How can we improve OneNote for Android?

onenote android app search function

Dear Community,

I'm using onenote very active and it's a great tool. Nevertheless there is one thing I would like to have improved on onenote Android app.

I'm collecting contact data in onenote, from email, from telephone , from anywhere, just as a quick container to get all new contact details in one place.

So my notes can have hundred of lines. If I'm going to search in onenote on my computer, cursor will jump to the matching text strings.

If I search on my mobile phone Samsung S7 edge, I only get the pages, where the text string is matching, but I do not get the result on the page.

The second point to improve, if it comes to contact data, I would like to have telephone number string as direct link to activate the phone app and prepare for dialing.

Maybe anybody has an idea how to manage this issue, or mayby Microsoft can add this feature in future release.

Thanks and BR

Peter

58 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Vikram Prabhakar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is just unbelievable that OneNote on Android does not have a way to search for specific words. I'm a Windows (PC) and Android (phone) user - and have to rethink One Note as my note taking solution because of this problem. Please fix this already!!

• Brandon Kuenzi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I came to this page looking for this exact problem! PLEASE PLEASE make this a priority. OneNote Android is wonderful in all other regards.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is a must have feature. This seriously making me rethink using One Note on the go.

Feedback and Knowledge Base