How can we improve the OneNote APIs and developer platform? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

Allow live OneNote pages to be embedded on a website

Imagine being able to share a live version of an individual OneNote page with the visitors of your website.

Take a single OneNote page and embed that page within your website, not as a published, static entity, but rather live and dynamically updated.

If you as the owner of that OneNote page or any of your co-editors change something about the OneNote page, the change should be reflected immediately on the website.

Apart from the obvious benefits for OneNote users, the exciting side effect is that OneNote as a flagship product will obtain exponential exposure.

300 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Marjolein Hoekstra @OneNoteCMarjolein Hoekstra @OneNoteC shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

17 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love this feature, however, I cannot even use onenote - every time I click on it, I get an error.

• RondaRonda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would make a significant difference in making my switch from Google products.

• BenBen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm also very interested in this. It would check a lot of boxes problems I have today.

• Jan BlikiJan Bliki commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be useful to allow web pages to be embedded. For example you can bring your favourite dashboards together in one note and add you own descriptions around it. It would allow to bring web pages together for your project and communities.

• StewartStewart commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Did you get any further with this possibility. It would be really useful.

• Hasan BazerbashiHasan Bazerbashi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wish if I can share a page with friends or collogues. For example if I'm in a meeting I can share a meeting page with my collogues with options to allow them to edit or not.

• Philippe DemoulinPhilippe Demoulin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also love the idea of a notebook = blog; a page=a page on the blog (the "page" system of Blogger, the "tab" way on some other blogs engines); a subpage = a post; comments handled externally (for instance on Disqus or equivalent)

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Well, you can sort of, kind of, publish, via Word, but that's not at all dynamic. Yes, it would be really nice to be able to SYNC out to my blog with a posted page from OneNote. Actually, I'd like to be able to build my entire blog as a notebook, but that's probably beyond the scope of this idea.

Feedback and Knowledge Base