How can we improve the OneNote APIs and developer platform? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

markdown support right from onenote, just like the brand new wordpress addin

OneNote page to markdown would be great

3,836 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Gathering feedback  ·  OneNote API Team Admin responded  · 

Hi there,
We would like to get more feedback on which of the two scenarios are more important to you:
1. The ability to create new pages in OneNote from markdown? OR
2. The ability to recall OneNote pages as markdown?

203 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

One note is not a markdown oriented app so just the ability to write in markdown would be cool.
    Just far more faster for text formatting

• Craig Fisher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Both. 1. is a higher priority though. Maintenance will require 2 - but generation of documentation is painful at the moment.

• Satyen Rai commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Both — in fact, I’d like to use markdown for editing, but see the rendered version while reading. For example, clicking anywhere on the page for editing should reveal the underlying markdown and moving the focus away should bring back the the rendered document. Or I could do with an “Edit as Markdown” button.

• Miguel Alvarado commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like the ability to have a setting on a notebook or app to interpret the whole notebook/app as markdown text and adjust the view to reflect it.

## Should display accordingly and maybe the (##) still be there but shadowed to indicate those characters are still there to edit.

The Bear app has a nice way of displaying this.

• Charlton Stanley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i think i need a little clarity on the two options for which you are gathering feedback:
    #1 if i interpret it correctly, means that we would be able to create a new page, paste raw markdown (or i suppose, import a markdown file) and have it import\format correctly within onenote.
    For #2 i am not sure what you mean by "recall onenote pages as markdown". Do you mean for me to be able to convert an existing onenote page to markdown? (that would be very coo, so yes please!) But again, not very sure.

For me, i would like the ability to type "_emphasize_" (without quotes) and have it be italics, or better yet, "`This is code`" and have it format as code. i imagine you would have to use a preview window\section where your typed input is translated into the end result that markdown gives us. That end result is what I would like to be able to copy and paste into an email, or print it out to either paper or pdf, and have it retain the end formatting, so that i can share my notes with others.

3,723 votes and the feature still not present until now? Where are the support team?

1. The ability to create new pages in OneNote from markdown. Any update on this?

• Sammy Lao commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please!
    And also some kind of plain text mode for a page that goes along with it.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 10 11

Feedback and Knowledge Base