OneNote for Android

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Urgent improvements: simultaneous recording with note-taking & colouring options

Microsoft apps should be, as promoted, multi-platform. Not asking huge improvements on functionality, but at least not as bad as this for Android. Am willing to pay if you reach to a point where improvements need to be monetised. This is so frustrating painful for Surface+Android users!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. We just want fairness and a decent app

• no shifting of hand-written parts after releasing the pen

• more than two highlighter options

• a ruler or any way of making straight lines

• option to choose the paper format

• the option to hand-draw shapes and make the program recognize them as such so it automatically perfects them

• less crashing

• thank you very much

54 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Scan notes receipts business cards qr codes in android OneNote to a page to and back outlook notes

Notes a page in OneNote or Outlook notes in a contact linked from either ties together the functionality of each. Particularly phone locating email attachment transmitting calendar coordinating data development thus efficient business growth

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Lock page scroll to prevent page moving while writing with stylus (Pixelbook Pen)

Is it possible to lock a page while writing?

I'm using a Google Pixel Slate / Google Pixelbook Pen. When writing notes with the pen, palm rejection does not seem to work. The page scrolls left / right / up / down and I cannot hold the page in place. Is there a way to limit page movement?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. One note voice recorder

Im currently using Microsoft surface pro and notice that one note has a voice recorder. I used it but it seems like its not working when your writing notes while its recording voice. My classmate showed me an app with this feature called evernote. Would later one note will have same features for note taking?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Print out looks blur in mobile app

Print out looks fine in onenote for windows and onenote 2016 but same is look blur in mobile.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. sticky notes

Sticky notes do not show up in Onenote on my Android Tab A, but do show up in Onenote on my android phone. I would really like to have sticky notes available through Onenote on my Android Tab A as well. The app description in Google store says that Onenote includes Sticky notes.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Sticky Notes on tablets

Hi...I use OneNote beta on my phone and tablet too (both with Android) but there are Sticky Notes on my phone only and no on the tablet. Please, where or how is it possible to set Sticky Notes on tablets? Thanks in advance. :-)

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. OneNote使用整体上还比较好,但就是长文本进行体系化整体的时候,变得非常难受。可以加标题,但就是不同自动生成目录。现在方便的方法,就是通过第三方插件,可是隐私安全根本没有办法得到保证,而且还要花钱买。 既然第三方开发者都能开发出来,需求的确存在,微软为什么官方还不开发?哪怕

OneNote使用整体上还比较好,但就是长文本进行体系化整体的时候,变得非常难受。可以加标题,但就是不同自动生成目录。现在方便的方法,就是通过第三方插件,可是隐私安全根本没有办法得到保证,而且还要花钱买。

既然第三方开发者都能开发出来,需求的确存在,微软为什么官方还不开发?哪怕付费都有人使用的功能,为什么微软不开发?这点难以理解,你们不是重视客户需求吗?

请问什么时候才能够重视这个需求,并将产品打造的更好用一些?哪怕付费也可以啊。

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Share and Find Notes by QR Code (Generate and Scan respectively)

I would like to be able to generate a QR code for a notebook, section, page or paragraph (essentially all the places that I can right click and "Copy Link to...".
    Once the QR code has been generated, the mobile apps would need the ability to scan the QR code to view the corresponding location.

The use case I have in mind would be to create a note with a list of items in a storage bin, then generate a QR code to print on a sticker and apply to the outside of the bin/box. I can either search OneNote…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. easily tag my inked or hand written notes with lasso

When writting my action items or do to list, or capturing questions. Id like to pressmthe button on my s-pen to lasso that sentence and tag it easily with my free hand on the side of the screen rather then reaching to the top

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Make it like iOS

I have always wondered why does OneNote on iOS looks like a proper app while it looks like so outdated on Android. It even lacks important settings and options on the Android. I read somewhere that Microsoft will make it better when they make Android phones so it's a political thing. Perhaps Google is not paying much to Microsoft so they do not feel like they should make a proper app... or better, they make an ugly app to spite Google. How can developers look at the same app on iOS and Android and not see how badly designed the…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. View mode

View mode for viewing notes as notes are not only supposed to be written. It is written so that you can view it later. Word has view mode. But why not for a note app???

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Quick access to or seperate app for sticky notes

You guys NEED an easy way to access sticky notes on Android, whether it's a shortcut to that section in OneNote similar to accessing the calendar with Outlook or a separate app. I (and I've seen others) keep using Google Keep as it's a lot quicker for quick notes as opposed to OneNote.

Thanks!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. The Android version is bad!

Having used the desktop and iOS versions of OneNote... I could not help but notice how BAD the Android version was.... It seemed kinda anemic compared to the iOS app which looks organised and updated and have many settings to choose from while the Android version is just less than basic. Frankly in 2020 having a major app behaving this way is unacceptable even if it's a free app. Microsoft needs to think of a major overhaul for the Android app

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. As a User I want to be able to minimize sub-pages

Please add a functionality to minimize sub-pages, so I can use OneNote for big projects without losing oversight.

This is a really important feature to use OneNote to it's fullest capabilities.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add 2 iOS functions. 1. Thumbnails if the note has an image. 2. YouTube videos embedded

Add thumbnails of the images like you did in iOS version.
    And allow to see YouTube videos from Android.
    These 2 functionalities have been in iOS OneNote since 2016 and are not yet available in Android. We feel like 2nd class citizens. https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/onenote-online-video-embed-update/

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Link to onenote pages in android and Microsoft store apps

In the windows version one may add a crosslink to another onenote page. Would love to be able to do that in the onenote store app and Android app too. Pls.

I have to use the store app for work, and often use Android app on the go, and really miss this function in these app versions. I am a teacher and we plan our units in onenote so linking pages to one another is vital.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)