OneNote for Android

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Re-entering my password in OneNote for my Android Device is a PAIN!

OneNote would be great on my Android device if I didn't have to keep typing in my password, then waiting for OneNote to sync with the app on my laptop. There should be an option to remain signed in as I don't keep any private information in OneNote.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Undo button in the Sticky Notes section

I would like to leave feedback such that there should be an undo button in the "Sticky Notes" section in One Note on Android phone, similar to the one on Windows desktop. In this very application there is an undo button in "Notebooks->Pages" section, but not one in Sticky Notes.

Also, the first time someone opens a Sticky Note on android, there is no "cursor position", so when trying to highlight a word by holding it, the whole sticky note is selected - that's how i lost all my data, and an undo button was not there to return it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Text Wrapping in OneNote Android

I am interested to switch to Microsoft One Note from Evernote but the only thing holding me is the Text Wrapping / Fit to Screen issue of OneNote Mobile. I am using Samsung Note 10 and whenever I open a note on it I need to scroll Left/Right to read the whole text. The text does not fit to screen or we can say wraps itself within the screen. Specially the Pictures I have saved for some projects appear huge on the Mobile screen exceeding the screen limits. If I pinch the picture to zoon out for within screen visibility,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I am interested to switch to Microsoft One Note from Evernote but the only thing holding me is the Text Wrapping / Fit to Screen issue of On

I am interested to switch to Microsoft One Note from Evernote but the only thing holding me is the Text Wrapping / Fit to Screen issue of OneNote Mobile. I am using Samsung Note 10 and whenever I open a note on it I need to scroll Left/Right to read the whole text. The text does not fit to screen or we can say wraps itself within the screen. Specially the Pictures I have saved for some projects appear huge on the Mobile screen exceeding the screen limits. If I pinch the picture to zoon out for within screen visibility,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Smaller Title Bars

Can you please shrink the gigantic title bars on Onenote? they are hardly necessary, and take up valuable screen real estate on tablets

Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow Multiple Accounts for Sticky Notes

Only the first account you add to OneNote will sync with Sticky Notes. Mutltiple Accounts (such as Work and Personal) will not sync and there is no option to add or switch to the other account.

I have a Samsung S10+ running OneNote 16.0.12325.20242, and this issue was replicated by another user.

For reference: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msofficeonenote-msoamobile-mso_365hp/personal-sticky-notes-not-showing-in-onenote-on/eb121116-e5e7-4976-89c3-d8c791ecad18

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Shortcut To Change Color Of Ink Using Stylus (Hold Side Button & Press Stylus Down On Screen)

Having a shortcut that utilizes a combination 1. pressing the side button on stylus then (2) pressing and holding stylus down on screen for x amount of seconds to offer a shortcut menu that includes the ability to change your ink color would be helpful.

I like to use a lot of colors in my notes to designate importance, and constantly switching going to the top of the screen to click the color, then change the color then go back to where i was is a lost of wasted movement.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. svg

Allow import of SVG images. This would be a great way to create templates. Create your image in PowerPoint - could be a form like meeting notes, or daily journal, then save as SVG, and then use the image in OneNote as the background and then use the page as a template. - you can do this with other images - but as an SVG, it would allow ruled line, grid or colored pages to appear through the image in the transparent spots of the image.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Make this compatable with more versions of android

No reason that this shouldn't work with a tablet just a year old. List what tablets or versions of android do work with this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Capability to load notebook from another folder

Currently OneNote for Android loads all notebooks from OneDrive Personal\Documents. With a workaround I know how to also load from other folders within OneDrive.

Thats all good but I host my own cloud and the Android app is not able to load notebooks from locations other than OneDrive.

Please add the capability to load a notebook from a local folder on the Android device.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Put some money and ambition in the OneNote Project

Looking at the competition, OneNote is sorely needing some love. I use the Android version and it isn't as user friendly as smaller developers' apps. For example, there are several versions on PC and they are not compatible with the latest version. Moreover, the latest versions are so stripped down as to be just enough to get by. Like the Sketch functionality is not really up to scratch. It's like drawing on the back of a napkin. No straight lines or shapes are available. And no grid functionality. There is no handwriting functionality worth the name either in the Android…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Password protected sections timeout issue

Keeps relocking within minutes, sometimes seconds, of use. Then the cursor is off when unlocked. You then need to press the back button and reposition the cursor.

Need to fix. Multiple feedbacks submitted for months now.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. writings with Galaxy S-pen moves slightly on Android

i believe that so many people raised same inconvenience already.

when i write with Galaxy S-pen on Android Onenote, the writings moves slightly.

when will you fix this problem.

there is no such problem on same Android office(Word,Excel). onlly Onenote has the problem.

i cannot help but believe MS doesn't want to solve it intentionally.

finally, i had used all Onenote version - Window, iOS, Android.

Android version is most suck, everybody knows.

it would be greatly appreciated to clear this inconvenience.

thank you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Lot of features left!!! Update soon please!!

Hello OneNote team,
    I dont´n want to repeat what others say but PLEASE, include all the features missing in the android version that the windows version have. They are great an very necessary in the android version. If not, i woul consider changing to another platform, but i was comfortable with OneNote until i saw the enormous variety of colours and fuction that it has in the windows version.
    Please update!!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. delete

Simple delete function to delete selected elements on the page.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. In-app "Send feedback" option should acknowledge feedback was sent

I tried submitting an idea first using the "Send feedback" option in OneNote (in the "..." menu on the screen that lists notebooks) but after doing so nothing happened... no popup acknowledging that I'd sent feedback, no email saying you would look into what I suggested, nothing showing up on this UserVoice so that others could vote for it.

From this I got the feeling that maybe the send feedback option is a black hole. Does it even work at all?

So, I suggest you improve it so that it does acknowledge, somehow, that the feedback was received. Maybe it…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Better text/link mode sharing of websites to OneNote for Android

I don't like the current workflow of sharing website to OneNote on Android at all. Two things:

• When viewing a webpage, I usually just want to share the URL to a note, then start typing up some thoughts. I want neither to clip the entire webpage to the note, nor to save an image, yet the Share option for webpages doesn't offer that as an option. (As a workaround, I can share to clipboard, then open OneNote and create a new note, then paste, but this is rather indirect.)

• Second, when I've selected some text on a webpage in Chrome…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. OneNote support for current generation of amazon Fire Tablets

I don’t understand why Microsoft won’t have OneNote on fire Hd tablets considering their popularity particularly in academia! Totally unacceptable!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Hide badge overlay

I like to hide the badge overlay which is distracting and just use the notification bar shortcut to add quick notes.
    (Just like Evernote's notification bar shortcut for simple notes)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Please fix sharing to OneNote on Xiaomi phones

When sharing from any place to Onenote on my Xiaomi Pocophone, getting the message 'please open OneNote to set it up for sharing'. There is no option for this and numerous others are running into this issue as well when searching online with no resolution found. Seems to happen only on xiaomi phones..
    Please fix sharing to OneNote app as it is a key feature of the app and productivity is way less this way.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 41 42
  • Don't see your idea?

OneNote for Android

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base