API's to allow OneNote to be used as a central data store for apps on multiple platforms
API's to allow OneNote to be used as a central data store for apps on multiple platforms and devices.
OneNote is already perfect for this as it is multi-platform and automatically sync'd to the cloud. But needs some things:
- Add pages to sections in a workbook that is not the default, and add section if it doesn't exist
- Update page content (see next
- Read page content, ideally in something like json. Maybe return tables as an array of json objects (where rows are objects and columns are object props)
- Delete notebooks in case creation of new one fails creating required parts (where required parts are sections and pages that form the schema)
- Ideally would only alter local cached copies and let the normal sync push to cloud - then app doesn't need we access
Note: my idea would be that the data is still visible and makes sense if you just open OneNote directly still. So maybe a Page for Customers and it has a table on it that list the customers and their contact info. If you look at it it is useful, but a program can also read/update it like a database.
All APIs listed here are available in the OneNote API (except DELETE ~/notebooks). Marking this one as completed.
Our API does all of this - except notebook deletion. Check out our developer documentation at http://dev.onenote.com/.