OneNote for Android

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How can we improve OneNote for Android?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Audio recording and note taking

The ability to record my lecturer and take notes at the same time would be fantastic.
    Currently if I record the audio them it locks out the whole app so that recording is the only thing I can do, making a fantastic feature totally useless.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Feature parity with iOS

Make Android app have feature parity with iOS. It's an absolute disgrace that the Android version has been left in such a weak state. I'm forced to use the Samsung SNote app while I wait for OneNote to support even basic functionality like lasso select and redo actions. This is coming from a very long term supporter and advocate of OneNote on tablet PCs.

160 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Page size on Screen

I have just started using One note on Laptop and on My tablet. I am mainly using for University.

One Feature that would help would be to be able to set a page size to write and on the infinite page you would have the lines where that size of page would stop so you stop writing .

this would aid the printing of the notes. even though when printing from my laptop the software cuts the notes into A4 a few lines get cut .

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Allow Fullscreen

Distractless fullscreen is important to fully compete with pen and paper.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Chinese font on the mobile phone is abnormal!

OneNote for Android has a problem for a long time:
    I set the Chinese default font XX on the computer version of OneNote, so now the first few Chinese characters entered on the mobile version of OneNote are the default font XX, and then suddenly changed to Microsoft Yahoo font. This is simply ridiculous! !
    Many Chinese users have the same problem, but OneNote has not fixed this bug, never.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add move to SD

I know hundreds/thousands people have probably already sent this to you, but enable "move to SD card" for android. At this point, your application is useless to me because it lacks this feature on my tablet. I have a 128GB SD card sitting there with less than 2% used, in a 32 GB tablet, and can't synch my notebooks even though I have all that empty space, because OneNote insists on using 20-something GBs of my internal storage space. Without SD card functionality your app is straight up garbage for anyone who deals with large amounts of data or multimedia…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Why is the android version of OneNote so watered down?

For any religious user of Onenote on Windows, the contrast in functionality between the Windows version and the android version is just painful. Simple things like page size formatting (i.e. setting paper size preference - A3, A4, Letter size, Tabloid size etc) are not available on the Android app. These things matter when you want to print out your notes. It is super frustrating to have handwritten notes that randomly spill over onto the next page when you are trying to print out notes that were taken on the android version because you have no ability to limit the page…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Straight lines and basic shapes

Graphing would be so much easier if this was possible. Having to graph on a line that looks like anything but a straight line isn't easy.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. left hand

Currently using one note as an android app on my pixelbook, and loving it accept for one occurrence which I believe is due to the fact I am left handed. When ever I try and write something near the left hand side of my screen my palm triggers some short cut to swap to another screen. I would really love to use this app but with out a lefty mode to prevent those shortcuts from happening the app is just not usable.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. onenote android app search function

Dear Community,

I'm using onenote very active and it's a great tool. Nevertheless there is one thing I would like to have improved on onenote Android app.

I'm collecting contact data in onenote, from email, from telephone , from anywhere, just as a quick container to get all new contact details in one place.

So my notes can have hundred of lines. If I'm going to search in onenote on my computer, cursor will jump to the matching text strings.

If I search on my mobile phone Samsung S7 edge, I only get the pages, where the text string is…

58 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Have the Android app open for OneNote when a OneNote link is used from another app.

When I was using Evernote, I was able to copy the link to any note and past it in an event in Google Calendar. When I saw the event on my phone, I was able to click the link in the notes area and the mobile app for Evernote would open. The Notion app does this too. It's only OneNote that doesn't. Why?! Whenever I click OneNote's note links, it opens a web page in my browser where I have to log in. Please - have OneNote for Android open on mobile when links to notes in OneNote are used…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Navigation Panes improve

First of all I would like to have the possibility to adjust the width of the columns of notebooks, sections and pages as I like on the windows 10 app.

Furthermore it is essential to have the possibility to choose whether to show the sections or pages permanently.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Poder cambiar el color de la sección de las notas

No se puede cambiar el color de una sección desde Android

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Ink to text Galaxy S4 Tab

Add the functionality for Ink-to-Text in OneNote for Android Tablets. Not everyone has, or wants, to own a Surface and this feature would be delightful for those of us who use tablets for note taking with customers. The Samsung Galaxy S4 Tab is an excellent device with a lot of capabilities, but the OneNote version for Android is seriously lacking in capabilities like Ink-to-Text

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Update Timestamp to latest edit time.

It should be possible to update the creation timestamp/date that is shown on top of every page. Best would be if the timestamp was showing when page was last updated. Just like in normal Word-documents, we're you have date for last update of document.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Automatically open last edited page

On other OneNote clients the last page edited opens automatically on startup. On Android this was the same until an update changed it to "recent pages". From a workflow perspective it would be great to have the choice in the settings to either open the last edited page or go to the recent page overview

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Full functions from OneNote desktop to mobile and window 10

Please add full functions OneNote desktop for example tag, customize font/color font/font size, customize page/section, highlight ect. to mobile Android/iOS and OneNote for Windows 10

177 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Enable Sticky Note Functionality in the Tablet Interface

The tablet interface for the Android Onenote app is missing the bottom bar that includes search and sticky notes. Please implement the updated Android design from the phone on tablets in some form so we can have both a better design/interface as well as access to new features like sticky notes.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

OneNote for Android

Feedback and Knowledge Base