How can we improve OneNote for Android?

Make Android version of OneNote similar to Windows 10 version

The OneNote app for Android is horrible in comparison to the Windows 10 version. I am an engineering student and I have used the Windows 10 version and absolutely loved it. However, I recently started using a Samsung Tab S3 and I have realized the Android version is absolutely terrible compared to the Windows 10 version. The following are my reasons:

1. The button on the S Pen is not able to be used as an eraser which, when having to take quick notes, is an inconvenience.

2. The pen options are absolutely laughable, there is plenty of space to add more pens which should be able to be the same colors as the Windows 10 version.

3. There are only TWO highlighter colors available and this is not acceptable when going through 50+ PowerPoint slides.

4. The only erase option is "full line eraser", there is no "erase piece of line" eraser.

I, and I am sure many other students, would Greatly appreciate making the Android app almost identical, if not completely, to the Windows 10 version. I would hate to stop using the Android app but if necessary I will due to it being too different from the Windows 10 version. I know I have said "version" multiple times but i hope it drives you to change the Android app. Thank you very much and I hope to see a change soon .

140 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jose commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm a paying Office 365 customer and it's a shame that OneNote for android tablets is hot garbage compared to the OneNote 2016 app that I have installed on my desktop.

• pandadipose commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YES! I really want another pen option beyond basic and marker (like fountain pen to make my handwriting look better), a color wheel for pen/marker AND highlighter instead of just 15 basic color options for pen/marker and 2 for highlighter, to control how transparent the highlight is and the size of it tool.

I use onenote for digital planning and scrapbooking, but I really want more tools for Android.

• jinky89 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, I am studying engineering and it is frustrating to use an app with great potentiality that is completely weakened, if it does not improve I will be forced to change applications.

For example, I'm noticing that squid is making great progress and works well on chromebooks as well.

Feedback and Knowledge Base