OneNote for Android

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Ability to create reminders

According to neuroscience, it's important to review notes regularly.Therefore, after creating a note it would strongly help learning capabilities if one could easily set a reminder on a specific interval of days where the note should be reviewed.

67 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bug: pen strokes moves after releasing the pen from the screen

There is a problem when using the pen, I have seen it in the galaxy tab s3 and now in Huawei Mate 20 X.

When writing with the pen, the stroke moves like a millimeter up. So writing notes with the pen is a terrible experience. While the pen is down the stroke follows the tip of the pen without problems, but after releasing the pen from the screen, the written strokes move up.

66 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bring Night mode, Full screen mode, auto shapes, table inserting, reading and editing modes.

Bring Night mode, Full screen mode, auto shapes, table inserting, reading and editing modes.

Auto shape means when we try to draw a circle it would automatically make that, or when we try to make a line it automatically does that.

Bring Reading mode - so that scroll doesn't open keyboard. It is annoying!! And it also start scrolling horizontally, which deteriorates the mood of notes revision.

For editing bring editing mode.

Formula inserting option, from calculus etc.

Give option of paste as plain text. So that when copying from web it doesn't copy unnecessary hyperlinks or formatting.

Thanks

66 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. search

I don't think most users realize that the search tool is pretty much useless on OneNote for Android. It is not sufficient to provide a list of pages with the search-term. Once the user clicks on one of the pages, OneNote does not indicate where on the page the search-term is located! You have to find it manually, yourself. This is almost useless if you have a long page with tons of text. Please provide the ability to quickly scroll down the page to the location of the first instance of the search-term, the next instance of the search-term etc.

66 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Change default start page

Allow users to change the 'default start page' when launching OneNote. By default, it always opens directly to the "Recent notes" page. I would prefer to set my "Quick Notes" section as the default start page.

65 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. A new universal OneNote app with Material Design for android

Will Microsoft make a new universal OneNote app for Android just like you did on iOS this month (July 2015)? Evernote has an awful Windows desktop app, but OneNote's current Android universal app is even worse. Compared to the iOS version, OneNote for android just like an unfinished project.

1. Text format editing tools is hard to use on phone compared to the new office app for android.

2. The auto sync is awful, and the sync process is way to slow. (A lot of people complained about this on Google Play and you android beta community on Google+.) The…

65 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Rename sections

Add the ability to rename sections using OneNote for Android

65 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for voting for this suggestion! I’m pleased to announce that we indeed do support renaming of sections and pages in the app. In order to rename sections, long press a section, and choose “Rename”. In case you don’t see this option, update to the latest version through Google Play, try it out, and let us know what you think!

Renaming notebooks is an ask we have added to our backlog and shall prioritize accordingly. If you desire the ability to rename notebooks as well, please add a new suggestion on UserVoice so that we can prioritize it even sooner!

8. Reminder function

Please consider creating a reminder function for new notes or to do list that we create in oneNote

64 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. OneNote on Android: How to remove Warning "connection may charge extra... turn on airplane"

Hi,

Since a few months, i have a Warning on Onenote (always when I use my normal mobile internet): "we noticed the connection you're on may charge extra. To turn off data usage, turn on Arplane mode in Settings".

The Warning civers one third of display (I have Motorolla Motto G4Plus).

The warning disappears when the mobile is connected to wifi.

How can I turn off this warning?

BR

Leon

63 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. onenote android app search function

Dear Community,

I'm using onenote very active and it's a great tool. Nevertheless there is one thing I would like to have improved on onenote Android app.

I'm collecting contact data in onenote, from email, from telephone , from anywhere, just as a quick container to get all new contact details in one place.

So my notes can have hundred of lines. If I'm going to search in onenote on my computer, cursor will jump to the matching text strings.

If I search on my mobile phone Samsung S7 edge, I only get the pages, where the text string is…

62 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add printing to OneNote for Android

Please add the possibility to print pages/sections from OneNote for Android. Thanks

60 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Ink to text

I am using Onenote on lenovo yoga book, android version. I have noticed that many key features of the windows version do not appear in the android one. In particular, I cannot convert handwritten notes to text, which is very important for me.

Could you please add it? It would be really helpful for educational purposes.

59 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Android: Share and Print just like the other Office Apps

Two major features are missing on the mobile app, Share and Print. Both features are in all the other office apps. Without these two basic options I must keep my Surface at all times.

58 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Please add favourites and a view for recently added notes

Evernote has these capabilities today. There should be a way to access favourite notes (which are like Quick Reference). Also there should be a way to sort notes views, more specifically, a way to customize whether one can see recently added or modified notes on the top. There could be a widget to show just one specific note, similar to 'Add to home screen".

58 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. custom searchable tags

Please add custom tags to the Android app. This would make it so much more usable as a task manager and for multi-topic note taking.

57 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. add all onenote 2016 features to onenote

I use print to onenote 2016 and create Outlook task (synced to office 365) as well as screen clipping and many other features in the 2016 version of onenote. Please bring full suite functionality to the windows 10 / android versions of this application. Also local file stores and backups are a must for me, even if that is through OneDrive Business local shares. I like to print for financial reports for the Board of Directors on paper, then print an exact copy of them to onenote 2016. I can rest assured that what I file in my notebook is…

56 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Optimize management of notebook sections syncronized & storage used

If you open up a couple of notebooks on Android, it rapidly takes up lots of space on the device, and takes ages syncronizing.

I'd like the ability to optionally set certain OneNote notebooks to fully offline vs only available when connected... so that I can have one small fully synchronized notebook for frequent mobile use; but still have access to browse and search my full archive on an occasional basis (without having to sync the whole thing to my phone)

Or - just get smarter about caching stuff that I use often, rather than maintaining a complete copy on…

56 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. PRINT

Users must be able to PRINT from OneNote for Android. Any cheap note taking app has a Print function. An MS app that doesn't PRINT TEXT is absurd and very disappointing!

55 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add the function ink to text to Onenote for Android

I have a pen on my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and I could use the function Ink to text. Now I write something on my telephone, have to use the OneNote application on my PC to convert it to digital text.
    Not so handy

55 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Collapsible Outline Lists

I often outline my notes or ideas using nested bullets instead of free-text paragraphs. Sometimes these lists get really long, and jumping from bullet to bullet on the same level is cumbersome. If I could expand/collapse bullets, I could focus on the right part of a long/deep outline. This would be most useful!

54 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

OneNote for Android

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base