How can we improve the OneNote APIs and developer platform? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

markdown support right from onenote, just like the brand new wordpress addin

OneNote page to markdown would be great

3,657 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Gathering feedback  ·  OneNote API Team Admin responded  · 

Hi there,
    We would like to get more feedback on which of the two scenarios are more important to you:
    1. The ability to create new pages in OneNote from markdown? OR
    2. The ability to recall OneNote pages as markdown?

184 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this feature.

1. The ability to create new pages in OneNote from markdown?

I absolutely live in VS Code. Being able to share meaningful snippets via MD or even an integrated workflow between two *cough* MS products would be very, very useful.

this has over 3500 votes and its going on 4 years and no action from microsoft? what gives? too busy with spying on us?

• Donovan Harding commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is literally the only thing that is stopping me from consolidating all my notetaking into OneNote.

😒

Taking notes on programming with snippets and markdown would be awesome. And exporting option to Medium/WordPress would be great as well

• Sir commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also hope you can support Markdown for writing. Since there are many notes software supporting Markdown, such as Evernote, etc.

• Brian Garvey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would would like to be able to create OneNote pages as Markdown. As a developer this is much faster in capturing notes especially with code examples.

• Paul Anderson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to see some form of markdown so I can copy and paste code into One Note where it would include the styles and formatting.

I am using Markdown Monster which is cool for writing complete documents. Have a chat with Rick Strahl - maybe he can get it in there :)

The ability to create notes in markdown and then be able to edit those same notes as markdown later would be the best thing ever.

This is the last feature I’m waiting for to switch to OneNote completely. Please add this!

• Matthew Conto commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Option 1 is more important as I find the syntax for Markdown excellent for rapid note-taking.
        Option 2 would be nice for exporting to GitHub/web

← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10

Feedback and Knowledge Base