OneNote for Android

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. searching tags

Please add the functionality to search for tags like in OneNote for windows.
    I would be able search for all the question tags by typing "question" (with quotes) in the search bar.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Scan notes receipts business cards qr codes in android OneNote to a page to and back outlook notes

Notes a page in OneNote or Outlook notes in a contact linked from either ties together the functionality of each. Particularly phone locating email attachment transmitting calendar coordinating data development thus efficient business growth

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. One note voice recorder

Im currently using Microsoft surface pro and notice that one note has a voice recorder. I used it but it seems like its not working when your writing notes while its recording voice. My classmate showed me an app with this feature called evernote. Would later one note will have same features for note taking?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Print out looks blur in mobile app

Print out looks fine in onenote for windows and onenote 2016 but same is look blur in mobile.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Share and Find Notes by QR Code (Generate and Scan respectively)

I would like to be able to generate a QR code for a notebook, section, page or paragraph (essentially all the places that I can right click and "Copy Link to...".
    Once the QR code has been generated, the mobile apps would need the ability to scan the QR code to view the corresponding location.

The use case I have in mind would be to create a note with a list of items in a storage bin, then generate a QR code to print on a sticker and apply to the outside of the bin/box. I can either search OneNote…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Include more of the features that are available on PC.

Include more of the features that are available on PC. For example figures, customizable pen colors, or the abaility to insert tables.

268 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Page size + Print setting for onenote android app

It would be really great to have the same features in the Samsung Galaxy S4 tab version of the OneNote app as that of the OneNote 365 app.

The features I find the most useful are -

1. Page size option -
      Many times, I would like to take print of my assignments on an A4 page, to be able to submit them.
      Either printing the notes on an actual page or a pdf version, without the page size option on the tab, I don't know where to stop writing, where the page ends.

2. Print option -
      I would really like…

114 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. easily tag my inked or hand written notes with lasso

When writting my action items or do to list, or capturing questions. Id like to pressmthe button on my s-pen to lasso that sentence and tag it easily with my free hand on the side of the screen rather then reaching to the top

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Offline notes feature for Android

Please add offline notes feature for Android. I will not use OneNote for Android until this feature is available.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. View mode

View mode for viewing notes as notes are not only supposed to be written. It is written so that you can view it later. Word has view mode. But why not for a note app???

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. [Feature Request] Let us choose the default section that automatically opens in OneNote app Android

Let us choose either of the 3 sections (Note Books, Search, Sticky Notes) as the default when we open OneNote app on Android.

for example I use OneNote app on Android mainly to stay in sync with my Sticky Notes on my Windows PC so I want to see Sticky Notes section first when I open OneNote app on Android, but it's on the far right side.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Clear formatting from pasted text

We need the ability to clear the formatting of pasted text in the Android app. It's present in all other major note apps, and it's present on Desktop.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Make OneNote keyboard and touchpad friendly for Chromebooks

On a Chromebook, the OneNote App does not respond normally to the touchpad when trying to select text, or to many standard keyboard shortcuts. The online version does.

Double tap (using touchpad) does not highlight the word.

Long press with a finger (on screen) highlights a word with both selection cursors showing.  When using the touchpad or a mouse, the word is not highlighted and only a single selection cursor appears.

Holding down left corner of touchpad and using another finger on touchpad to highlight text does not work.

Keyboard shortcuts work better, but not fully, and out of sync…

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add basic geometric shapes. Lines, Circles, rectangles. Nothing fancy, just ... shapes

Its impossible to draw a perfect circle, but computers are amazing at it. Shapes please!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add move to SD

I know hundreds/thousands people have probably already sent this to you, but enable "move to SD card" for android. At this point, your application is useless to me because it lacks this feature on my tablet. I have a 128GB SD card sitting there with less than 2% used, in a 32 GB tablet, and can't synch my notebooks even though I have all that empty space, because OneNote insists on using 20-something GBs of my internal storage space. Without SD card functionality your app is straight up garbage for anyone who deals with large amounts of data or multimedia…

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Level the playing field

Make this short and sweet,
    Enough playing favorites...what ever iOS gets Android should have the same features and vice versa. I know will enough Apple is competing with Microsoft so same with Microsoft against Apple.
    So why play favorites? Enough is enough, favoritism is ******** and we all know it

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. As a User I want to be able to minimize sub-pages

Please add a functionality to minimize sub-pages, so I can use OneNote for big projects without losing oversight.

This is a really important feature to use OneNote to it's fullest capabilities.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow Fullscreen

Distractless fullscreen is important to fully compete with pen and paper.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Sync with Samsung Notes

Samsung has moved beyond its old S-Notes app to Samsung Notes. It would be a killer feature to be able to sync Samsung Notes to OneNote. I use OneNote across Windows, iOS and now Android and love it. The ability to jot notes on the Galaxy Note lock screen is amazing and would be great if those notes could show up in OneNote

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

OneNote for Android

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base