OneNote for Android

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Android Onenote integration with other MS products (Outlook for Android, To-Do,...)

This goes along with many other requests for the functionality of Android Onenote to be similar to what is available on Windows. Onenote would be much more usable if the integration between other MS products were present.

- Outlook for Android - Take meeting notes and bring the meeting details into the Onenote page
    - To-Do - Tasks created in Onenote populate in To-Do and notes can be created from tasks in To-do

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Create SEARCH WIDGET

We are searching information in notebooks more often than adding new content. Have proposal to create widget for quick searching which can be placed to home screen like "Add note" or "Add photo note".

Also searching feature can be added to quick menu by long tapping on OneNote app shortcut.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. import pdf on Android version

It would be great if you could import a pdf in the android version of the app on chromebooks like you can in the online version.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Better font formatting for Android phones

Things like the ability to choose the type of font, and font size are crucial if you want to take notes properly. OneNote already has the ability to support these given that if I were to paste text from another source, OneNote is perfectly capable of showing the right font selection and font size so why can't the option to choose these myself also be added to the app? Even if you can't add the extensive customisation of Word, a simple option to choose between 3-4 different heading styles that many other apps already do with ease using markup would…

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Lasso and change ink stroke and color

It would be incredibly nice if I could lasso something that's already written and change the ink stroke or color. That would save me a TON of time when I realize that I want my ink in another color!

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Audio recording and note taking

The ability to record my lecturer and take notes at the same time would be fantastic.
    Currently if I record the audio them it locks out the whole app so that recording is the only thing I can do, making a fantastic feature totally useless.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add font styles and headers

This idea has already been posted, but the dumb Microsoft employ marked it as "complete" and cited an update completely different from the problem.

The ability to change text styles, such as to create headers, is a basic, essential, and EASY TO MAKE feature in note apps. It has been done in Google docs for a very long time. It should have been in this app years ago. YEARS AGO. Please add it.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add move to SD

I know hundreds/thousands people have probably already sent this to you, but enable "move to SD card" for android. At this point, your application is useless to me because it lacks this feature on my tablet. I have a 128GB SD card sitting there with less than 2% used, in a 32 GB tablet, and can't synch my notebooks even though I have all that empty space, because OneNote insists on using 20-something GBs of my internal storage space. Without SD card functionality your app is straight up garbage for anyone who deals with large amounts of data or multimedia…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. S-Pen button

The S pen (EJ-PT820BSEGWW) already have support in Onenote, but i would love if it was possible to also use the button on it for erasing.

I am able to do that on both my Surface Pro and Surface Book 2 with their original pens and a Wacom stylus and would love to have this function added for the S-Pen aswell since i use the Tab S3 at university for notes.

95 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Ink to shape

Need the ink to shape feature like ipad please

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow flight mode message to be dismissed

When mobile device is on roam a constant and annoying message that can't be dismissed takes up valuable screen space. This message should either be able to be dismissed, or removed completely.

As a European I constantly use my phone on roam in many countries at no additional cost. This message is redundant in that case.

As a non-US user my mobile network offers me good rates for the rest of the world that do not cost more than I want. Therefore this message is redundant.

At least it should be dismissed, and should be able to be turned off…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Enable Sticky Note Functionality in the Tablet Interface

The tablet interface for the Android Onenote app is missing the bottom bar that includes search and sticky notes. Please implement the updated Android design from the phone on tablets in some form so we can have both a better design/interface as well as access to new features like sticky notes.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Please include "ink to text" feature ASAP

Please include "ink to text feature" for android especially for android tablets.... ASAP

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. add next/previous instance buttons in search/find on page

what's the point of a digital note taking software if it doesn't have the proper search/find on page function?
    onenote for android will highlight everything you search, but will only navigate to the first instance of the word you search. there is absolutely no way to jump to the next instance/word. this has made this software useless.
    i imported everything from evernote to onenote before finding out this defect. guess I have to stick to the evernote.
    please fix this! it is such a basic function and not that hard to implement!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Ink to text Galaxy S4 Tab

Add the functionality for Ink-to-Text in OneNote for Android Tablets. Not everyone has, or wants, to own a Surface and this feature would be delightful for those of us who use tablets for note taking with customers. The Samsung Galaxy S4 Tab is an excellent device with a lot of capabilities, but the OneNote version for Android is seriously lacking in capabilities like Ink-to-Text

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Change size of the page

It would be great if I you would add an option to toggle on and off infinite scrolling both diagonally and horizontally and if you could instead use the size of the page you want like A4 or A5. I just want to use one note like I would use normal notebook, (kinda like app bamboo paper).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Widget to display entire note

Would be awesome to have a widget similar to that of Google Keep that lets you display an entire note on your homescreen (e. g. a to-do list).
    Lacking this feature prevents me from switching to OneNote completely.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Ability to turn OneNote file into a Office document easily from OneNote.

Ability to turn OneNote file into a Office document easily from OneNote.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. BUG: Handwriting and drawing, offsets to the left

On a Samsung Tablet, Tab S4, running Android Pie, and latest version:
    Whenever I draw or write anything using the S-Pen, it always offsets what I've written, each letter at a time, 3-4 milimeters to the left, after I complete the shape by lifting the S-Pen.

This is making it hard to do any precise writing or drawing, and you can't fully predict what you are going to draw.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. BUG: undo button doesn't work when palm touches the screen

if my palm touches the tablet, the undo button doesn't work anymore, I have to raise the palm and only then tapping the undo icon works.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

OneNote for Android

Feedback and Knowledge Base