OneNote for Android

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. make the android version the same as the I pad version

Can you just give the android tablet version the same functionality as the I pad pro version has. Plenty of pen settings, marker settings, insert free space, easier insert anything., no need to shut down drawing if you want to insert something.

80 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Simultaneous Recording and Writing/Typing

It would be great if you did not have to stop writing/typing notes when you record a part of a lecture or interview. This would allow for more precise concept mapping and better organization as important details could be marked more efficiently and referred back to later.

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Colors of Sections

Add the option to change the section color

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. OCR

OCR handwriting recognition.
    Similar to S Note where my handwriting is recognised and becomes searchable, even without doing "ink to text". Is so cool and saves me a lot of time in not having to convert my scribble into text.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. strikethrough

Strikethrough the text of checked items when using checkbox list. Have such formatting as an option.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. code block formatting

I'm a developer and I'm constantly finding snippets of code that would be useful in the future. I was wondering if there is an in-app formatting option for code-blocks like Evernote has? This is very annoying:

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Better text/link mode sharing of websites to OneNote for Android

I don't like the current workflow of sharing website to OneNote on Android at all. Two things:

• When viewing a webpage, I usually just want to share the URL to a note, then start typing up some thoughts. I want neither to clip the entire webpage to the note, nor to save an image, yet the Share option for webpages doesn't offer that as an option. (As a workaround, I can share to clipboard, then open OneNote and create a new note, then paste, but this is rather indirect.)

• Second, when I've selected some text on a webpage in Chrome…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Standaard lettertype

Het zou fijn zijn als ik in one note voor Android het standaard lettertype hetzelfde kan maken als in de windows app.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Dark Mode NOW!

Come on people let's send this query to them because it's so necessary and all other important Note Apps have it. But yes, Microsoft aaalways slower. Too big seems they can't handle.

Please give us Dark Mode for our eyes.

Thanks!

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Re-entering my password in OneNote for my Android Device is a PAIN!

OneNote would be great on my Android device if I didn't have to keep typing in my password, then waiting for OneNote to sync with the app on my laptop. There should be an option to remain signed in as I don't keep any private information in OneNote.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Undo button in the Sticky Notes section

I would like to leave feedback such that there should be an undo button in the "Sticky Notes" section in One Note on Android phone, similar to the one on Windows desktop. In this very application there is an undo button in "Notebooks->Pages" section, but not one in Sticky Notes.

Also, the first time someone opens a Sticky Note on android, there is no "cursor position", so when trying to highlight a word by holding it, the whole sticky note is selected - that's how i lost all my data, and an undo button was not there to return it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Reminder function

Please consider creating a reminder function for new notes or to do list that we create in oneNote

66 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Create SEARCH WIDGET

We are searching information in notebooks more often than adding new content. Have proposal to create widget for quick searching which can be placed to home screen like "Add note" or "Add photo note".

Also searching feature can be added to quick menu by long tapping on OneNote app shortcut.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Sticky Notes with no text and only picture in OneNote app

Sticky Notes created in OneNote app on Android that only contain a picture do not show up on the Windows 10 Sticky Notes app. user must at least add/type one word to the Sticky Note before it can be viewed on desktop.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Text Wrapping in OneNote Android

I am interested to switch to Microsoft One Note from Evernote but the only thing holding me is the Text Wrapping / Fit to Screen issue of OneNote Mobile. I am using Samsung Note 10 and whenever I open a note on it I need to scroll Left/Right to read the whole text. The text does not fit to screen or we can say wraps itself within the screen. Specially the Pictures I have saved for some projects appear huge on the Mobile screen exceeding the screen limits. If I pinch the picture to zoon out for within screen visibility,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I am interested to switch to Microsoft One Note from Evernote but the only thing holding me is the Text Wrapping / Fit to Screen issue of On

I am interested to switch to Microsoft One Note from Evernote but the only thing holding me is the Text Wrapping / Fit to Screen issue of OneNote Mobile. I am using Samsung Note 10 and whenever I open a note on it I need to scroll Left/Right to read the whole text. The text does not fit to screen or we can say wraps itself within the screen. Specially the Pictures I have saved for some projects appear huge on the Mobile screen exceeding the screen limits. If I pinch the picture to zoon out for within screen visibility,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Universal user interface as in iOS and windows

I have read a lot of comments about this an it would really be helpful if the User interface becomes universal as in iOS and windows.
    Onenote for Android looks really dull and abandoned
    The tags, text formatting and drawing functions are really basic and turn OneNote into a really bad note taking app. It doesn’t take OneNote into its full potential and that’s a shame for Microsoft
    As a current user I would appreciate if this points are taken in consideration for the development of the app

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Enable AutoCorrect in the new OneNote

I use AutoCorrect extensively - it's a great time saver!
    The new OneNote doesn’t use the AutoCorrect entries that I have setup in Word and Excel whereas the old OneNote did.
    This is preventing me from using the new AutoCorrect

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Shortcut To Change Color Of Ink Using Stylus (Hold Side Button & Press Stylus Down On Screen)

Having a shortcut that utilizes a combination 1. pressing the side button on stylus then (2) pressing and holding stylus down on screen for x amount of seconds to offer a shortcut menu that includes the ability to change your ink color would be helpful.

I like to use a lot of colors in my notes to designate importance, and constantly switching going to the top of the screen to click the color, then change the color then go back to where i was is a lost of wasted movement.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

OneNote for Android

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base