Make Android version of OneNote similar to Windows 10 version
The OneNote app for Android is horrible in comparison to the Windows 10 version. I am an engineering student and I have used the Windows 10 version and absolutely loved it. However, I recently started using a Samsung Tab S3 and I have realized the Android version is absolutely terrible compared to the Windows 10 version. The following are my reasons:
1. The button on the S Pen is not able to be used as an eraser which, when having to take quick notes, is an inconvenience.
2. The pen options are absolutely laughable, there is plenty of space to add more pens which should be able to be the same colors as the Windows 10 version.
3. There are only TWO highlighter colors available and this is not acceptable when going through 50+ PowerPoint slides.
4. The only erase option is "full line eraser", there is no "erase piece of line" eraser.
I, and I am sure many other students, would Greatly appreciate making the Android app almost identical, if not completely, to the Windows 10 version. I would hate to stop using the Android app but if necessary I will due to it being too different from the Windows 10 version. I know I have said "version" multiple times but i hope it drives you to change the Android app. Thank you very much and I hope to see a change soon .
Livio Kokthi commented
i would add that in the smartphone app is crazy that even in writing mode when you need the full page available you still have a useless white bar in the top that you cant remove and that is there for nothing. in my Galaxy Note 9 i use Squid and Inkredible and thats makes me angry because one note is a far superior service in windows , but the android app sucks.
Just purchased a Galaxy Tab S6 and found that Onenote app is severely lacking important features like ink to text, insert space or add favorite pen types or highlighters. Please update android app as so many people have been requesting, to at least match the iOS app.
On my Galaxy Note 10+ there is only one marker color left. Less instead of more??
raphael schinköth commented
oh and maybe take a look at this MS:
cause it seems to me that the tablet version on android is basically the exact same as on phones.
hence the really severely lacking features. maybe start thinking about TABLET USERS, MS?
raphael schinköth commented
maybe make this app paid. sell it for 30 bucks. use the money to fix the joke of an app that this is RN, it's featureset is like windows UWP app from FOUR ******* YEARS AGO! this is a joke! 4 years of feature imparity, how the actual **** can **** like this happen? do you only have one android developer? Oo
OneNote on Android (tablets) is in desperate need of an update!
It's lacking so many features that the Windows and iOS/iPadOS have built-in. I recently bought a Samsung Tab S6, it would be great if the Android developers of this Microsoft product spend some time in this space. This is the best Android tablet in a long time, it would be great to see some of the basic features added such as:
Insert toolbar missing features
- An insert table button !!!
Draw toolbar missing features
- Maths!!! draw to text equation support
- Ink to shape
Basic S Pen support would be good as well.
Please prioritize development of these features.
mads jørgensen commented
So I actually contacted the OneNote team on Facebook, and this was the reply:
"Hi there! Thanks for reaching out. We understand your concerns and are always looking to improve our product across all devices and operating systems. The suggestions page is the best way to voice your opinion on OneNote and we actively monitor this site to prioritize what product updates to work on. We are actively working to update OneNote for Android, please stay tuned!"
Let's hope it's here soon
This is an issue that I have also been having! I really love onenote for winows and even for apple, as a uni student, this app really helps me but could we PLEASE just get some more highlighter colours and draw to shape! an added colour wheel for pens and highlighters would make this app so much better!
could we please please get at LEAST the ios version for android, its a shame android users are such a big market that you are missing out on!
I love the app and would hate to have to switch to another :(
Really make it like on win 10 you are losing it ******* android !!!!
Joe Newton commented
Please add specifically Handwriting Recognition and Ink to Text.
Reference "handwriting to text on OneNote for Android" post be combined?
mads jørgensen commented
I have been really annoyed by this as well, and completely agree with the comments below. iPads and windows tablets gets nice pens that are more customizable and feels nicer to write with, and it just overall doesn't feel like a good app for taking notes on android, but it is the only one that nicely synchronizes to an account. Please fix this!
But this post is quite old now, and apparently top post on suggestions doesn't mean a lot to windows, so... Hope they'll look in to it now that Samsung is catching up to apple with their galaxy tabs.
Chan Ser Vin commented
OMG, i having the same frustration you having, there are alot need of improvement for android tablet devices. When IOS get a great onenote apps for theirs ipad, why cant microsoft to make a onenote apps for android tablets thats as great as IOS? im currently using the Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 and i found out that the onenote apps sucks on many perspective:
1. The name of the notebook didnt sync correctly as the one on my Windows 10 laptop.
2. The drawing pen on the "draw" tab. There's only few selection of colours and the size of the pen cannot be selected equally to the other pen as ipad has those 5 size to choose from.
3. There's only 2 high lighter WHICH cannot be changed of the colour. There should be a "plus" sign on the end to enable to add pens and highlighters.
4. ON the "View" tab , there's only 2 selection whereas IOS has much more. Under the selection of "paper", i can only choose either rule lines, grid lines and hide lines. i cannot choose the size of those lines which makes me frustrate.
5. There's no way to turn off pressure sensitivity of the stylus.
6. I have to press "Stop" in the "Draw" tab so that i can write something on onenote.
7. Printout cannot be sized together and has to be sized one by one.
8. Add page size option like A4 size so that i can print it out nicely.
9. Android audio recording only 3mins long while IOS is unlimited.
10. Insert space function does not have in android.
11. Ink to shape.
I know that many user would like to have IOS, ipad similar onenote to fully utilise the app.
noushad amir commented
Microsoft has developed apps for every device including Windows PC, Mac,iPhone, Android.
Thank you for sharing this post. Before this post read I don't have an idea that how can we improve OneNote for Android. If you want to know how to Set Up Your Samsung Smart TV To Use MediaStreamer: A Complete Overview .visit.https://helpmeta.blogspot.com/2019/07/how-to-set-up-your-samsung-smart-tv-to.html
Mark Ward commented
Could we get the notebook list fixed. https://youtu.be/zU1gePCrm3w
The list reposition upon notebook sync.
Wesley Jensen commented
Honestly, I don't think this is a very reasonable request, to have the Android version the same as the Windows version because:
1. There is limited screen space on android devices, like smartphones, compared to a desktop PC.
2. Development of Android software is separate from Windows app development, and implementation, testing, etc. take time before features can be released.
You should instead tell them what features are most important that you want them to incorporate.
Paul Martin commented
I totally agree with you. (Except for the spen part. With the tab s4 it worms as an eraser.) Also lines, shapes, subpages, sections and an improved lasso for the spen would be great (currently there are some bugs with it).
Eric Myers commented
On a Chromebook, the OneNote App does not respond normally to the touchpad when trying to select text, or to many standard keyboard shortcuts. The online version does. Come on, Microsoft!
Navigation Panes improve following the latest updates on the desktop, with adjustable column widths and the possibility to decide to fix only the page column.
Jesús García commented
Please, bring drawing capabilities like ios or windows to android, it is absolutely necessary
Please please please add all the capabilities the ios version has (I'd love the microsoft version but I'll settle for ios). I just got the galaxy tab s4 and im so frustrated that microsoft seems to not care about this massive consumer base.