OneNote for Android

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Quick access to or seperate app for sticky notes

You guys NEED an easy way to access sticky notes on Android, whether it's a shortcut to that section in OneNote similar to accessing the calendar with Outlook or a separate app. I (and I've seen others) keep using Google Keep as it's a lot quicker for quick notes as opposed to OneNote.

Thanks!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. please allow multi page selection in android versions same like IOS while moving them

please allow multi page selection in android versions same like IOS while moving of shifting to another notebook

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Collapsible Section Groups Android App

I have seen multiple "ideas" for this but nothing has been done for over a year. Can Andriod users please have working collapsible section groups on the android app? We use this at work across ipads/phones, windows computers, and andriod phones. It would be more helpful for this functionality be the same across all platforms

124 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Find on Page function needs a NEXT button added to the Search bar so that we can jump to each occurrence of the search term

In OneNote for Android, I like the "Find on Page" function that highlights all the matching words on that page. The problem is that many of my pages are quite long. There needs to be a "next" button on the search bar that moves the cursor to the next occurrence of that word each time I press "next."

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. BUG: Handwritten page titles don't appear

OneNote for Android does not display handwritten page titles. The page appears in the navigation pane as "Untitled page."

This is true for page titles inked on Android. It is also true for page titles inked on iOS and on Windows when viewed on Android devices.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Why No "Set Image as a background" feature in Android Ver.?

Please add the key feature "Set Image as a background" in Android Ver." for Android ver. Onenote! Ios ver. has it. Without this feature, it's unable to type texts on the picture.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Urgent improvements: simultaneous recording with note-taking & colouring options

Microsoft apps should be, as promoted, multi-platform. Not asking huge improvements on functionality, but at least not as bad as this for Android. Am willing to pay if you reach to a point where improvements need to be monetised. This is so frustrating painful for Surface+Android users!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Sticky Notes widget

It's great to have sticky notes on my mobile, but it would be even greater to have them on my homescreen, without installing Microsoft launcher (I'll never leave Nova).

80 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Lock page scroll to prevent page moving while writing with stylus (Pixelbook Pen)

Is it possible to lock a page while writing?

I'm using a Google Pixel Slate / Google Pixelbook Pen. When writing notes with the pen, palm rejection does not seem to work. The page scrolls left / right / up / down and I cannot hold the page in place. Is there a way to limit page movement?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Re-think your "container paradigm"! Use tagged organization!

Back in the beginning of computer era the "container paradigm" used to dominate the way data was organized. Everything had to be saved as a file and organized in folders and those folders in other folders and then logical drives and so on. That was just a digital copy of how the world was organized before computers were invented. We just transferred the data organization methods on paper into our digital devices.
    Pretty early the idea of databases came out and storing and finding big amounts of records could be done using them more and more efficiently, but for the…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Paper Size

Please give us the possibility to write with A4 markers (at least). To make printing easier.
    Without this, the application is hardly usable by the students.

Thank you,

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add the “Insert or Remove Extra Space” feature that is available on the windows and ipad version

Add the “Insert or Remove Extra Space” feature that is available on the windows and ipad version
    I like to insert my PowerPoints for lecture but I need more space in between the slides

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Have a multi note selection tool

To be able to select multiple notes for moving to a different notebook or section.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Link to onenote pages in android and Microsoft store apps

In the windows version one may add a crosslink to another onenote page. Would love to be able to do that in the onenote store app and Android app too. Pls.

I have to use the store app for work, and often use Android app on the go, and really miss this function in these app versions. I am a teacher and we plan our units in onenote so linking pages to one another is vital.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Make it like iOS

I have always wondered why does OneNote on iOS looks like a proper app while it looks like so outdated on Android. It even lacks important settings and options on the Android. I read somewhere that Microsoft will make it better when they make Android phones so it's a political thing. Perhaps Google is not paying much to Microsoft so they do not feel like they should make a proper app... or better, they make an ugly app to spite Google. How can developers look at the same app on iOS and Android and not see how badly designed the…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Ability to change fonts

Why does OneNote on Android not have the font choices that are present in Word for Android? I really hate the default font and it's not as clear as monospace or serif fonts. While writing a long content, reviewing the default font becomes quite stressful.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. multiple windows

we should be able to view multiple one note windows at once like we can in the desktop version.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Dictation for Android

Adding the dictation feature from PC app to Android app or the ability to convert audio file note to text. Either option to include the ability to save both audio file and text simultaneously.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 123.hp.com/envy5055 | HP Envy 5055 Printer setup & Install

• At first, perform some basic troubleshooting steps like checking for the connection between the computer and the HP printer.
    • After that try to restart the HP Envy printer by turning it off, disconnecting the power cord and linking it back after some time.
    • Secondly, you can try updating the HP Envy printer driver from 123.hp.com/setup 5055.
    • Thirdly, you can set the HP Envy printer as the default one.
    • And for, access the control panel by pressing the Windows + R keys together.
    If you have any queries on 123.hp.com/setup5055 setup, you can call our specialized…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. When the Search field is blank, OneNote should display Recent Pages since that would be more useful than an empty search page

There are 3 buttons on the bottom of the Android app, "Notebooks", "Search", and "Sticky Notes." When a user taps on "Search", besides the Search Bar, a blank (wasted) page is displayed. My suggestion is that Recent Pages are displayed until the user begins to type search criteria. I'll bet that most of the time the user will see the page that he wants among the Recent Pages without even having to type search criteria. Nonetheless, typing a search term would immediately clear the page and display the results. Now, that's smart!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

OneNote for Android

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base