How can we improve OneNote for Android?

Configurable function for Samsung S-Pen's button

The Samsung Tab S3 comes with an stylus called S-Pen which features a button for the thumb. In Samsung's note taking app this can for example be used to switch to the eraser.

It would be a nice feature, if you could configure OneNote to react to this button, for example by cycling through pens (press to go to eraser, press again for the highlighter press again to be back to normal pen), or by acting as certain other pen while you hold the button.

With such a feature, the button would have a meaningful function and so you can work more productively. I think it is important, that if the button has an action then the user is able to quickly reassign that feature since work preferences change, maybe one user needs to highlight things at one day and at another day they are more brainstormy and need to erase things.

284 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Manuel Hoffmann shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

28 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • adnanalkindy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

not happened until this point ! we need to fast erase and/or cycle through the pen

and kindly fix the sync issue new notebooks created on the Android App do not appear in the Windows App even when searching for it

onenote can be a great app pleeeese develop it :)

Shkraaan

• Jonathan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is definitely something that would make OneNote for Android infinitely more useful.

• Yves commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is THAT feature what i'm waiting for. So i can use the smal table as a real notepad with pen.

• Michael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would totally love that add-on feature now that I am getting into using Onenote for all my note taking. I use it with my Galaxy S3 and my Note 8

• Kyle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is my most wanted feature as a student who uses one note constantly. I hope they add it before I finish school.

• Tal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is my only blocker from switching from Samsung apps to OneNote.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any news on this? I just got a S3 and this is the only thing that isn't as good as my heavy Windows tablet.

• Adrian Harding commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Being able to use the button to toggle the eraser would be a really helpful feature and I imagine very easy to implement.

• Rob O'Connell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This must be an easy feature to implement, sure it's probably low on the priority list, but would be nice to sneak it in!
        More generically, a plug-in system where third parties could implement the random features lots of small random groups want.

• Gabriele commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Now that Note8 is available in Microsoft store, adding functionalities to S-Pen makes sense!

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base