OneNote for Android

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Zooming (DPI?) on Android phones vs tablets

I wish for the ability to zoom out more on Android phones. Currently on my Android phones, I can only see part of my lecture slides and notes on my OneNote notebook even when I zoom out to the max. However, when I view the same notebook on my Android tablets, I can zoom out all the way and see all of my lecture slides and notes. I've already tried it on the Samsung Galaxy Note 4, LG G3 and Nexus 6 to no avail. There is no advantage to having a "phablet" since the app isn't maximizing the screen…

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Asian language support

My language (Korean) is not correctly displayed in Onenote Android.

It displayed OK in the section list, but all broken inside the pages. (didn't test about other languages)

It works ok only when I set android itself to Korean, which is sometimes hassle. Please review and correct this problem!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I would love for OneNote (android) to work on Samsung Galaxy Trend Plus!

No special reason other than that's the phone I have and that I love OneNote!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Android widget: Add a widget that directly shows the content of a page

At now you can just add shortcuts 1x1, or 3x1, but doesn't exist a widget that shows the content of a page, to directly view your notes from the desktop, like with S Note. It would be very useful, to be able to check you notes and lists at a glance. Please, consider this feature!

118 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Forum input mode.

For workgroups it would be handy to have a forum style input mode in a note where prior entries could be commented on but not edited, so there would be a history of the conversation.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. sub-pages on OneNote Android app

I Like to use sub-pages to record discussions with different people, and use a master page for each person to record actions or important talking points.

151 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Create Nook HD+ patch

The OneNote app use to work with my Nook HD+, now the current version is not compatible with my device. I use onenote or I used Onenote daily.

Help, bring back oneNote the nook Hd+.

The software verses have always worked with the Nook until the current upgrade for Android 4.1.

The nook runs a nook software version of android currently nook 2.2.0 . I have checked and I have the most up to date verison nook has. Could ya' ll just patch the app to work with my device . Please :-)

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Picture-In-Picture Stylus Feature

I would like a picture-in-picture window to use the stylus. Here is a OneNote example illustrating the request and the problem that it solves:
    https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?resid=F3F3AB31019D486E!575&app=OneNote&authkey=!APp2b2Eiab_AUuQ

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Better Shortcuts and Widgets

I'd like to have an editable page view widget, that is set to edit a specific page.

Use case: I keep my thoughts in Onenote. On my home screen, I'd like to have that onenote page take up most, but not all, of that screen.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Better Share-to OneNote

I want a few options here. Keep the current share to. Add a "Share to specific notebook / page". Add "Share to last selected page".

The last case is most important: I often do research on my tablet, and it would be very nice to not have to concatenate every single clipping and shared link. It would also be nice to annotate and edit the about to be shared data, without switching to the app.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Synchronisation with OneNote files anywhere

Many people store their datas on a private NAS. This is possible with OneNote 2013, why not with Android version?

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Enable move to SD card

There should be a way to move OneNote including data to SD card. This is an urgent matter because internal memory is limited!

568 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

130 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. List Ordering via Drag & Drop

Suggested Feature: In the OneNote Android App, provide feature for a list item to be selected and moved as an object up, down, indent in the list structure. (Hate to mention Google Keep, but as an example, it does show an example of reordering list items that OneNote could make even better)

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Handwriting Recogiition

I hope that handwriting recognition function can be inserted into the Android version. It can worked like the desktop ink to text version exactly would be the best. Which Onenote app can compete with Samsung S-Note app better.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Copy pages

The ability to copy a page within a section, between sections and between notebooks would be a massive benefit.
    I have template pages that have tables and check boxes, the ability to copy these an the android platform, would make tablet and phone use much better.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. kindle

Is anyone tracking a compatibility issue with OneNote on Kindle Fire HD devices? Right now, Amazon is claiming that OneNote is ONLY compatible with the JUST launched Kindle Fire HDX devices. No other Kindle devices can install OneNote right now. I know OneNote was working for me on a Kindle Fire HD and Kindle Fire HD 8.9 until last week. I just transferred the registration to my wife, and I've run into this issue. This was working. It should still work. Why can people not install it from the store right now on devices where it use to be available?

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. eraser

Please provide normal eraser in OneNote for Android. Currently only stroke eraser is provided. I am an engineering student wherein I have to draw many diagrams and if I make a mistake and use the stroke eraser, half the diagram vanishes without ability to undo it or correct it in any way.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Devanagari font rendering in Android OneNote incorrect.

Devanagari font rendering in Android OneNote incorrect. THough I am able to get the right text in notes or in Evernote, I cannot get the right text in OneNote.
    Sample text: त्र्यंबकं यजामहे सुगन्धिं पुष्टिवर्धनम्॥ -- This is not rendered correctly

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

OneNote for Android

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base