OneNote for Android

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Galaxy Tab S4 Palm Rejection

Whenever I use my S-pen on the Tab S4 to take notes on OneNote there's dots or stripes on the screen where my palm touches it. In the samsung notes app there's the option to 'just use the S-pen', or on other apps the palm rejection works almost completely flawlessly. It's just the Onenote app that doesn't have any of these options. I wish there was better palm rejection on the OneNote app too.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. OneNote使用整体上还比较好,但就是长文本进行体系化整体的时候,变得非常难受。可以加标题,但就是不同自动生成目录。现在方便的方法,就是通过第三方插件,可是隐私安全根本没有办法得到保证,而且还要花钱买。 既然第三方开发者都能开发出来,需求的确存在,微软为什么官方还不开发?哪怕

OneNote使用整体上还比较好,但就是长文本进行体系化整体的时候,变得非常难受。可以加标题,但就是不同自动生成目录。现在方便的方法,就是通过第三方插件,可是隐私安全根本没有办法得到保证,而且还要花钱买。

既然第三方开发者都能开发出来,需求的确存在,微软为什么官方还不开发?哪怕付费都有人使用的功能,为什么微软不开发?这点难以理解,你们不是重视客户需求吗?

请问什么时候才能够重视这个需求,并将产品打造的更好用一些?哪怕付费也可以啊。

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Full screen writing mode. I would like all the purple header to disappear so i have more room to write and read.

Full screen writing mode. I would like all the purple header to disappear so i have more room to write and read

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Night Mode / Dark pages

I'm using one note on a Tab S4 for school sometimes for 6+ hours a day. Adding a night mode would make the app easier on the eyes, save A LOT of battery life, and help stop screen burn in on oled devices. Also it looks really good.

Currently I'm using an add-on on the desktop app which let's me use dark pages which I can then sync allowing me to use it on my mobile app but I have to do that every time i want to create a new page on my tablet which is kind of a…

187 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Link to onenote pages in android and Microsoft store apps

In the windows version one may add a crosslink to another onenote page. Would love to be able to do that in the onenote store app and Android app too. Pls.

I have to use the store app for work, and often use Android app on the go, and really miss this function in these app versions. I am a teacher and we plan our units in onenote so linking pages to one another is vital.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Make this compatable with more versions of android

No reason that this shouldn't work with a tablet just a year old. List what tablets or versions of android do work with this.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Make it like iOS

I have always wondered why does OneNote on iOS looks like a proper app while it looks like so outdated on Android. It even lacks important settings and options on the Android. I read somewhere that Microsoft will make it better when they make Android phones so it's a political thing. Perhaps Google is not paying much to Microsoft so they do not feel like they should make a proper app... or better, they make an ugly app to spite Google. How can developers look at the same app on iOS and Android and not see how badly designed the…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. handwriting to text on OneNote for Android

Get handwriting to text for OneNote in Android just like in the Windows version. Otherwise, what is the point? I want my Android Notes to transfer to text that I can access on my Windows machine (or elsewhere) later. That is why I would get OneNote on my android device.

300 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. The Android version is bad!

Having used the desktop and iOS versions of OneNote... I could not help but notice how BAD the Android version was.... It seemed kinda anemic compared to the iOS app which looks organised and updated and have many settings to choose from while the Android version is just less than basic. Frankly in 2020 having a major app behaving this way is unacceptable even if it's a free app. Microsoft needs to think of a major overhaul for the Android app

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Lot of features left!!! Update soon please!!

Hello OneNote team,
    I dont´n want to repeat what others say but PLEASE, include all the features missing in the android version that the windows version have. They are great an very necessary in the android version. If not, i woul consider changing to another platform, but i was comfortable with OneNote until i saw the enormous variety of colours and fuction that it has in the windows version.
    Please update!!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Smaller Title Bars

Can you please shrink the gigantic title bars on Onenote? they are hardly necessary, and take up valuable screen real estate on tablets

Thanks

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add 2 iOS functions. 1. Thumbnails if the note has an image. 2. YouTube videos embedded

Add thumbnails of the images like you did in iOS version.
    And allow to see YouTube videos from Android.
    These 2 functionalities have been in iOS OneNote since 2016 and are not yet available in Android. We feel like 2nd class citizens. https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/onenote-online-video-embed-update/

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. We just want fairness and a decent app

• no shifting of hand-written parts after releasing the pen

• more than two highlighter options

• a ruler or any way of making straight lines

• option to choose the paper format

• the option to hand-draw shapes and make the program recognize them as such so it automatically perfects them

• less crashing

• thank you very much

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Scan notes receipts business cards qr codes in android OneNote to a page to and back outlook notes

Notes a page in OneNote or Outlook notes in a contact linked from either ties together the functionality of each. Particularly phone locating email attachment transmitting calendar coordinating data development thus efficient business growth

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Lock page scroll to prevent page moving while writing with stylus (Pixelbook Pen)

Is it possible to lock a page while writing?

I'm using a Google Pixel Slate / Google Pixelbook Pen. When writing notes with the pen, palm rejection does not seem to work. The page scrolls left / right / up / down and I cannot hold the page in place. Is there a way to limit page movement?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. One note voice recorder

Im currently using Microsoft surface pro and notice that one note has a voice recorder. I used it but it seems like its not working when your writing notes while its recording voice. My classmate showed me an app with this feature called evernote. Would later one note will have same features for note taking?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Put some money and ambition in the OneNote Project

Looking at the competition, OneNote is sorely needing some love. I use the Android version and it isn't as user friendly as smaller developers' apps. For example, there are several versions on PC and they are not compatible with the latest version. Moreover, the latest versions are so stripped down as to be just enough to get by. Like the Sketch functionality is not really up to scratch. It's like drawing on the back of a napkin. No straight lines or shapes are available. And no grid functionality. There is no handwriting functionality worth the name either in the Android…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Print out looks blur in mobile app

Print out looks fine in onenote for windows and onenote 2016 but same is look blur in mobile.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. searching tags

Please add the functionality to search for tags like in OneNote for windows.
    I would be able search for all the question tags by typing "question" (with quotes) in the search bar.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. writings with Galaxy S-pen moves slightly on Android

i believe that so many people raised same inconvenience already.

when i write with Galaxy S-pen on Android Onenote, the writings moves slightly.

when will you fix this problem.

there is no such problem on same Android office(Word,Excel). onlly Onenote has the problem.

i cannot help but believe MS doesn't want to solve it intentionally.

finally, i had used all Onenote version - Window, iOS, Android.

Android version is most suck, everybody knows.

it would be greatly appreciated to clear this inconvenience.

thank you.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

OneNote for Android

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base