OneNote for Android

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Throw out OneNote, it's a joke of an app.

I thought this was a good app and then three of my notebooks just disappeared. According to the app, I needed to login to sync my notebooks but I was already logged in. So I logged out and then logged back in - the notebooks apparently synced and the result was the loss of months of work. Microsoft Android apps thus far are below par quality - but I should not have expected any better as Microsoft have always released bug-ridden software.

Now that all of my work is gone, so is this app.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Sticky Notes widget

It's great to have sticky notes on my mobile, but it would be even greater to have them on my homescreen, without installing Microsoft launcher (I'll never leave Nova).

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Open two different sections or notebooks side by side in App

Open two different sections or notebooks side by side in App

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Lasso and change ink stroke and color

It would be incredibly nice if I could lasso something that's already written and change the ink stroke or color. That would save me a TON of time when I realize that I want my ink in another color!

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Straight lines and basic shapes

Graphing would be so much easier if this was possible. Having to graph on a line that looks like anything but a straight line isn't easy.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. dictation Traditional Chinese

This is supported among other MS Office products. Please don't just limit to Simplified Chinese.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Widget to display entire note

Would be awesome to have a widget similar to that of Google Keep that lets you display an entire note on your homescreen (e. g. a to-do list).
    Lacking this feature prevents me from switching to OneNote completely.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Please make text line up with the rules lines automatically when turned on or at least make it a setting option

I like to use typed words and hand written. I use to use really note books and mainly switched because onenote has the lined feature. It's also nice having them all together and searchable... but please please please can there be a setting where the typed lines automatically line up with the blue lines? I can get them to for a few lines but it gets less and less aligned moving past line 5ish

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Ability to Draw (or at least View) Ink Effects

I would like to be able to draw/write in the same inks that I have in the UWP version - rainbow, gold, etc. If I can't WRITE in all the inks, I still expect them to SHOW on the screen in the ink that I used in the Windows app version. Everything is just graphics, so it should APPEAR the same on all versions.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Ink to text Galaxy S4 Tab

Add the functionality for Ink-to-Text in OneNote for Android Tablets. Not everyone has, or wants, to own a Surface and this feature would be delightful for those of us who use tablets for note taking with customers. The Samsung Galaxy S4 Tab is an excellent device with a lot of capabilities, but the OneNote version for Android is seriously lacking in capabilities like Ink-to-Text

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Enable Check Box Clicking When Notes Are Read Only

It would be cool for Android (and probably for all devices that aren't laptops or desktops) to have an option to prevent editing of notes, with the exception of check boxes. I use To Do notes for presentations so I can click of the information as I've presented it. But each time I go to check a box, it thinks I want to edit the page and I have to worry about editing information by mistake.
    I currently work around this by using the pen option to check the boxes instead of the actual To Do List Check. would be…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. header

Add handwriting recognition

First of all, i like OneNote! but not on Andriod.
    There are some points which are horrible like the handwriting recognition, because there isn't one for the header.
    The Windows-version allows to handwrite the header but Android does not. And i can't understand why, because Android or Samsung, both come with built-in handwriting recognition. So that would be great, if you please add it!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. keep same version on galaxy store and google play store

I have multiple android devices as well as an sufrace pro. I can't uninstall the onenote galaxy app on Samsun S2 tablet. The galaxy store doesn't have lates version. Driving me round the bend trying to sync when samsung device has a different profile..... it wouldn't be an issue if both stores had same version so i could sync quick notes

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Collapsible Section Groups Android App

I have seen multiple "ideas" for this but nothing has been done for over a year. Can Andriod users please have working collapsible section groups on the android app? We use this at work across ipads/phones, windows computers, and andriod phones. It would be more helpful for this functionality be the same across all platforms

82 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Page size on Screen

I have just started using One note on Laptop and on My tablet. I am mainly using for University.

One Feature that would help would be to be able to set a page size to write and on the infinite page you would have the lines where that size of page would stop so you stop writing .

this would aid the printing of the notes. even though when printing from my laptop the software cuts the notes into A4 a few lines get cut .

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Please give the capability to convert ink to text on Onenote for Android. This is very useful especially in the Mathematics classroom.

Please give the capability to convert ink to text on Onenote for Android. This is very useful especially in the Mathematics classroom.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. No Instructions

There are no tutorials on how to better use this app. I could find no detailed instructions anywhere on how to use this apps features. The only way I figured out as much as I have is by hit and miss. I've wasted a HUGE amount of time just teaching myself the basics. There seems to be a GREAT MANY features to use on this app that I have no idea how to use. Im good with apps..once I'm shown how to use them. Most of us aren't app brilliant..able to figure out how to use these apps with no…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Insert powerpoints

Be able to insert powerpoints directly instead of having to change to a PDF first.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)