OneNote for Android

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Make Android version of OneNote similar to Windows 10 version

The OneNote app for Android is horrible in comparison to the Windows 10 version. I am an engineering student and I have used the Windows 10 version and absolutely loved it. However, I recently started using a Samsung Tab S3 and I have realized the Android version is absolutely terrible compared to the Windows 10 version. The following are my reasons:

1. The button on the S Pen is not able to be used as an eraser which, when having to take quick notes, is an inconvenience.

2. The pen options are absolutely laughable, there is plenty of space to…

421 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

29 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Collapsible Section Groups Android App

I have seen multiple "ideas" for this but nothing has been done for over a year. Can Andriod users please have working collapsible section groups on the android app? We use this at work across ipads/phones, windows computers, and andriod phones. It would be more helpful for this functionality be the same across all platforms

52 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add the ability to create new Sections and Subsections like in Windows.

I have been using OneNote on my Windows computer since 2013. I created a Daily Journal notebook and each year I create a new Year section (2013, 2014,...), 12 new Month subsections (Jan, Feb,...) and daily pages for that month.

Now I want to use my OneNote Daily Journal on my Android 8.0. I can create new Month subsections and Daily pages, but I can't create new Year sections.

This is a major omission. Please add this functionality in the Android app.

106 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Bug: pen strokes moves after releasing the pen from the screen

There is a problem when using the pen, I have seen it in the galaxy tab s3 and now in Huawei Mate 20 X.

When writing with the pen, the stroke moves like a millimeter up. So writing notes with the pen is a terrible experience. While the pen is down the stroke follows the tip of the pen without problems, but after releasing the pen from the screen, the written strokes move up.

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Auto-width view mode

Onenote differs from most note managers by writing on several blocks of text on an infinite canvas, instead of a single block of text. This has advantages, especially on large screens, but it makes reading on the mobile a horrible experience.
    It would be good if from mobile apps we can switch to reading mode, which adjusts the text block to the device width and the font size is what is adjusted when zooming (not the text block).

Regarding those pages where the user has several blocks of text in different places on the canvas, I can think of two…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Sticky Notes widget

It's great to have sticky notes on my mobile, but it would be even greater to have them on my homescreen, without installing Microsoft launcher (I'll never leave Nova).

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Night Mode / Dark pages

I'm using one note on a Tab S4 for school sometimes for 6+ hours a day. Adding a night mode would make the app easier on the eyes, save A LOT of battery life, and help stop screen burn in on oled devices. Also it looks really good.

Currently I'm using an add-on on the desktop app which let's me use dark pages which I can then sync allowing me to use it on my mobile app but I have to do that every time i want to create a new page on my tablet which is kind of a…

122 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. handwriting to text on OneNote for Android

Get handwriting to text for OneNote in Android just like in the Windows version. Otherwise, what is the point? I want my Android Notes to transfer to text that I can access on my Windows machine (or elsewhere) later. That is why I would get OneNote on my android device.

219 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Bring Night mode, Full screen mode, auto shapes, table inserting, reading and editing modes.

Bring Night mode, Full screen mode, auto shapes, table inserting, reading and editing modes.

Auto shape means when we try to draw a circle it would automatically make that, or when we try to make a line it automatically does that.

Bring Reading mode - so that scroll doesn't open keyboard. It is annoying!! And it also start scrolling horizontally, which deteriorates the mood of notes revision.

For editing bring editing mode.

Formula inserting option, from calculus etc.

Give option of paste as plain text. So that when copying from web it doesn't copy unnecessary hyperlinks or formatting.

Thanks

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Page size + Print setting for onenote android app

It would be really great to have the same features in the Samsung Galaxy S4 tab version of the OneNote app as that of the OneNote 365 app.

The features I find the most useful are -

1. Page size option -
    Many times, I would like to take print of my assignments on an A4 page, to be able to submit them.
    Either printing the notes on an actual page or a pdf version, without the page size option on the tab, I don't know where to stop writing, where the page ends.

2. Print option -
    I would…

85 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Include more of the features that are available on PC.

Include more of the features that are available on PC. For example figures, customizable pen colors, or the abaility to insert tables.

190 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Why is the android version of OneNote so watered down?

For any religious user of Onenote on Windows, the contrast in functionality between the Windows version and the android version is just painful. Simple things like page size formatting (i.e. setting paper size preference - A3, A4, Letter size, Tabloid size etc) are not available on the Android app. These things matter when you want to print out your notes. It is super frustrating to have handwritten notes that randomly spill over onto the next page when you are trying to print out notes that were taken on the android version because you have no ability to limit the page…

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Please include "ink to text" feature ASAP

Please include "ink to text feature" for android especially for android tablets.... ASAP

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Simultaneous Recording and Writing/Typing

It would be great if you did not have to stop writing/typing notes when you record a part of a lecture or interview. This would allow for more precise concept mapping and better organization as important details could be marked more efficiently and referred back to later.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Full screen writing mode. I would like all the purple header to disappear so i have more room to write and read.

Full screen writing mode. I would like all the purple header to disappear so i have more room to write and read

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Reminder function

Please consider creating a reminder function for new notes or to do list that we create in oneNote

56 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Make OneNote keyboard and touchpad friendly for Chromebooks

On a Chromebook, the OneNote App does not respond normally to the touchpad when trying to select text, or to many standard keyboard shortcuts. The online version does.

Double tap (using touchpad) does not highlight the word.

Long press with a finger (on screen) highlights a word with both selection cursors showing.  When using the touchpad or a mouse, the word is not highlighted and only a single selection cursor appears.

Holding down left corner of touchpad and using another finger on touchpad to highlight text does not work.

Keyboard shortcuts work better, but not fully, and out of sync…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. make the android version the same as the I pad version

Can you just give the android tablet version the same functionality as the I pad pro version has. Plenty of pen settings, marker settings, insert free space, easier insert anything., no need to shut down drawing if you want to insert something.

60 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow Fullscreen

Distractless fullscreen is important to fully compete with pen and paper.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. searching tags

Please add the functionality to search for tags like in OneNote for windows.
    I would be able search for all the question tags by typing "question" (with quotes) in the search bar.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 39 40
  • Don't see your idea?

OneNote for Android

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base