OneNote for Android

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Adding tags other than To-Do to notes

It would be great if OneNote on Android could handle adding and filtering tags other than the standard To-Do tag, such as the Important (Star) tag, Critical tag, Address tag, etc. A nice additional feature would be the ability to add custom tags on the mobile version or at least sync custom tags from the desktop to the mobile version.

131 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add the ability to create new Sections and Subsections like in Windows.

I have been using OneNote on my Windows computer since 2013. I created a Daily Journal notebook and each year I create a new Year section (2013, 2014,...), 12 new Month subsections (Jan, Feb,...) and daily pages for that month.

Now I want to use my OneNote Daily Journal on my Android 8.0. I can create new Month subsections and Daily pages, but I can't create new Year sections.

This is a major omission. Please add this functionality in the Android app.

127 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. sub-pages on OneNote Android app

I Like to use sub-pages to record discussions with different people, and use a master page for each person to record actions or important talking points.

123 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make use of all S-pen features in Samsung

First, thank you very much for this amazing app! While I love it in my Samsung tablet, there is one thing that Samsung Notes has that I miss in OneNote. That is... the amazing selections of colors and brushes that come with a Samsung Tablet that are not available in OneNote for Android. Would it be possible to integrate them? The writing experience in Samsung Notes is far better than OneNote, although in terms of organisation, syncing with computer... OneNote is far superior

114 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Make equations visible or editable on Android, Mobile Windows, and other mobile versions.

It would be really great to be able to at least see the mathematical equations that I write in OneNote on my mobile device. At the moment, all you see is "[equation]" where an equation appears, which is rather useless. If I want to be able to read an equation on Mobile, right now, I have to leave it in plain-text which is unintuitive and less convenient for reading notation.

113 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Android widget: Add a widget that directly shows the content of a page

At now you can just add shortcuts 1x1, or 3x1, but doesn't exist a widget that shows the content of a page, to directly view your notes from the desktop, like with S Note. It would be very useful, to be able to check you notes and lists at a glance. Please, consider this feature!

105 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. filtering by tags

create a way to find your various tags on your Android mobile device, similar to the Find Tags option on the full platform. this would make it easier to find all your To Dos, but also Critical, Important, etc... adding this feature would make the mobile version infinitely more user-friendly and able to use it as an on-the-go task master. as it currently is, not so much.

102 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Page size + Print setting for onenote android app

It would be really great to have the same features in the Samsung Galaxy S4 tab version of the OneNote app as that of the OneNote 365 app.

The features I find the most useful are -

1. Page size option -
    Many times, I would like to take print of my assignments on an A4 page, to be able to submit them.
    Either printing the notes on an actual page or a pdf version, without the page size option on the tab, I don't know where to stop writing, where the page ends.

2. Print option -
    I would…

100 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. S-Pen button

The S pen (EJ-PT820BSEGWW) already have support in Onenote, but i would love if it was possible to also use the button on it for erasing.

I am able to do that on both my Surface Pro and Surface Book 2 with their original pens and a Wacom stylus and would love to have this function added for the S-Pen aswell since i use the Tab S3 at university for notes.

100 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Increase audio recording time to longer than 3 minutes

Audio recording is currently limited to 3 minutes - would like it longer

95 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 85 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Collapsible Section Groups Android App

I have seen multiple "ideas" for this but nothing has been done for over a year. Can Andriod users please have working collapsible section groups on the android app? We use this at work across ipads/phones, windows computers, and andriod phones. It would be more helpful for this functionality be the same across all platforms

84 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Section and section groups like windows

There is huge gap of functionality between windows app and android app. OneNote is cool. In android app there is no way to create a new section group. Also there is no way to fold section groups, as there is in windows app.
    This unavailability of folding of section group makes app very time consuming and cumbersome when there are many section in each section group and you have to scroll through all of them to reach destination section at very last.

84 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add Ink to Text and Ink to Math

it would be great to have ink to text and ink to math in the app, it would help a lot in taking notes in lectures

84 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Make Subpages Collapsable

To make page navigation easier in the Android app, I would like to have the ability to collapse subpages underneath their master page groups

The way it is now, I have pages and subpages neatly collapsed in my Windows client. When I view that same notebook in the Android app, I can see page-subpage relationships, but I cannot collapse pages. So instead of having 10-12 pages to scroll through, I have nearly 100 pages to scroll through to find the one I'm looking for.

84 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 77 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. make the android version the same as the I pad version

Can you just give the android tablet version the same functionality as the I pad pro version has. Plenty of pen settings, marker settings, insert free space, easier insert anything., no need to shut down drawing if you want to insert something.

75 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. please add ability to add a timestamp in all mobile versions of onenote, such as the android and iOS verions.

i use onenote every day at work as an investigator, and i always need to document when i do things, talk to people, etc the moment it happens. this would be far simpler if there is a time stamp function in the android app. i am sure i am not the only one who would like this.

72 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Pls. add tag search function at OneNote for android smartphone.

Before I wrote this request, I have searched whether the similiar idea to me exists. Absoultely, there are many people like me.

Yesterday, by using the automatic importer from Evernote, I have decided to start OneNote. But this morning I was suprised when I found out I cannot use the tagging function at mobile ver. of OneNote. That's ridiculous. That is why Microsoft still is behind in the mobilie market. I think that just porting from pc ver to mobile ver is not the anwser.

70 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. better user experience for choosing sections and section groups

choosing notebook is easy,choosing section group and sections are an absolute pain,the user experience now is best described as cramped and confusing ,kindly rework the user experience for choosing sections and section groups from scratch
    --if you are reading this vote for this idea,dont you desire to better organise your notes in onenote ?

67 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

OneNote for Android

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base