OneNote Developer APIs

Welcome to the feedback forum for OneNote’s developer platform and APIs! This is the place for developers to send us feedback and suggestions. To share feedback about OneNote’s apps, please visit our user forum instead. For “How To” questions, please visit StackOverflow.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Save documents in local folders

Restore the possibility of saving OneNote document in local folders.

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. OneNote UWP add-in API

OneNote UWP add-in APIs are essential to a successful OneNote-Office transition to UWP. Office-OneNote add-in capability have a healthy ecosystem for customized user-developer functionality, such as Onetastic, OneNote UWP add-in APIs should be sustained to empower users-developers to provide unusual or domain specific functionality, which can quickly be developed and deployed to meet domain-specific user-needs and become candidates for eventual OneNote PWS integration. As an example, an Office-OneNote healthcare Electronic Medical Record (EMR) set of macros is used for clinicians to maintain patient records for small medical practices. Losing OneNote Office API integration decreases the Microsoft value proposition.

300 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  REST API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Local OneNote Files

For security/privacy reasons, an option to save OneNote files ONLY locally to a device (particularly an iPad) and not to OneDrive is greatly needed. This significantly reduces the utility of OneNote in the occupational context.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Surface Pen, make the color shift by pressing the right click button on the pen.

The competition can do it too, it would be such a nice feature and many people want that. I could code it myself in 10 minutes, just ask 😉

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. A desirable feature for OneNote is the support of tablets with E Ink screens, so that we can handwriting on them.

A desirable feature for OneNote is the support of tablets with E Ink screens, so that we can handwriting on them.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add an option to add a "Copy" button next to text

Add an option to add a "Copy" button next to some text, to easily copy the highlighted text with one button click.

This is useful especially for posting snippets of code/configuration that:

1. Can be easily changed when copying/typing elsewhere

2. Is sometimes surrounded by quotes or other punctuation and selecting it can be annoying

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. High Speed Internet - Windstream Kinetic Gig

If you want to experience high levels of internet, Windstream has come up with a brand new internet service package. Named as "Kinetic Gig", it is the next step in technology and innovation. Get Windstream internet @ https://www.internet-service-providers.net/

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. A simple way to Code Syntax HIghlight...No extension required !

I was searching for any extension that can help me format my code on my OneNote Mac, but I failed. Now finally I discovered a way to do it.
    If you want to paste a code from any source into your onenote with all the syntax and formatting highlight intact, heres a simple solution.
    Here's the trick:

Visit the stack overflow site and in the reply section, paste your code in the CODE block, after this stackoverflow will show you the preview of your code in Syntax highlighted manner.
    Now just code from the preview and paste in OneNote.....DONE !! …

144 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. How to Complete the 123.hp.com Printer Setup?

Before starting the setup process, it is suggested to go through the information at least once so that you will get a clear perspective of HP Wireless printer setup.Get rid of the printer package materials like tapes and stickers after which you can send them to recycling. Then you need to check whether the printer package comprises of all the essential in-box supplies.At first, install the latest HP Printer driver from https://www123hp-com.com/ and tag along with the directives that appear onscreen.It is better to have support of experts who have prior experience.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Samples  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Implement copytosection, copysection, copynotebook for consumer OneNote via Graph

Please support the above operations for OneNote Notebooks hosted on Consumer OneDrive. Currently these return 'Not Implemented' although the documentation suggests that they should work.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  REST API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. How to Watch Out your Best Shows in AT&T DirecTV?

DIRECTV offers the best in the world of entertainment with myriad options to choose from. We at att-directv.net don’t just deal with TV, but also are a leader in communication.

The amalgamation of two such stalwarts is here to give the best of all worlds. Look no further for your entertainment needs, as we at AT&T DIRECTV are willing to offer the best Directv Packages that you can get from your television, anywhere, anytime.

Get Guide @ https://www.att-directv.net/

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Page template options and a pencil

I love onenote and use it daily over a range of devices. However, some things that it lacks is.
    1. paper template options — I really wish that I could create my own paper template, e.g. wider margin for question writing.
    2. A pencil option for shading? I do a lot of anatomy drawings and would love if onenote took it that extra step for artistic purpose.
    3. I’d find it beyond handy if onenote introduced another ‘storage’ heading, I feel as though my books get extremely messy by the end of my semester. I would find it extremely useful…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. How reliable is Viasat Internet?

Viasat is one of the best satellite internet providers using which you can surf or stream at a faster pace. Users who swift from wired or fiber internet plans will find it quite tough to adapt.
    However, there's been a huge change in Viasat internet connection and they are going places by providing high-speed internet. Viasat is reliable for users those who use the internet for basic tasks like surfing. Learn more @ https://www.satellite-internet.net/viasat/

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Samples  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Bulk transfer of emails from outlook to onenote

Why can't we have the bulk transfer of emails direct from outlook to onenote like 2016 version.

I subscribe to specific sites for updates which I export to onenote 2i016. I have a large very useful library now, but onenote does not allow this.

This is an invaluable tool for me and I don't see why it was dropped.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Tagging people in OneNote like in teams website and ability to notify people to get emails when updated

Tagging people in OneNote like in teams website and ability to notify people to get emails when updated for a better collaboration

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Execute script within Onenote against Local/External data using local languages similar to IPython/Jupyter

Allow users to code/display results in one note, similar to Ipython/Jupyter.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. How to Troubleshoot HP ePrint Not Working Issue - HP ePrint Support

Having trouble with your HP ePrint app? Just check out the following simple tips to resolve it!

First, confirm is web services are enabled on your printer by going to the network or wireless settings. Then check if you have drafted the email correctly. Always ensure to put the HP Printer’s email address alone in the TO field and have a text written in the ‘Subject’ column. Only these types of formats are acceptable for ePrint: GIF, JPG, PNG, BMP, or TIFF, PDF, HTML, TXT, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, or Excel. Other formats might cancel the ePrint job. Try restarting your…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Drag and drop PDFs, audio files to One Note on iPad

Hi,
    right now, it's not possible to drag PDFs and audio files from other apps to One Note on iPad - is that correct?
    I'm the developer of Yoink, a "shelf" app that temporarily stores content for later use, and I have a customer who uses One Note.
    They can drag images and texts from Yoink to One Note, but PDFs or audio files are rejected by One Note (although it works by selecting "Attach file").
    It would be great if drag and dropping PDFs and audio files would be supported by One Note.

Thank you,
    - Matt

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 15 16
  • Don't see your idea?