OneNote for Android

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bug: Pasting to MS Office Apps not working since upgrade to Android 10

Since upgrading to Android 10, pasting to Microsoft Office apps on my Google Pixel 2 XL is not working.

Example 1: I open a Gmail PDF attachment, selected all on page 1 then copied text. Pasted on Excel just fine. Did the same for page 2, but it's still pasting page 1 on Excel. If I paste on a different app (e.g. Viber, default messenger app), page 2 is pasted

Example 2: I copied a link from Chrome to OneNote. Nothing gets pasted. If I paste in a different app (e.g. default messenger app, LinkedIn), the link gets pasted.

Example…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Add the “Insert or Remove Extra Space” feature that is available on the windows and ipad version

Add the “Insert or Remove Extra Space” feature that is available on the windows and ipad version
    I like to insert my PowerPoints for lecture but I need more space in between the slides

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Remove the Ink Shifting

Hi, I'm using Galaxy Tab S4 and I'm facing an issue. Whenever I write the ink shifts slightly and sometimes a lot. It is clearly noticeable. Please guide me what to do.

I'm using app version : 16.0.11929.20126 (which is the latest as of this date)

Updated on: Aug 18, 2019

FunFact: This issue does not happen when I use the older version of OneNote i.e. of January 2017 (yes that old) but that version has a lag in handwriting and also not as smooth as the newer ones. But yeah that does not have this ink shifting issue.

Here…

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Make android tablet onenote apps as GREAT as Ipad!

There are alot need of improvement for android tablet devices. When IOS get a great onenote apps for theirs ipad, why cant microsoft to make a onenote apps for android tablets thats as great as IOS? im currently using the Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 and i found out that the onenote apps sucks on many perspective:

1. The name of the notebook didnt sync correctly as the one on my Windows 10 laptop.

2. The drawing pen on the "draw" tab. There's only few selection of colours and the size of the pen cannot be selected equally to the other…

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Remember last used notebook and section in clipper

I often save several web pages to the same part of a notebook. Each time I have to start with my default notebook and navigate from there.

Why not add the option to remember the last location where something was saved as the default location? It would save me quite a lot of time.

Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. BUG: Handwriting and drawing, offsets to the left

On a Samsung Tablet, Tab S4, running Android Pie, and latest version:
    Whenever I draw or write anything using the S-Pen, it always offsets what I've written, each letter at a time, 3-4 milimeters to the left, after I complete the shape by lifting the S-Pen.

This is making it hard to do any precise writing or drawing, and you can't fully predict what you are going to draw.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. BUG: undo button doesn't work when palm touches the screen

if my palm touches the tablet, the undo button doesn't work anymore, I have to raise the palm and only then tapping the undo icon works.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. two finger tap to undo

I would need a quick way of doing an undo.

I've seen the standard in other applications is a two finger single tap for a quick undo.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow syncing notes from Onenote online to the android app.

I logged off of OneNote on my Android phone. I updated the app and now after logging back onto OneNote I lost all my notes on the app and cannot sync to the online notes. Please fix that that problem.

With the older OneNote app the notes were kept up to date on both the web site and the app.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Galaxy Tab S4 Palm Rejection

Whenever I use my S-pen on the Tab S4 to take notes on OneNote there's dots or stripes on the screen where my palm touches it. In the samsung notes app there's the option to 'just use the S-pen', or on other apps the palm rejection works almost completely flawlessly. It's just the Onenote app that doesn't have any of these options. I wish there was better palm rejection on the OneNote app too.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. code block formatting

I'm a developer and I'm constantly finding snippets of code that would be useful in the future. I was wondering if there is an in-app formatting option for code-blocks like Evernote has? This is very annoying:

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Android Onenote integration with other MS products (Outlook for Android, To-Do,...)

This goes along with many other requests for the functionality of Android Onenote to be similar to what is available on Windows. Onenote would be much more usable if the integration between other MS products were present.

- Outlook for Android - Take meeting notes and bring the meeting details into the Onenote page
    - To-Do - Tasks created in Onenote populate in To-Do and notes can be created from tasks in To-do

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. App is very slow to start up

The Android app is very slow to start up. Often times you just need to check something and want to get to your notes quickly (or jot down an idea), but the app needs 3-5 seconds to startup even on a faster phone. That is very frustrating many times and counter-productive always.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Create SEARCH WIDGET

We are searching information in notebooks more often than adding new content. Have proposal to create widget for quick searching which can be placed to home screen like "Add note" or "Add photo note".

Also searching feature can be added to quick menu by long tapping on OneNote app shortcut.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Auto-width view mode

Onenote differs from most note managers by writing on several blocks of text on an infinite canvas, instead of a single block of text. This has advantages, especially on large screens, but it makes reading on the mobile a horrible experience.
    It would be good if from mobile apps we can switch to reading mode, which adjusts the text block to the device width and the font size is what is adjusted when zooming (not the text block).

Regarding those pages where the user has several blocks of text in different places on the canvas, I can think of two…

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Keep option to disable pressure sensitivity on android. Its irritating for taking notes

Keep option to disable pressure sensitivity on android. Its irritating for taking notes

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Compartir blogs desde el celular

Buenas Tardes,

seria muy importante que desde el app de onenote se pudieran compartir blogs.

Gracias

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)