How can we improve OneNote for Android?

Android: Arabic support inside pages

Hi
their is a weird thing on the Android app , it support Arabic on notebooks and sections list , but don't support Arabic inside the page

here are screenshots to make the problem clear :-
1-here you can see that Arabic letters show normally on the sections names
https://www.dropbox.com/s/oy50nkrnfzyol3h/Screenshot_2014-08-26-20-17-04%20%281%29.png?dl=0

2-here you can see that Arabic is not shown correctly (letters are disjointed )
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3qfm6dl06u1hld4/Screenshot_2014-08-26-20-18-00.png?dl=0

I currently use onenote on my PC and tablet and I love , the lack of support of Arabic on mobile is a big problem since that make me unable to write on the go

please fix it ASAP , and thanks for all the great work you do :-)

685 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Ali shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

115 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have also the same issue, you can write inside the note but in the list it doesn't show the titles!

• MMMMM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

After I found out that OneNote doesn't support Arabic on android and this issue was reported since 2014 I will switch to google keep, I will do the same for my OS and email address I will switch from Microsoft to other alternatives.
    thank you for your support.

• ili commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you for adding RTL support.
    can you add the option to create a new RTL page?
    On PC when you start a new page and switch the keyboard to RTL language the empty page "text box" will flip to RTL text box, but on the Android app I can't do it.

I can workaround this by duplicating a page I created on the PC with RTL text in it but it will be nice if I will be able to create a new page directly from android that have a RTL text box like on PC.

• Mohammed commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not fully support
    When writing a sentence, the words are written from left to right, and I couldn't find any way to align right

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same here from comments it seems better to switch to Google drive as Microsoft seems to have no interest towards Arabic support, it has been mire than 3 years thinks nit that hard but lack of care

• Abdelrahman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I REALLY can see how great "user support" you are
    Thanks for the undistinguishable bug fixing updates
    Keep ignoring

• Yildirim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

2 years after still same problem.. no arabic support on android tablets for OneNote. Still showing all letters disconnected while the windows app works fine.

• Amin Hashemi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I dont know when nobody cares about user voices why we should send you feedbacks?
    Onenote works well on my ios and windows devices but in android...

• Aisha Iftikhar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dear Concerened.
    Hello!
    Good app but No I cannot note in Urdu and Arabic language. It break the words into alphabets when I write in Urdu. Please fix. I dont want to use Google Keep although it lets me write and note in Urdu language.
    Other than Urdu support deficiency, its a first class app.

Thanks
    Earliest response would be appreciated.

• N.oz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really? You have this support on iOS and other ms office apps, why not supporting OneNote also??

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base