How can we improve OneNote for Android?

OneNote on Android: How to remove Warning "connection may charge extra... turn on airplane"

Hi,

Since a few months, i have a Warning on Onenote (always when I use my normal mobile internet): "we noticed the connection you're on may charge extra. To turn off data usage, turn on Arplane mode in Settings".

The Warning civers one third of display (I have Motorolla Motto G4Plus).

The warning disappears when the mobile is connected to wifi.

How can I turn off this warning?

BR

Leon

58 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Leon shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

27 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Kees commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very annoying. In Europe there are no longer extra costs for roaming.

• David Naylor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What's the point of these forums of the requests are ignored by MS. I would also like to get rid of this annoying banner. It's a turn off for using the app.

• Wolfgang Greska commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same problem with size, and the message is definitely wrong. My sync option is set to “wifi only“, I am not using wifi, so no costs should appear if onenote works correctly.

• Svein Ingebrigtsen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dear Microsoft, how can it be that big an issue to disable this message. On a metered connection, typically on vacation and such, OneNote - on of your biggest and most popular apps, becomes nearly unusable. I cannot understand why? And this is not a new problem! First user voice over a year back.

• Der motorang commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The warning eats half of my screen even if I set my sync option to "WIFI only". This is ridiculous!

• Der motorang commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sadly enough over half a year later we are still bothered with that annoying and undismissable message. I use free roaming inside the EU, this is plain ridiculous! Come on ...

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How can I take out this warning? It's really disturbing me... i can't use the app now.

• Martin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A dismissable notice should be sufficient. Please let us remove this message..

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm also getting this problem with a Samsung Galaxy A5 2017. I'm based in the UK but currently away in France, where there's no extra charge for data use. It's a huge nuisance - please, someone, let us get rid of it.

• Gregory commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same here, using Samsung A5 2017 with Android v7.0
        The warning should either be dismissable or it should be possible to stop the app checking the bearer (i.e. WiFi or 3G) via the Settings menu.

• Michael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Another vote for getting the option to dismiss this message.
        My phone thinks it's roaming (it's a Huawei P10). It's not but I live with the R up in my status bar. So I presume that's where OneNote gets the info from. Fair enough.

BUT LET US ACKNOWLEDGE THE WARNING to remove it. It doesn't take 33% of my screen. More like 10% which is still too much.

• SW commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a bug not a feature. Please use the standard swipe to remove the warning; If MS thinks it's worth reminding every time oneNote is open, so be it, but please make the warning simply removed by a left swipe.
        Thanks1

• Derick Campbell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Whomever thought having a OneNote message about data charges cover 1/3 of the screen that CANNOT BE DISMISSED needs to be removed from the product group please. Hang your heads in shame. This message appears even when it is not accurate. Do you want us to switch to EverNote or Google Keep? Come on dev team, get it together.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base