How can we improve the OneNote APIs and developer platform? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

Enable OneNote API as an IFTTT source, not just target

Currently OneNote API is an IFTT target; I'd like to be able to write recipes that use OneNote activities as a trigger

382 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Mary Branscombe shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

19 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Christopher Goetzke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've been an Evernote user for years, but there are reasons I'm looking at transitioning to OneNote. But the features keep turning me off. It looks like OneNote is still not a valid IFTTT trigger...? After two years of discussions? Am I just missing something?

• Pablo Raposo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes!! Please do so, I'm currently attached to Evernote because of that feature, but OneNote is far more capable right now.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be tremendously helpful. I would like all items with To Do tags to show up in Todoist as Tasks and to be synced back to OneNote as complete when completed in Todoists.

• A commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

OneNote lacks an activity stream! Need OneNote note creation to trigger activity notifications in third party apps.

• Alex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would love to be able to have this. I use OneNote on my Surface for pretty much everything except task management. It would be great to be able to tag items as tasks and trigger an IFTTT recipe that would add them into ToDoist in the same way that tagging them as tasks adds them into Outlook tasks.

• Thomas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi James Lau,

One very useful recipie would be "line/paragraph with certain tag added in Onenote --> put that line somewhere".

Sometimes I'm in a class and an idea for a task comes to mind. I don't use outlook tasks, so it would be great if something tagged "task" in onenote could be added to todoist. Other people may like to have a spreadsheet of all the lines they marked "important" in onenote, etc...

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would absolutely use this, so that when I add or update a note on onenote, I could have it replicate in some fashion to evernote.

• Marjolein Hoekstra @OneNoteC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The general idea is to trigger when a note gets added or updated that meets certain conditions. Going wild about this a little:

- new note
    - new note by author a
    - new note in section b
    - new note in notebook c
    - note content meets search criteria (boolean combinations, wildcards, Regex, the whole lot)
    - note d gets linked to by note e ("incoming link")
    - a collaborator has opened a notebook f
    - a collaborator has viewed page g
    - task h has been checked
    - a new actionable task i has been added to specific note i

• Henrique Rangel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Up for that!
    You could do several things, like send to an email as notes attachement PDFs every monday for BACKUP purposes (so I can archive my TODO list history for instance without using all my space on one note), among several other examples.

Feedback and Knowledge Base