OneNote for Android

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How can we improve OneNote for Android?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Chinese font on the mobile phone is abnormal!

OneNote for Android has a problem for a long time:
    I set the Chinese default font XX on the computer version of OneNote, so now the first few Chinese characters entered on the mobile version of OneNote are the default font XX, and then suddenly changed to Microsoft Yahoo font. This is simply ridiculous! !
    Many Chinese users have the same problem, but OneNote has not fixed this bug, never.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Alternative cloud storage/ sync location options

On the Android app you should consider offering individuals their choice of note storage location for syncing. Not everyone uses OneDrive so it would be beneficial to be able to choose other options e.g. Dropbox, box, mega sync etc etc etc based on existing workplace/ individual sync location policies or practice. Most of these provide a local sync folder and any one note file can be placed there for syncing. People like options....just a thought

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Add move to SD

I know hundreds/thousands people have probably already sent this to you, but enable "move to SD card" for android. At this point, your application is useless to me because it lacks this feature on my tablet. I have a 128GB SD card sitting there with less than 2% used, in a 32 GB tablet, and can't synch my notebooks even though I have all that empty space, because OneNote insists on using 20-something GBs of my internal storage space. Without SD card functionality your app is straight up garbage for anyone who deals with large amounts of data or multimedia…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Make OneNote keyboard and touchpad friendly for Chromebooks

On a Chromebook, the OneNote App does not respond normally to the touchpad when trying to select text, or to many standard keyboard shortcuts. The online version does.

Double tap (using touchpad) does not highlight the word.

Long press with a finger (on screen) highlights a word with both selection cursors showing.  When using the touchpad or a mouse, the word is not highlighted and only a single selection cursor appears.

Holding down left corner of touchpad and using another finger on touchpad to highlight text does not work.

Keyboard shortcuts work better, but not fully, and out of sync…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Why is the android version of OneNote so watered down?

For any religious user of Onenote on Windows, the contrast in functionality between the Windows version and the android version is just painful. Simple things like page size formatting (i.e. setting paper size preference - A3, A4, Letter size, Tabloid size etc) are not available on the Android app. These things matter when you want to print out your notes. It is super frustrating to have handwritten notes that randomly spill over onto the next page when you are trying to print out notes that were taken on the android version because you have no ability to limit the page…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Easiest improvement: minimally add ONE more highlighter (if you're not going to work on anything else more for colors/pens/highlighters)

ADD A PINK HIGHLIGHTER. Why pink? So that we can at least highlight in 5 different colors: Yellow, Blue, Green (highlighting blue over yellow gives green), Pink, Orange (highlighting pink over yellow gives orange)!!!!! So, give us a pink highlighter!!! This would be very very very very greatly appreciated because it's one small change you could do for the android version and it would make a difference.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. left hand

Currently using one note as an android app on my pixelbook, and loving it accept for one occurrence which I believe is due to the fact I am left handed. When ever I try and write something near the left hand side of my screen my palm triggers some short cut to swap to another screen. I would really love to use this app but with out a lefty mode to prevent those shortcuts from happening the app is just not usable.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Ink to shape

Need the ink to shape feature like ipad please

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Unsynchronized notes are completely lost after logging out and logging back in on Android

When synchronization is lost (don't know why), the user needs to log out and log back in. But the unsynchronized NEW notes are completely lost. PLEASE fix this !!

First, the synchronization should synchronize the notes in BI-direction and overwrite a file only when it is a newer version by comparing the dates and times. It is NOT acceptable to just copy the online notes to the phone and erase everything else on the phone. That is just a ridiculous design!!

Second, the deleted notes on the phone by user and those erased notes by the app itself should be…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Unsynchronized notes are completely lost after logging out and logging back in on Android

When synchronization is lost (don't know why), the user needs to log out and log back in. But the unsynchronized NEW notes are completely lost. PLEASE fix this !!

First, the synchronization should synchronize the notes in BI-direction and overwrite a file only when it is a newer version by comparing the dates and times. It is NOT acceptable to just copy the online notes to the phone and erase everything else on the phone. That is just a ridiculous design!!

Second, the deleted notes on the phone by user and those erased notes by the app itself should be…

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Let OneNote work in slow / not working wifi

OneNote keeps on "loading notes" if on slow / not workiing wifi.

See https://pasteboard.co/I88AEXr.png ( i couldn't upload the pic directly here, why not?).

As long as OneNote hasn't synced using wifi it should work as if it would be offline.

At the moment, slow / not working wifi will prevent you from using onenote. That's a problem. Please fix this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Improve Search Functionality on Android

Dear onenote team and community, I beg you to vote on this suggestion,

As I see it, there are two tenants of a virtual notebook:
    1) Content Creation (often from a laptop or tablet)

2) Content Retrieval (both platforms; but very critical function of a phone, as it is a information consuming device)

In order for android onenote to become a useful app for consuming content it needs to add:

1) search within notebook
    2) search within page (with a next button to take you to the next term)

Currently, android search can only retrieve results from ALL notebooks, and…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Ability to turn OneNote file into a Office document easily from OneNote.

Ability to turn OneNote file into a Office document easily from OneNote.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow user to choose where to add new pages (top or bottom of page list)

Ipad and Windows versions of OneNote allow users to choose where new pages will be added in the Navigation settings (top of page list; bottom of page list; or below current page). This is missing from the Android version of OneNote.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow user to choose where to add new pages (top or bottom of page list)

Ipad and Windows versions of OneNote allow users to choose where new pages will be added in the Navigation settings (top of page list; bottom of page list; or below current page). This is missing from the Android version of OneNote.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. More space for notes

I have a tons of notes saved and It won't sync anymore because I don't have anymore space.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. android widget display section

I'm a fan of the GTD method on completing tasks by context. It would be really great if I could use an Android widget that displays only a specific section of my notebook. For example, I have a section called "Phone" or "Errands" would be really handy to have displayed on a Android desktop.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Bug: pen strokes moves after releasing the pen from the screen

There is a problem when using the pen, I have seen it in the galaxy tab s3 and now in Huawei Mate 20 X.

When writing with the pen, the stroke moves like a millimeter up. So writing notes with the pen is a terrible experience. While the pen is down the stroke follows the tip of the pen without problems, but after releasing the pen from the screen, the written strokes move up.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Make the OneNote widget more consistent with the OneDrive widget

If you look at them side-by-side they are similar but different enough that it's weird. Overall the two widgets need to be more consistent. The size, spacing, and icon style should all be consistent. I wouldn't mind not having the full OneNote name on there, as long as the logo was correct.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 37 38
  • Don't see your idea?

OneNote for Android

Feedback and Knowledge Base