OneNote for Android

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. OneNote Android Missing Key Features [Oct-2019]

OneNote on Android is in desperate need of an update!

Well, the tablet version at least.

It's lacking so many features that the Windows and iOS/iPadOS have built-in. I recently bought a Samsung Tab S6, it would be great if the Android developers of this Microsoft product spend some time in this space. This is the best Android tablet in a long time, it would be great to see some of the basic features added such as:

Insert toolbar missing features
    - An insert table button !!!
    - Symbols
    - Math

Draw toolbar missing features
    - Maths!!! draw to text…

165 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make android tablet onenote apps as GREAT as Ipad!

There are alot need of improvement for android tablet devices. When IOS get a great onenote apps for theirs ipad, why cant microsoft to make a onenote apps for android tablets thats as great as IOS? im currently using the Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 and i found out that the onenote apps sucks on many perspective:

1. The name of the notebook didnt sync correctly as the one on my Windows 10 laptop.

2. The drawing pen on the "draw" tab. There's only few selection of colours and the size of the pen cannot be selected equally to the other pen as…

165 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Search within page in Android

On the desktop the search box has options for searching a notebook or within a note but when I search in Android it only returns the titles of notes/pages where the search term is found. Since I often copy long text blocks I would like to be able to find terms within the text.

163 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

45 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add the ability to create new Sections and Subsections like in Windows.

I have been using OneNote on my Windows computer since 2013. I created a Daily Journal notebook and each year I create a new Year section (2013, 2014,...), 12 new Month subsections (Jan, Feb,...) and daily pages for that month.

Now I want to use my OneNote Daily Journal on my Android 8.0. I can create new Month subsections and Daily pages, but I can't create new Year sections.

This is a major omission. Please add this functionality in the Android app.

161 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. sub-pages on OneNote Android app

I Like to use sub-pages to record discussions with different people, and use a master page for each person to record actions or important talking points.

151 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Adding tags other than To-Do to notes

It would be great if OneNote on Android could handle adding and filtering tags other than the standard To-Do tag, such as the Important (Star) tag, Critical tag, Address tag, etc. A nice additional feature would be the ability to add custom tags on the mobile version or at least sync custom tags from the desktop to the mobile version.

142 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Collapsible Section Groups Android App

I have seen multiple "ideas" for this but nothing has been done for over a year. Can Andriod users please have working collapsible section groups on the android app? We use this at work across ipads/phones, windows computers, and andriod phones. It would be more helpful for this functionality be the same across all platforms

123 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Make use of all S-pen features in Samsung

First, thank you very much for this amazing app! While I love it in my Samsung tablet, there is one thing that Samsung Notes has that I miss in OneNote. That is... the amazing selections of colors and brushes that come with a Samsung Tablet that are not available in OneNote for Android. Would it be possible to integrate them? The writing experience in Samsung Notes is far better than OneNote, although in terms of organisation, syncing with computer... OneNote is far superior

119 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Android widget: Add a widget that directly shows the content of a page

At now you can just add shortcuts 1x1, or 3x1, but doesn't exist a widget that shows the content of a page, to directly view your notes from the desktop, like with S Note. It would be very useful, to be able to check you notes and lists at a glance. Please, consider this feature!

118 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Make equations visible or editable on Android, Mobile Windows, and other mobile versions.

It would be really great to be able to at least see the mathematical equations that I write in OneNote on my mobile device. At the moment, all you see is "[equation]" where an equation appears, which is rather useless. If I want to be able to read an equation on Mobile, right now, I have to leave it in plain-text which is unintuitive and less convenient for reading notation.

116 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Bug: pen strokes moves after releasing the pen from the screen

There is a problem when using the pen, I have seen it in the galaxy tab s3 and now in Huawei Mate 20 X.

When writing with the pen, the stroke moves like a millimeter up. So writing notes with the pen is a terrible experience. While the pen is down the stroke follows the tip of the pen without problems, but after releasing the pen from the screen, the written strokes move up.

114 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Page size + Print setting for onenote android app

It would be really great to have the same features in the Samsung Galaxy S4 tab version of the OneNote app as that of the OneNote 365 app.

The features I find the most useful are -

1. Page size option -
      Many times, I would like to take print of my assignments on an A4 page, to be able to submit them.
      Either printing the notes on an actual page or a pdf version, without the page size option on the tab, I don't know where to stop writing, where the page ends.

2. Print option -
      I would really like…

114 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Please include "ink to text" feature ASAP

Please include "ink to text feature" for android especially for android tablets.... ASAP

112 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. filtering by tags

create a way to find your various tags on your Android mobile device, similar to the Find Tags option on the full platform. this would make it easier to find all your To Dos, but also Critical, Important, etc... adding this feature would make the mobile version infinitely more user-friendly and able to use it as an on-the-go task master. as it currently is, not so much.

108 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Remove the Ink Shifting

Hi, I'm using Galaxy Tab S4 and I'm facing an issue. Whenever I write the ink shifts slightly and sometimes a lot. It is clearly noticeable. Please guide me what to do.

I'm using app version : 16.0.11929.20126 (which is the latest as of this date)

Updated on: Aug 18, 2019

FunFact: This issue does not happen when I use the older version of OneNote i.e. of January 2017 (yes that old) but that version has a lag in handwriting and also not as smooth as the newer ones. But yeah that does not have this ink shifting issue.

Here…

107 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. S-Pen button

The S pen (EJ-PT820BSEGWW) already have support in Onenote, but i would love if it was possible to also use the button on it for erasing.

I am able to do that on both my Surface Pro and Surface Book 2 with their original pens and a Wacom stylus and would love to have this function added for the S-Pen aswell since i use the Tab S3 at university for notes.

102 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Increase audio recording time to longer than 3 minutes

Audio recording is currently limited to 3 minutes - would like it longer

102 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Make Subpages Collapsable

To make page navigation easier in the Android app, I would like to have the ability to collapse subpages underneath their master page groups

The way it is now, I have pages and subpages neatly collapsed in my Windows client. When I view that same notebook in the Android app, I can see page-subpage relationships, but I cannot collapse pages. So instead of having 10-12 pages to scroll through, I have nearly 100 pages to scroll through to find the one I'm looking for.

97 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Why is the android version of OneNote so watered down?

For any religious user of Onenote on Windows, the contrast in functionality between the Windows version and the android version is just painful. Simple things like page size formatting (i.e. setting paper size preference - A3, A4, Letter size, Tabloid size etc) are not available on the Android app. These things matter when you want to print out your notes. It is super frustrating to have handwritten notes that randomly spill over onto the next page when you are trying to print out notes that were taken on the android version because you have no ability to limit the page…

95 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Bring Night mode, Full screen mode, auto shapes, table inserting, reading and editing modes.

Bring Night mode, Full screen mode, auto shapes, table inserting, reading and editing modes.

Auto shape means when we try to draw a circle it would automatically make that, or when we try to make a line it automatically does that.

Bring Reading mode - so that scroll doesn't open keyboard. It is annoying!! And it also start scrolling horizontally, which deteriorates the mood of notes revision.

For editing bring editing mode.

Formula inserting option, from calculus etc.

Give option of paste as plain text. So that when copying from web it doesn't copy unnecessary hyperlinks or formatting.

Thanks

95 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

OneNote for Android

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base