OneNote for Android

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Make Android version of OneNote similar to Windows 10 version

The OneNote app for Android is horrible in comparison to the Windows 10 version. I am an engineering student and I have used the Windows 10 version and absolutely loved it. However, I recently started using a Samsung Tab S3 and I have realized the Android version is absolutely terrible compared to the Windows 10 version. The following are my reasons:

1. The button on the S Pen is not able to be used as an eraser which, when having to take quick notes, is an inconvenience.

2. The pen options are absolutely laughable, there is plenty of space to…

485 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

33 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Collapsible Section Groups Android App

I have seen multiple "ideas" for this but nothing has been done for over a year. Can Andriod users please have working collapsible section groups on the android app? We use this at work across ipads/phones, windows computers, and andriod phones. It would be more helpful for this functionality be the same across all platforms

70 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bug: pen strokes moves after releasing the pen from the screen

There is a problem when using the pen, I have seen it in the galaxy tab s3 and now in Huawei Mate 20 X.

When writing with the pen, the stroke moves like a millimeter up. So writing notes with the pen is a terrible experience. While the pen is down the stroke follows the tip of the pen without problems, but after releasing the pen from the screen, the written strokes move up.

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Please include "ink to text" feature ASAP

Please include "ink to text feature" for android especially for android tablets.... ASAP

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Auto-width view mode

Onenote differs from most note managers by writing on several blocks of text on an infinite canvas, instead of a single block of text. This has advantages, especially on large screens, but it makes reading on the mobile a horrible experience.
    It would be good if from mobile apps we can switch to reading mode, which adjusts the text block to the device width and the font size is what is adjusted when zooming (not the text block).

Regarding those pages where the user has several blocks of text in different places on the canvas, I can think of two…

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add the ability to create new Sections and Subsections like in Windows.

I have been using OneNote on my Windows computer since 2013. I created a Daily Journal notebook and each year I create a new Year section (2013, 2014,...), 12 new Month subsections (Jan, Feb,...) and daily pages for that month.

Now I want to use my OneNote Daily Journal on my Android 8.0. I can create new Month subsections and Daily pages, but I can't create new Year sections.

This is a major omission. Please add this functionality in the Android app.

118 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Sticky Notes widget

It's great to have sticky notes on my mobile, but it would be even greater to have them on my homescreen, without installing Microsoft launcher (I'll never leave Nova).

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Why is the android version of OneNote so watered down?

For any religious user of Onenote on Windows, the contrast in functionality between the Windows version and the android version is just painful. Simple things like page size formatting (i.e. setting paper size preference - A3, A4, Letter size, Tabloid size etc) are not available on the Android app. These things matter when you want to print out your notes. It is super frustrating to have handwritten notes that randomly spill over onto the next page when you are trying to print out notes that were taken on the android version because you have no ability to limit the page…

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Night Mode / Dark pages

I'm using one note on a Tab S4 for school sometimes for 6+ hours a day. Adding a night mode would make the app easier on the eyes, save A LOT of battery life, and help stop screen burn in on oled devices. Also it looks really good.

Currently I'm using an add-on on the desktop app which let's me use dark pages which I can then sync allowing me to use it on my mobile app but I have to do that every time i want to create a new page on my tablet which is kind of a…

144 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Bring Night mode, Full screen mode, auto shapes, table inserting, reading and editing modes.

Bring Night mode, Full screen mode, auto shapes, table inserting, reading and editing modes.

Auto shape means when we try to draw a circle it would automatically make that, or when we try to make a line it automatically does that.

Bring Reading mode - so that scroll doesn't open keyboard. It is annoying!! And it also start scrolling horizontally, which deteriorates the mood of notes revision.

For editing bring editing mode.

Formula inserting option, from calculus etc.

Give option of paste as plain text. So that when copying from web it doesn't copy unnecessary hyperlinks or formatting.

Thanks

52 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Remove the Ink Shifting

Hi, I'm using Galaxy Tab S4 and I'm facing an issue. Whenever I write the ink shifts slightly and sometimes a lot. It is clearly noticeable. Please guide me what to do.

I'm using app version : 16.0.11929.20126 (which is the latest as of this date)

Updated on: Aug 18, 2019

FunFact: This issue does not happen when I use the older version of OneNote i.e. of January 2017 (yes that old) but that version has a lag in handwriting and also not as smooth as the newer ones. But yeah that does not have this ink shifting issue.

Here…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Ink to shape

Need the ink to shape feature like ipad please

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. handwriting to text on OneNote for Android

Get handwriting to text for OneNote in Android just like in the Windows version. Otherwise, what is the point? I want my Android Notes to transfer to text that I can access on my Windows machine (or elsewhere) later. That is why I would get OneNote on my android device.

240 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Page size + Print setting for onenote android app

It would be really great to have the same features in the Samsung Galaxy S4 tab version of the OneNote app as that of the OneNote 365 app.

The features I find the most useful are -

1. Page size option -
    Many times, I would like to take print of my assignments on an A4 page, to be able to submit them.
    Either printing the notes on an actual page or a pdf version, without the page size option on the tab, I don't know where to stop writing, where the page ends.

2. Print option -
    I would…

97 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Galaxy Tab S4 Palm Rejection

Whenever I use my S-pen on the Tab S4 to take notes on OneNote there's dots or stripes on the screen where my palm touches it. In the samsung notes app there's the option to 'just use the S-pen', or on other apps the palm rejection works almost completely flawlessly. It's just the Onenote app that doesn't have any of these options. I wish there was better palm rejection on the OneNote app too.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Include more of the features that are available on PC.

Include more of the features that are available on PC. For example figures, customizable pen colors, or the abaility to insert tables.

213 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Full screen writing mode. I would like all the purple header to disappear so i have more room to write and read.

Full screen writing mode. I would like all the purple header to disappear so i have more room to write and read

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. OneNote Android Missing Key Features [Oct-2019]

OneNote on Android is in desperate need of an update!

Well, the tablet version at least.

It's lacking so many features that the Windows and iOS/iPadOS have built-in. I recently bought a Samsung Tab S6, it would be great if the Android developers of this Microsoft product spend some time in this space. This is the best Android tablet in a long time, it would be great to see some of the basic features added such as:

Insert toolbar missing features
    - An insert table button !!!
    - Symbols
    - Math

Draw toolbar missing features
    - Maths!!! draw to text…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add the “Insert or Remove Extra Space” feature that is available on the windows and ipad version

Add the “Insert or Remove Extra Space” feature that is available on the windows and ipad version
    I like to insert my PowerPoints for lecture but I need more space in between the slides

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Make android tablet onenote apps as GREAT as Ipad!

There are alot need of improvement for android tablet devices. When IOS get a great onenote apps for theirs ipad, why cant microsoft to make a onenote apps for android tablets thats as great as IOS? im currently using the Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 and i found out that the onenote apps sucks on many perspective:

1. The name of the notebook didnt sync correctly as the one on my Windows 10 laptop.

2. The drawing pen on the "draw" tab. There's only few selection of colours and the size of the pen cannot be selected equally to the other…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 40 41
  • Don't see your idea?

OneNote for Android

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base