How can we improve the OneNote APIs and developer platform? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

Support OneNote Notebooks Hosted in OneDrive for Business, or some other cloud/internet based storage location

Right now the API only works for notebooks in OneDrive, but I would like the same capabilities for my work notebook which I have hosted in my organizations O365 OneDrive for Business. Equally important would be in SharePoint where I may have site notebooks that I collaborate on with coworkers

138 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AndrewAndrew shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Ceyhun OzkanCeyhun Ozkan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, we are using business onenote in our workplace. We downloaded the genius scan application on the iPad. Some of our users can open the application with the OneNote business account and some users can not open it. What could be the reason.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please continue to remove all obstacles to OneNote growing...All Storage Options and All Platforms, a variety of input acceptance, i.e. Genius Scan.

• Steve KellySteve Kelly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a big need. The OneNote clipper is a great example of something our business users are really looking for.

• LizLiz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Throwing my hat in the ring -- I would love to have OneNote for Business supported in everything! I get 1 TB of storage in my OneDrive for Business, so I keep my notebooks there. Having a great scan app would be super beneficial (for work mostly!)

• Paul EltonPaul Elton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is really important for applications within the enterprise to benefit from OneNote that the API becomes part of Office 365. We are currently developing OneNote integrations for new Apps serving the Oil, Gas, Power (including Nuclear) industries. O365 would be an acceptable host for an enterprise whereas the public OneNote endpoint would almost never be!

• Simon MunroSimon Munro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is absolutely critical with respect to the Office 365 story. The OneNote API needs to be integrated with (cloned?) the Office 365 API and use Azure AD for authentication. LiveId may work for consumers but fails in enterprise apps

• Tony ChangTony Chang commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Customer don't want pubulis data into cloud and conscern about data accessing performance through internet.

• Jason ChiuJason Chiu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My customer(Medical Services) has the same request, they do care the medical record put on public cloud.

• Bruno VirletBruno Virlet commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have similar requests for Genius Scan. Support for OneDrive for Business would be a great feature.

Feedback and Knowledge Base