How can we improve the OneNote APIs and developer platform? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

Embed/duplicate page or note container across different pages

It would be great to be able to select specific sections, pages, note containers, or even paragraphs to appear in multiple pages/sections/notebooks. Change one page and its twin in the other notebook updates as well.

I have several notebooks--some private, some shared. In one of the shared project notebooks, we keep individual to-do lists so we can all see which tasks the other team members are tackling.
However, I want those tasks to display in my personal to-do list in my private notebook as well. Now I either need to jump from notebook to notebook to have my complete task list, or keep manually duplicating items. It'd be great to embed part of the group project's to-do page into my private notebook instead.

I can think of several other applications for this function. Even a smaller version, being able to share paragraphs across pages in the same notebook, would be invaluable. For example, I'm maintaining a reference list of various weapons used in my book, including descriptions. Then in my character bio pages, I just link to the paragraph describing the weapon that character uses. It'd be great to instead have the same one or two paragraphs describing the weapon in both the weapon reference list and the character bio, and have them update alongside each other.

27 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Corinne Duyvis shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google