option to disable pressure sensitivity on android. Its irritating for taking notes

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Alternative cloud storage/ sync location options

On the Android app you should consider offering individuals their choice of note storage location for syncing. Not everyone uses OneDrive so it would be beneficial to be able to choose other options e.g. Dropbox, box, mega sync etc etc etc based on existing workplace/ individual sync location policies or practice. Most of these provide a local sync folder and any one note file can be placed there for syncing. People like options....just a thought

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Galaxy Tab S4 - S Pen Usability Issue When Highlighting Text

OneNote for Android has a basic usability issue when you highlight text using Samsung’s S Pen on the Galaxy Tab S4.

If you use the S Pen to highlight a word, you cannot drag the handles to highlight words either side of the selected word using the S Pen.

To select words either side of the highlighted word, you must use your finger or another non-S Pen stylus to move the handles to the desired location.

In contrast, Word for Android allows you to move the handles with the S Pen.

Can you please include this basic functionality to OneNote…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Page size on Screen

I have just started using One note on Laptop and on My tablet. I am mainly using for University.

One Feature that would help would be to be able to set a page size to write and on the infinite page you would have the lines where that size of page would stop so you stop writing .

this would aid the printing of the notes. even though when printing from my laptop the software cuts the notes into A4 a few lines get cut .

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Compartir blogs desde el celular

Buenas Tardes,

seria muy importante que desde el app de onenote se pudieran compartir blogs.

Gracias

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Please include "ink to text" feature ASAP

Please include "ink to text feature" for android especially for android tablets.... ASAP

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Have the Android app open for OneNote when a OneNote link is used from another app.

When I was using Evernote, I was able to copy the link to any note and past it in an event in Google Calendar. When I saw the event on my phone, I was able to click the link in the notes area and the mobile app for Evernote would open. The Notion app does this too. It's only OneNote that doesn't. Why?! Whenever I click OneNote's note links, it opens a web page in my browser where I have to log in. Please - have OneNote for Android open on mobile when links to notes in OneNote are used…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Option to turn off pressure sensitivity of pens in Onenote

I have just started using Onenote for Windows (the new one) and Android.

I want to turn off the pressure sensitivity of my s-pen (Samsung Galaxy Tab S4) and my Windows pen so that when I write the letters are of uniform thickness.

With pressure sensitivity on, the notes look very distracting.
    This was not a problem on Onenote 2016 and other Android apps that I have used (Squid).

Thank you!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Drag and Drop fro android devices

All new Android devices (And I think mostly all of the old ones) are supporting drag and drop feature and running two apps simultaneously. Especially for note taking app to support drag and drop feature is crucial. We have bigger and bigger screens and as well new tablets. And easiest way hove to insert anything to note is to drag and drop it to note. If I need selected images, videos or even texts.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Easiest improvement: minimally add ONE more highlighter (if you're not going to work on anything else more for colors/pens/highlighters)

ADD A PINK HIGHLIGHTER. Why pink? So that we can at least highlight in 5 different colors: Yellow, Blue, Green (highlighting blue over yellow gives green), Pink, Orange (highlighting pink over yellow gives orange)!!!!! So, give us a pink highlighter!!! This would be very very very very greatly appreciated because it's one small change you could do for the android version and it would make a difference.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Ability to handwrite on sticky notes

On the Samsung Note, you cannot write on sticky notes using the S-Pen. Please make this a thing!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. left hand

Currently using one note as an android app on my pixelbook, and loving it accept for one occurrence which I believe is due to the fact I am left handed. When ever I try and write something near the left hand side of my screen my palm triggers some short cut to swap to another screen. I would really love to use this app but with out a lefty mode to prevent those shortcuts from happening the app is just not usable.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Automatically open last edited page

On other OneNote clients the last page edited opens automatically on startup. On Android this was the same until an update changed it to "recent pages". From a workflow perspective it would be great to have the choice in the settings to either open the last edited page or go to the recent page overview

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Somebody help!

I ******* all over my phone and now onenote looks brown. How do I undo?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Undo button for Sticky Notes

I believe that both OneNote and Sticky Notes have an undo button on iOS, but on Android only OneNote has an undo button.
    Having an undo button for Sticky Notes as well would be very helpful.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. OneNote keep crashing on android!

I have reinstalled it several times, it keeps on crashing the second after i launch it and a pop-up saying "OneNote keep stopping". Please help in fixing it. I have my troubleshooting steps non was of any use. Please help!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

OneNote for Android

Feedback and Knowledge Base