How can we improve OneNote for Android?

Better font formatting for Android phones

Things like the ability to choose the type of font, and font size are crucial if you want to take notes properly. OneNote already has the ability to support these given that if I were to paste text from another source, OneNote is perfectly capable of showing the right font selection and font size so why can't the option to choose these myself also be added to the app? Even if you can't add the extensive customisation of Word, a simple option to choose between 3-4 different heading styles that many other apps already do with ease using markup would suffice.

Please add support for more formatting options on Android phones. I know the tablet app already has this option, which makes it all the more frustrating the the phone version doesn't when Android phones are far more prevalent than tablets and, in general, also sport far more powerful processors so it's obviously not a hardware limitation.

20 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Muhammad shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Arky commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

On my Android phone I changed the dpi (after rooting phone) to increase screen space and noticed the OneNote app actually has all the features of the desktop version of onenote mobile (ie, it has tabs, all text font/size/colour features, multiple pen & highlighters, even tables!! WTF...it seems the phone version just eliminates access to those options by changing the UI of the app... unbelievably stupid thing...those features are immensely useful even on the phone! Problem is solved on my old rooted phone, but can't do same on my new phone because rooting the phone voids the warranty...sooooooooo stupid Microsoft!!

Feedback and Knowledge Base