How can we improve the OneNote APIs and developer platform? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

Locking Notes - prevent accidental deletion between corolation

It is too easy to delete notes and fields. We use onenote between two sites and accidental deletion of notes has been a problem. A "lock function" would be usefull to prevent deletion but still allow information to be entered

15 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Stefan Waskow shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Steve Whitcher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I suspect the OP meant collaboration or collaborators, not corolation. Assuming that's the case, I strongly support this idea. I'm sorry to say that on more than one occasion I've gone looking for something in a shared Onenote notebook and discovered it missing. Notes that I am certain I created & put a significant amount of time into, and even entire sections. These notes/sections were deleted somehow, either by another user or through some failure of onenote synchronization. I generally assume human error until proven otherwise, so I'm going with another user deleted the content.

Please add a way to prevent deletion of content on both a granular and a global basis.

Feedback and Knowledge Base