OneNote for Android

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. BUG: Onenote can't sync on Samsung Galaxy A71, A70 (with Android 10) and S10 Lite

the current OneNote Android App 16.0.12827.20234 can't sync Notebooks on the following Samsung Phones:
    - Galaxy A71
    - Galaxy A70 after Android 10 update
    - Galaxy S10 Lite

Notebooks got allways the sync error codes 0xE000283C and "0xE000006B b6d09".

Steps to reproduce:
    1. install Onenote from Play store on one of the Samsung Phones
    2. Open Notebook either directly in Onenote App or by click a Notebook in Onedrive app and open it in Onenote Mobile App
    3. Wait to see the Notebook icon is gray with a exclamation mark
    4. tap on the 3 dots to see the sync…

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

17 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. OneNote Android Missing Key Features [Oct-2019]

OneNote on Android is in desperate need of an update!

Well, the tablet version at least.

It's lacking so many features that the Windows and iOS/iPadOS have built-in. I recently bought a Samsung Tab S6, it would be great if the Android developers of this Microsoft product spend some time in this space. This is the best Android tablet in a long time, it would be great to see some of the basic features added such as:

Insert toolbar missing features
    - An insert table button !!!
    - Symbols
    - Math

Draw toolbar missing features
    - Maths!!! draw to text…

187 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make android tablet onenote apps as GREAT as Ipad!

There are alot need of improvement for android tablet devices. When IOS get a great onenote apps for theirs ipad, why cant microsoft to make a onenote apps for android tablets thats as great as IOS? im currently using the Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 and i found out that the onenote apps sucks on many perspective:

1. The name of the notebook didnt sync correctly as the one on my Windows 10 laptop.

2. The drawing pen on the "draw" tab. There's only few selection of colours and the size of the pen cannot be selected equally to the other pen as…

192 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. One note for Android = One note for Windows

I would like to have the identical oneNote for windows in OneNote for tablet..
    for example with OneNote for windows you have a shapes, more colors, Math options, etc...

So it would be very beutiful if you implements the same futures into oneNote for Android.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Remove the Ink Shifting

Hi, I'm using Galaxy Tab S4 and I'm facing an issue. Whenever I write the ink shifts slightly and sometimes a lot. It is clearly noticeable. Please guide me what to do.

I'm using app version : 16.0.11929.20126 (which is the latest as of this date)

Updated on: Aug 18, 2019

FunFact: This issue does not happen when I use the older version of OneNote i.e. of January 2017 (yes that old) but that version has a lag in handwriting and also not as smooth as the newer ones. But yeah that does not have this ink shifting issue.

Here…

112 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. We just want fairness and a decent app

• no shifting of hand-written parts after releasing the pen

• more than two highlighter options

• a ruler or any way of making straight lines

• option to choose the paper format

• the option to hand-draw shapes and make the program recognize them as such so it automatically perfects them

• less crashing

• thank you very much

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Enable Tags in OneNote for Android

Enable adding more tags and searching by tags.

Overall, just update the OneNote for Android (phones and tablets) to the same level as OneNote 2016.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Please include "ink to text" feature ASAP

Please include "ink to text feature" for android especially for android tablets.... ASAP

121 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Ink to shape

Need the ink to shape feature like ipad please

212 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. sticky notes

Sticky notes do not show up in Onenote on my Android Tab A, but do show up in Onenote on my android phone. I would really like to have sticky notes available through Onenote on my Android Tab A as well. The app description in Google store says that Onenote includes Sticky notes.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Please fix sharing to OneNote on Xiaomi phones

When sharing from any place to Onenote on my Xiaomi Pocophone, getting the message 'please open OneNote to set it up for sharing'. There is no option for this and numerous others are running into this issue as well when searching online with no resolution found. Seems to happen only on xiaomi phones..
    Please fix sharing to OneNote app as it is a key feature of the app and productivity is way less this way.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Sticky Notes on tablets

Hi...I use OneNote beta on my phone and tablet too (both with Android) but there are Sticky Notes on my phone only and no on the tablet. Please, where or how is it possible to set Sticky Notes on tablets? Thanks in advance. :-)

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Reminder, Section group, Ink to text

Microsoft,

Evernote has advantage over you because they have the key features that we want, that your note taking system does not have. Now, time to get them and integrate these features:

Reminder
    Section management
    Ink to text

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. link notes in OneNote on Android

I am using the OneNote app on Android.

Like I can on desktop version, I want to be able "copy link to OneNote" line then past this link to another OneNote line.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Bug: pen strokes moves after releasing the pen from the screen

There is a problem when using the pen, I have seen it in the galaxy tab s3 and now in Huawei Mate 20 X.

When writing with the pen, the stroke moves like a millimeter up. So writing notes with the pen is a terrible experience. While the pen is down the stroke follows the tip of the pen without problems, but after releasing the pen from the screen, the written strokes move up.

117 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Auto-width view mode

Onenote differs from most note managers by writing on several blocks of text on an infinite canvas, instead of a single block of text. This has advantages, especially on large screens, but it makes reading on the mobile a horrible experience.
    It would be good if from mobile apps we can switch to reading mode, which adjusts the text block to the device width and the font size is what is adjusted when zooming (not the text block).

Regarding those pages where the user has several blocks of text in different places on the canvas, I can think of two…

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Make Android version of OneNote similar to Windows 10 version

The OneNote app for Android is horrible in comparison to the Windows 10 version. I am an engineering student and I have used the Windows 10 version and absolutely loved it. However, I recently started using a Samsung Tab S3 and I have realized the Android version is absolutely terrible compared to the Windows 10 version. The following are my reasons:

1. The button on the S Pen is not able to be used as an eraser which, when having to take quick notes, is an inconvenience.

2. The pen options are absolutely laughable, there is plenty of space to add more…

749 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

42 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Sticky Notes and Search tabs on Android Tablets

Sticky Notes and Search tabs are available in mobile apps. Please make them available in Android tablets as well.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Why is the android version of OneNote so watered down?

For any religious user of Onenote on Windows, the contrast in functionality between the Windows version and the android version is just painful. Simple things like page size formatting (i.e. setting paper size preference - A3, A4, Letter size, Tabloid size etc) are not available on the Android app. These things matter when you want to print out your notes. It is super frustrating to have handwritten notes that randomly spill over onto the next page when you are trying to print out notes that were taken on the android version because you have no ability to limit the page…

97 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. A button to reset zoom level

When we zoom on a page, OneNote remembers that. When we come back later, there is no way to reset the zoom level to the default 100% view. One has to guess what it should be.

A button to reset zoom level on a page would be nice.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 45 46
  • Don't see your idea?

OneNote for Android

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base