OneNote for Android

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Lasso tool for sure!!! I would also appreciate full screen mode for handwriting/drawing.

Lasso tool for sure!!! I would also appreciate full screen mode for handwriting/drawing.

70 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for voting for this suggestion! I’m pleased to announce that we indeed support moving objects such as text and ink around using the lasso tool, which is accessible from the ink icon on the toolbar. In case you aren’t able to see this feature, please update to the latest build from Google Play Store, try out the feature and let us know what you think.

2. Lasso selection to move and resize drawings

I believe iOS already has this feature. We need to be able to lasso a drawing and resize and move it. As it stands, I have to go to my desktop application to do this or just delete what I drew.

96 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for voting for this suggestion! I’m pleased to announce that we indeed support selecting and moving objects such as text and ink around using the lasso tool, which is accessible from the ink icon on the toolbar. In case you aren’t able to see this feature, please update to the latest build from Google Play Store, try out the feature and let us know what you think.

3. Ability to sort notebook manually

In OneNote for windows and OneNote iOS, we can manually sort the notebooks according to what we like.
    For example, in windows, we can just move up and down the notebooks, and they will correspond.
    In iOs version, we can just easily click 'edit' and then re-arrange the position of notebook according to what we liked best.

Why is this important feature not available in android?

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for voting for this suggestion! I’m pleased to announce that we’ve just released a new version of OneNote on Android which includes the ability to reorder pages freely. Update to the latest version through Google Play, try it out, and let us know what you think!

4. Galaxy Note 8 S-Pen integration with OneNote app

Please add all the Draw/Ink and pen features as found in Win10 OneNote to Android app, especially 'Ink to Text'.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. lasso tool

Need Lasso Tool for Android app. This feature is supported on the Ipad app. Please bring to Android!!!!

63 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for voting for this suggestion! I’m pleased to announce that we indeed support moving objects such as text and ink around using the lasso tool, which is accessible from the ink icon on the toolbar. In case you aren’t able to see this feature, please update to the latest build from Google Play Store, try out the feature and let us know what you think.

6. Access to password protected info

I find it amazing I actually need to ask for this as a suggestion
    Add access to password protected notes from android

Often I need to quickly access personal info and I dont have my computer with me

Why this is not implemented already is beyond me

199 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for all your feedback regarding password protected sections in OneNote. This week we released a OneNote build with the ability to open Password Protected sections. Android is definitely a priority for us, and I promise our team is hard at work making OneNote for Android better!

7. Sorting notes in Onenote Android

I have imported around 3k (tagged) notes from Evernote to Onenote and now have one notebook for every tag.
    Documents inside the notebook are listed in random order and there apparently is no way to sort it in any different way.

Not optimal when working with thousands of documents deployed accross many different notebooks, which titles I will obviously will never be able to remember.

I hope this essential (and very basic) feature is only missing from Onenote Android, and that I will be able to address it by ordering my stuff in Onenote desktop and syncing the modification to…

56 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for voting for this suggestion! I’m pleased to announce that we’ve just released a new version of OneNote on Android which includes the ability to reorder pages freely. Update to the latest version through Google Play, try it out, and let us know what you think!

8. Move objects such as text and handwriting box

I saw in the Onenote for iPad that there is already the feature to move text objects and handwriting objects on the iOS platform (lasso select). Please implement this on Android platform too as note takers need the flexibility to move organise notes in each page.

134 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9. 73 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for voting for this suggestion! I’m pleased to announce that we indeed do support undo and redo of actions in OneNote Android. You should be able to see this option on the toolbar for all edits made to the page. In case you don’t see this option, update to the latest version through Google Play, try it out, and let us know what you think!

10. Android: Password protected sections

Vote for this if you want to be able to create and use password protected sections in OneNote for Android, providing added security and privacy for your notes.

1,643 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

358 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Android: Arabic support inside pages

Hi
    their is a weird thing on the Android app , it support Arabic on notebooks and sections list , but don't support Arabic inside the page

here are screenshots to make the problem clear :-
    1-here you can see that Arabic letters show normally on the sections names
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/oy50nkrnfzyol3h/Screenshot_2014-08-26-20-17-04%20%281%29.png?dl=0

2-here you can see that Arabic is not shown correctly (letters are disjointed )
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/3qfm6dl06u1hld4/Screenshot_2014-08-26-20-18-00.png?dl=0

I currently use onenote on my PC and tablet and I love , the lack of support of Arabic on mobile is a big problem since that make me unable to write on the go

684 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

115 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for voting for this suggestion! I’m pleased to announce that we’ve just released a new version of OneNote on Android which has support for RTL languages. Update to the latest version through Google Play Store, try it out, and let us know what you think!

12. Android: Insert PDF documents

Vote for this if you want to be able to insert PDF documents into your notes in order to annotate and/or preserve them in OneNote for Android.

1,075 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

164 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for voting for this suggestion! I’m pleased to announce that we’ve just released a new version of OneNote on Android which includes the ability to insert PDFs and other file attachments to your notes. Update to the latest version through Google Play, try it out, and let us know what you think!

13. Add an "Edit" and an "Undo" button to the Android app.

At present accidentally jabbing the screen puts OneNote into Edit mode. Evernote has an "Edit" button to prevent this.

Once in Edit mode deleting anything, text or picture, is not recoverable. Changes are synced immediately to the web and then to my PC so the original info is lost forever. An Undo button might save the day.

520 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

58 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Selection tools and ability to resize, shape tools, pen tips

I'd like a selection tool so that I can select my handwritten input and move to another place in my note. I'd also like to be able to resize this input or copy/paste it.

Shape tools such as circles, squares and straight lines would be useful as well.

Finally, I'd also like to be able to change my pen tip. For example, a calligraphy pen or a paint brush pen would bee nice.

156 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

15. Fix right to left in android version

In android version, there are some problems in right to left languages like Persian.

212 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

55 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for voting for this suggestion! I’m pleased to announce that we’ve just released a new version of OneNote on Android which has support for RTL languages. Update to the latest version through Google Play Store, try it out, and let us know what you think!

16. share note from the app

To be able to share the note, even if just by email from the android app. I create notes in the app, and maybe I don't have access to my desktop pc to email the note.
    So I want to share this note from my phone. Only way I can see is to copy all the note text and then paste into email. Quite time consuming. A share note to xxxxxx would be very useful.

167 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The Share page feature was shipped to customers last year and is available across all the new builds of Android OneNote since then. A page can be shared as PDF or as text. Options are available in the overflow menu on a page and also on the long press in a list. Please update the app to the latest build from the Google Playstore.

17. Selective Sync for Notebooks/Sections

Can we PLEASE get selective sync?! Oftentimes I want to navigate to a particular section but have to wait for other notebooks to fully sync first. PLEASE allow us to start/stop sync for particular notebooks and sections!

100 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your suggestion! We indeed do support selectively syncing specific notebooks, and this happens for you automatically in case you are navigating to a notebook/section/page which hasn’t synced yet. Selective syncing is accessible from the three-dot menu on the toolbar on your app.

By default, all notebooks which are open on your device are synced at all times to ensure you never wait to access your content. In case you desire to not sync a particular notebook going forward, you could use the “Close Notebook” feature which can be accessed by long-pressing a particular notebook. You can re-open this notebook anytime by using the “More Notebooks” button.

18. font size support on android

My eyes are anything but good. A note taking app which doesn't allow me to set the font size and uses small fonts is quite useless for me. Any plans for supporting font size adjustment on Android?

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Make OneNote available on the Kindle Fire

I have a Kindle Fire and I can not access OneNote with it. The web version is slow and hard to use - please make the app available for Kindles!

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Need to be on-line for using OneNote

OneNote should be available even offline. It should be able to take my notes even when I am not online.

57 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! We indeed support offline usage to take down notes, which will later sync so that they are accessible from anywhere. Happy offline note-taking :)

Do get in touch with us through in-app feedback, accessible from the toolbar in case you face any issues with offline note-taking so that we can effectively diagnose the issue you are facing.

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

OneNote for Android

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base