How can we improve OneNote for Android?

Feature parity with iOS

Make Android app have feature parity with iOS. It's an absolute disgrace that the Android version has been left in such a weak state. I'm forced to use the Samsung SNote app while I wait for OneNote to support even basic functionality like lasso select and redo actions. This is coming from a very long term supporter and advocate of OneNote on tablet PCs.

159 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

RWX shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • jinky89 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also missing, the possibility of inserting extra writing space recently added on ios

• Amrita Rout commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey RWX. Thanks for your feedback and we are sorry about your experience. We have added Lasso select to OneNote Android. Could you give it a try? Regarding Redo we will evaluate it with the rest of the requests in our backlog and get back to you when we have an update to share. Thanks for your patience.

• Josh N commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

They were talking about having a shared codebase across all platforms. To me that sounds like any differences are very intentional. My surface tablet gets a good deal, my android phone doesn't..

• wattabrownsound commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Here’s some other differences:

-the Home, Insert, Draw and View tabs are centered on a 10.5 inch iPad Pro but on the Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 are spread across the screen.
    -the tabs that go around the words Home, Insert, Draw and View on the iPad Pro fit tightly but on the Samsung tablet have this unnecessary extra space.

Here’s some other differences:

-the To-Do feature is under the Home tab on iOS 11 but under the Insert tab on Android N.
    -the camera icon under the Insert tab on iOS 11 says Camera but on Android N says Pictures.
    -the Tags feature is under the Home tab on iOS 11 but under the Insert tab on Android N.

It says this on a May 18, 2017 blog post: “Having a cohesive user experience across all screens makes it simple for users to jump from one device to the next. With this update, regardless of what device someone is using, the experience will be the same—allowing users to capture thoughts, jot down notes and get things done more quickly.”
    This is not completely true as of March 2018. All you have to do is place an iPad Pro beside a Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 and have OneNote open on both to see the differences.
    Not only are features missing on the Samsung tablet which doesn’t create a consistent user experience but design differences as well. For example, someone who picks up an iPad Pro and uses the Ink to Shape feature cannot pick up the Samsung tablet and expect to pick up where they left off because that feature is not there. Or, someone who uses the eraser on the IPad Pro might be confused why it looks different on the Samsung tablet.
    Can anyone else spot the other design and feature differences?

Feedback and Knowledge Base